Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scott24

Acne subsiding, but T-zone getting worse

My acne for the most part is getting under control and not near as bad as it used to be. However my T-zone has been killing me for some reason in just the last year.

On my cheeks bones about "ear" level, and right under my eyes, I have been getting a lot of cystic acne and it is MORE embarrassing than just having a facefull of smaller zits. They don't even break the surface, they are just big red dots. And the weird thing is......and I swear.....it's always symmetrical!!!! I will get two red dots on each side of my face at the same time, more times than not. My pores are enlarged there, and it's always red there like when you wear sunglasses and get a sunburn.

I don't understand why this is happening NOW since I have educated myself more on skin care and the rest of my acne has gone down. It's really bothering me because they scar even though I don't try to pop them and I wash and apply BP VERY gently.

Has anyone else had this similar experience?

My acne for the most part is getting under control and not near as bad as it used to be. However my T-zone has been killing me for some reason in just the last year.

On my cheeks bones about "ear" level, and right under my eyes, I have been getting a lot of cystic acne and it is MORE embarrassing than just having a facefull of smaller zits. They don't even break the surface, they are just big red dots. And the weird thing is......and I swear.....it's always symmetrical!!!! I will get two red dots on each side of my face at the same time, more times than not. My pores are enlarged there, and it's always red there like when you wear sunglasses and get a sunburn.

I don't understand why this is happening NOW since I have educated myself more on skin care and the rest of my acne has gone down. It's really bothering me because they scar even though I don't try to pop them and I wash and apply BP VERY gently.

Has anyone else had this similar experience?

I hate to sound like a broken record, but if you're experiencing real scarring, go see a dermatologist. It's important to stop the cause before you get more scars. You don't really have time to muck about with over-the-counter experimentation. At least, that was my experience. I have a face full of scars to show for my late teenage years of not seeing a professional.

Oh I understand what you are saying. Still waiting on my insurance to kick in so I don't have to use student loans. I just wasn't sure if anyone else has experienced anything like this because it's pretty weird to have a clear face all of a sudden, and then get my T-zone and it's like BOOM!!

Thanks for your input though, as soon as cash allows I'm getting to a derm first thing.