Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nappyjim

Can Eucerin Renweal Alpha Hydroxy lotion actually dry me out

Just wondiner if really any mostirzer with Alpha Hydroxy can acautlly dry you out if you have sensitive skin. Im wonderingf because they all contain sodium lactate which is a alpha hydroxy acid and whenver i think or hear acid...i think burn....dry.. Also, i notice that the area directly around my eyes is extremely dry.

Is it ok to use the same mostirzer around the eye or would it be better to use a more "mostrizing" lotion which may contain some oil just to put it driectly around the eye area. I never had a pimple right around my eyes where it is extremly dry so would it be better to use a diff. mostrizer around there?

Alpha hydroxy is a mild exfoliant and I can see how it might seem like an "acid" would dry, but it is actually hydrating. You'll see when you begin using it that it performs better than non-alpha hydroxy products.

I would say go ahead and use it around the eyes since it works so well. As a bonus it's good for fine lines and wrinkles. You're very young, but why not look that way forever? 8)

I agree with Dan, I recently switched from Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion to Eucerin Renewal and am enjoying the Eucerin, it helps reduce the redness more than Cetaphil, I think due to the built in SPF.

- Chewy34