Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i applied the baking soda with water to my face yesterday and it made me look like shit, every pimple redder, well this morning when i went to the bathroom to gel my hair before school, i couldnt look myself in the face, all i saw was red pimples and a huge red spot on my forhead so i saw my sisters makeup cream thing and i applied it, made my skin look clear and healthy, like old times but it made me feel bad knowing my skin is not like this anymore and its all fake and i fel gay for being a guy and applying makeup, well now, im home and i still have those redpsots and its raining outside but i applied the makeup again just for the fact i dont want anyone in my family to see me and comment. is it gay to be a guy and apply makeup and do any other guys here apply it?

also is this makeup good or bad for your skin? it stinks but it has spf15. god why did i apply that goddamn baking soda

I put on make-up somewhat, and i'm a guy.

I guess it doesn't help that i'm gay either.

HA.

Oh well, but, please...

A guy who likes other guys= gay.

Please don't use that term in a complaining fashion, because it gets a little old fast ;)

:comfort: I don't personally think there is anything wrong with a guy

wearing make-up, actors and celebrity type guys do ALL the time, same

reason girls do, it just helps sometimes. Although I wouldn't make a habit

of it, merely 'cause it can sometimes harm the situation, ya know, make

your skin worse in the long run.

Plenty of manly men apply makeup in order to look better. Most choose a mineral makeup that's not as evident as more liquid or cream based makeups are. Frankly, I perfectly understand why a man (or woman!) would wish to wear makeup: to look his/her best.

If you have any vaseline petrolatum jelly or Aquaphor in the house, try applying it at bedtime to help soothe the reddened skin. Baking soda usually isn't a great exfoliative agent as it is so alkaline. Exfoliation is well and good, either chemically or mechanically, but gentle is best, and baking soda can sometimes leave one with red, irritated, cracking skin.

For the next several days, please also treat your skin gently: cool or warm water, not hot. Continue use of a gentle/sensitive skin cleanser. And...don't beat yourself up anymore!

its gay.

i couldnt help it, my face looks like shit

:comfort: I don't personally think there is anything wrong with a guy

wearing make-up, actors and celebrity type guys do ALL the time, same

reason girls do, it just helps sometimes. Although I wouldn't make a habit

of it, merely 'cause it can sometimes harm the situation, ya know, make

your skin worse in the long run.

Plenty of manly men apply makeup in order to look better. Most choose a mineral makeup that's not as evident as more liquid or cream based makeups are. Frankly, I perfectly understand why a man (or woman!) would wish to wear makeup: to look his/her best.

If you have any vaseline petrolatum jelly or Aquaphor in the house, try applying it at bedtime to help soothe the reddened skin. Baking soda usually isn't a great exfoliative agent as it is so alkaline. Exfoliation is well and good, either chemically or mechanically, but gentle is best, and baking soda can sometimes leave one with red, irritated, cracking skin.

For the next several days, please also treat your skin gently: cool or warm water, not hot. Continue use of a gentle/sensitive skin cleanser. And...don't beat yourself up anymore!

Women wear makeup to feel better about themselves. Look around in the cosmetics and style section for some lamentations about "feeling fake" while wearing makeup. Look at the responses, and judge for yourself. :) I don't consider makeup-wearing to necessarily be fake, rather I consider it accentuating and improving...sort of like painting a room. :) Everyone wants to look his/her best.

Women wear makeup to feel better about themselves. Look around in the cosmetics and style section for some lamentations about "feeling fake" while wearing makeup. Look at the responses, and judge for yourself. :) I don't consider makeup-wearing to necessarily be fake, rather I consider it accentuating and improving...sort of like painting a room. :) Everyone wants to look his/her best.

Everyone also wants to look good without makeup or other artificial enhancements. :) BUT it's terrific that those artificial enhancements are around and that we can use them and within minutes feel better about ourselves. That feeling better about our appearance can become a habit if you begin to internalize that feeling, keep telling yourself the positives, accentuate the positives and STOP the negative self-talk. Seriously try it! :D

Everyone also wants to look good without makeup or other artificial enhancements. :) BUT it's terrific that those artificial enhancements are around and that we can use them and within minutes feel better about ourselves. That feeling better about our appearance can become a habit if you begin to internalize that feeling, keep telling yourself the positives, accentuate the positives and STOP the negative self-talk. Seriously try it! :D

one thing that sucks is that now i have makeup on and im at home about to eat dinner, i just didnt want to show my family my face so i applied some more makeup, i dont mind wearing it to school but at home? not good

You better control this. Because pretty soon you'll be applying makeup everyday every hour of the day. You'll become engulfed in the world of makeup and no amount of therapy will be able to set you free.

Once is fine. Just make sure it is not a common occurrence.

You better control this. Because pretty soon you'll be applying makeup everyday every hour of the day. You'll become engulfed in the world of makeup and no amount of therapy will be able to set you free.

Once is fine. Just make sure it is not a common occurrence.

No, it's NOT wrong to want to look good or wear makeup. You would not believe the number of men who ask about makeup (surreptitiously!) via PM. I will not (obviously) mention their usernames, but suffice to say, there are plenty. :)

I sometimes use neutrogina "clear tint" makeup when I go out, if I have a few pimples on my face. I have to apply it a little carefully as to keep it from being obvious, but it makes them less obvious... doesn't make them non-visible, just less obvious.

and next time, before jumping to do stuff like that... spend around an hour or two reading about it, if people have had bad experiences with it, what they did, general guidelines, typical mistakes, because something like that can be harsh on your skin if done improperly.

I had professional make up done when I performed at our high school talent show, but I don't know...

I don't think there's anything wrong with a guy doing it, but on the same note, I think the benefits of a guy wearing make up and looking a bit better vs. getting all the crap from society kind of cancel each other out. I mean, even if your skin does look a lot better, I'd imagine it to be a really hard day if every other person you see asks you why you have make up on >.<

But I do understand because I took a lot of pictures during/after the talent show, and those are some of the best-skin pictures of me. It helped me to realize how much masking celebrities get when they're in the media.

But anyways, yeah, I mean I think it all depends on how confident you can be. If you know you'll get bothered/hurt by people having fits over you having make up on, I wouldn't continue to do it, but if you can stand firm and not care, I would do it. Or, maybe you can just say you're going emo O_O (I remember a lot of kids who delcared themselves emo would start wearing mascara and eyeliner and whatnot...)

HA.

Oh well, but, please...

Please don't use that term in a complaining fashion, because it gets a little old fast ;)

HA.

Oh well, but, please...

Me being a heterosexual woman, my opinion might carry less weight, but I second this ^.

I think of makeup as having a little bit of control over your body that you otherwise wouldn't have. You may not be able to control your acne, but you can at least control their appearance.

Most people looking at my boyfriend would assume he has NEVER ever EVER tried makeup. He's a pretty macho looking dude. Random people even assume he's on our school's football team, which is a serious compliment around here. When he had facial acne in high school, he tried makeup to cover it. He never stuck with it, because he didn't like the feel of whatever he used, but he didn't have a sister (of the correct developmental stage) to mooch off. ;)

Just double check that you guys have the same skin color. The main thing that will make it look fake is if the color is slightly off.

See, this type of thread is why I like acne.org so much. :) We have many responses from different types of people, most with helpful suggestions. This community cares because we've all been there, maybe still are there, and we can help others from our own knowledge. Good going, everyone.