Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
junebug1991

Jojoba Oil's Many Uses...

Ever since starting Dan's Regimen I've been having constantly flaking skin to the point where I would spend 20 minutes in the morning obsessively moisturizing with a thick moisturizer which only made my face too greasy and icky and didn't work the whole day :wall: . Then I looked around acne.org and decided to try an something new...

JOJOBA OIL! :wub:

It's great, in the shower I squirt a tiny bit into my hand, rub it all over my palms and spread it over my skin and massage gently, leave it on for about 20 minutes, and then gently wipe it off with water. It has gotten rid of 70% of my dryness after only a few days and I now spend a maximum of 5 minutes obsessively moisturizing (=P). I hope my skin will continue to improve as fantastically.

It gives me the same feeling as I would get after using an exfoliator :clap: (but I'm afraid of those now :naughty: ).

It is fabulous and some people have reported it clearing their acne as well! (This has to do in part with jojoba being similar in composition to sebum, but you've heard all of this before).

Now, for the girls, here's the hair part.

I squirt a dime-sized amount into my conditioner, mix it up, and leave it in my hair for about 2 minutes. It makes my hair INSANELY shiny :D and healthy-looking and it doesn't make your hair greasy (if you don't leave it in too long - obviously).

I just wanted to bring this to attention again because it is really a fantastic thing.

Oh! I also mix a bit into my aspirin masks (those are great too!) and it lessens their drying effect. :dance:

i started using jojoba oil less than a week ago and my break outs are like 70% less than what they were. I'm knocking on wood as i say that i think it took care of my acne and now i just have to worry about the red marks. which i hear jojoba oil works wonders for, haaa.

I put the jojoba in my conditioner and it worked great! Thanks for your tip! Plus I wash my face in the shower, and then add jojoba oil while my skin is warm, leave it on for about 2 minutes and wash it off in the shower and my skin feels so incredibly soft afterwards! :clap:

When my skin feels like it needs a little bit of a buffer before I put on my aha, bha or bp, I use 1 or 2 drops of jojoba all over my face, let it sink in for a couple of minutes, then apply my topicals. It allows them to do their thing but in a less irritating fashion.

Also, if you like using the baby hairbrush method of gentle exfoliation to get rid of those annoying flakes, just massage some jojoba oil into your face and then use the baby hairbrush to exfoliate. It's so very gentle that way. I then use a dab of cleanser to remove any extra oil from the brush and my face. Baby hairbrush + jojoba = baby bottom skin! :nod:

I put the jojoba in my conditioner and it worked great! Thanks for your tip! Plus I wash my face in the shower, and then add jojoba oil while my skin is warm, leave it on for about 2 minutes and wash it off in the shower and my skin feels so incredibly soft afterwards! :clap:

I dont know if anyone has tried this or not, but just recently I started using Jojoba oil to shave with.

Shave cream or gels or foams, whatever, have tons of ingredients in and im trying to limit the amount of junk I put on my face, plus I only use organic products now. So I tried jojoba oil amd its amazing. Keeps my face moisturized and make my skin very smooth. It also lets my razor glide nicely and when I was done it was the first time in awhile I had no irritation. Try it sometime.

I dont know if anyone has tried this or not, but just recently I started using Jojoba oil to shave with.

Shave cream or gels or foams, whatever, have tons of ingredients in and im trying to limit the amount of junk I put on my face, plus I only use organic products now. So I tried jojoba oil amd its amazing. Keeps my face moisturized and make my skin very smooth. It also lets my razor glide nicely and when I was done it was the first time in awhile I had no irritation. Try it sometime.

haha!

i wonder if that would apply to legs as well?? =D that would be truly awesome.

i will try that in the next week or so and let you know!

Whats the difference between jojoba oil and Bio-Oil? I used Bio-oil on my face once and broke out mad! Even my 65 yr old grandma used it and got a small pustule!! GRANDMA's DON'T BREAK OUT??!...

HAHAHAHAH I love that comment, Grandmas dont break out....very true

The only difference really is that Bio-oil contains.....

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl EthylHexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Helianthus Annus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), BHT, Bisabolol, Perfume (Fragrance), CI 26100 (Red 17)

Where as Jojoba oil contains....Jojoba oil. haha, thats the only ingredient, 100% jojoba oil.

to whoever suggested using jojoba oil for shaving!!! I tried it last night with the jojoba oil Dan sent out when he was sending them out for free for people to try and then post results. Well I used it, my skins feels awesome. So far no breakouts from shaving like I usually get the next day or night from shaving. Only thing, it's a bit harsh, like it hurts to shave if you've gone a week without shaving like I did, but other than that, its awesome!

I tried shaving too, but underarms... it's not shorts weather yet! =P

it felt like the razor was brand new and it didn't irritate at all!

only problem - it grew back a bit fast, but maybe that's just me...

i used Jojoba Oil for a while, good stuff but i've switched to Bio Oil simply for its scar rebuilding claims; but i use jojoba on my hair sometimes and it does a good job so no complaints from me

I always found shaving with oil dulls the blade really fast. It is however, the only thing I can put on my legs after shaving. Anything else gives me a rash if I apply within about an hour.