Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
puma55

Advice for Scarless boy?

Hey all, I'm 17 and have not yet developed any scars of any kind. I know this is forum is for people with scar problems but do you guys have any advice for someone that doesn't want to get acne induced scars. Thanks. (I Know "no picking" is a bigge, but any others?)

Some ppl will scar easier than others....I try to be very careful but it still can happen. Besides not picking like you said, I would say that the best thing is to take care of the problem so that acne doesn't form in the first place. Once you have acne, there is always the possiblity of scars, although some ppl seem to not scar at all from acne. If you do get pimples, you have to be really careful when washhing your face and drying it....I've had a few mistakes over the years that lead to some scars.....you're fortunate that you don't have scars and are aware of it....I was not aware of this back then and wish I had been...who would've thought it would get this bad.... sad.gif

Whats the next forums you will vist. The bald men site, asking how not to lose your hair? I'm sorry but I don't want to hear the "woes" of person without scars asking for advice for how not to get them. If we knew don't you think we would have done it ourselves? Or do you think we knew the "secret" on how not to get acne scars but said "What the hey" and did the bad habits anyways and got scars! [-( Paleese!!!!!!!!! =;

The best way to avoid scarring, aside from picking of course, is to treat and eliminate acne as soon as possible. I know it sounds idiotic, but it really is the best and only way you can lower your risk of getting acne scars.

Do you have acne?

Emma

Healthysceptic and ScarFaceWoman - I felt your replies were uncalled for.

I wish I HAD asked these questions myself 10 years ago. I only developed cystic acne at the ripe old age of 30 - if I had known how to prevent severe scarring then .... by treating my acne properly ....... I'm sure at least half my scars could have been avoided.

I agree with Emma - get rid of the acne, no potential for scarring .... but if the acne has a deep root, then joylovepeace is right ... cleansing and getting rid of the toxins totally support freedom from acne (and many other health problems).

I wish I HAD asked these questions myself 10 years ago. I only developed cystic acne at the ripe old age of 30 - if I had known how to prevent severe scarring then .... by treating my acne properly ....... I'm sure at least half my scars could have been avoided.

I am sorry but I didnt do anything wrong, I cleansed my face properly, didnt pick at my acne, when I had big cystlike pimples I went to the Dermatologist who injected the cyst with something to shrink it, AND I STILL GOT ACNE SCARS!!!! TO Imply that I didnt takce care of my acne properly and I deserve my acne scars. Well I think that is uncalled for!!!! There is not secret on how to avoid acne scarring , some people are just prone to it no matter what you do.. I stand by my original comments. :-({|=

His question just seemed so odd, given the emotional trauma so many here are afflicted with. Though I don't think he meant anything by it, the question seemed akin to asking an obese person how to not get fat. Just frivilous and silly. Say like Nicole Kidman asking Tommy Lee Jones how she can avoid acne.

Anyway, I apologize to you Scarless Boy. If you don't squeeze your zits you will most likely never have acne scars. That will be nice becuase even though you will probably go bald soon, at least your skin will look great! Just kidding.

James