Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pi_gua

Are you willing to go into debt to improve your scar situation?

Just wanna see who would go into debt to improve their condition.

Me, college student, got a student loan to either do fraxel or needling, these scars are really bothering me and it's pissing me off.

The thing is, a lotta people would spend a lotta money on treatments, but there is such a big risk of spending all of that money with no results. That's why I hesitated to do Fraxel. Thankfully, I have the resources to fund my sessions. But I would take out a loan in a heartbeat if I knew a treatment would work.

Me, college student, got a student loan to either do fraxel or needling, these scars are really bothering me and it's pissing me off.

maybe start with less expensive treatments, and by the time you are out of college and working they might have much better options to spend your hard-earned money on...

You sure you need a loan for $100??? (Needling)

I was also totally thinking about this the other day. Like how much would you pay for perfect unblemished flawless skin. Like if it were possible would you pay for this.

HELL YES!!!!

Ive spent soooooo much money on so many things trying to improve my skin.......its not even funny.

I always secretly hope...."well since its so expensive....it must give good resutls...."

wishful thinking huh......

I would not go into debt over it. I'm thankful that I have the money to fund my acne products, but if I didn't have it, I would just live with the scars. I would wait until I had the money to pay for the treatment or even get a 0% interest rate credit card to pay for it.

i wouldn't go into debt for it.

i'd spend max $2000 per year trying to improve it and only if i had the extra cash.

i would rather spend my money on outings with my girlfriend.

I'd try to spend as much as possible without hurting my relationship. If I was single, I'd spend a significant amount of money / put myself into debt.

I'd try to spend as much as possible without hurting my relationship. If I was single, I'd spend a significant amount of money / put myself into debt.

I already have and trust me it's not worth it. Your scars are there for life and no treatment in our lifetime will ever make them invisible or dramatically improved. You just end up bankrupt and still scarred, which can make you suicidal.

hell yes, I would. I agree with the pricing of HOPESEED. totally. hell yes, IF a procedure would fix my scars 100% I would definitely pay $50,000...and I ain't rich.

since i've already considered hiding out, suicide, fraxel, leaving the country....$50,000 is nothin'

I already have and trust me it's not worth it. Your scars are there for life and no treatment in our lifetime will ever make them invisible or dramatically improved. You just end up bankrupt and still scarred, which can make you suicidal.

You're wrong. Anyone who thinks they can remove their scars 100% is a fucking dipshit. But they can be significantly reduced, whether you believe it or not.

You're wrong. Anyone who thinks they can remove their scars 100% is a fucking dipshit. But they can be significantly reduced, whether you believe it or not.

Um, I've had some scars level 100%. And then slowly, the color returned to normal. The texture is slightly different, but it's not noticeable except when you stare at an inch away. I suppose that's not a complete removal of scarring, but it's close.

Yes, without hesitation. I want my skin back, my life back, i want to feel good about myself.

I have already spent over $10,000 on my face, acne, and scar treatments.....so why stop now????? none worked in a big way.

Im about to get blue light and professional needling done, a years worth of treatments, all on loan. I expect and am praying for, about a 70% improvement.

Im looking forward to a year of looking all red, eating right, no smoking or partying... and debt for it!!

I figure paying for my skin, is better value than a new car.

I'm in that situation actually... I have enough credit to get a dermabrasion or something similar, but I mean I'm in school, I work full time and I barely (but always) pay my bills on time.. Me and my boyfriend are getting a brand new condo and I do want a new car in a year from now when I get my other paid off... My boyfriend thinks I look fine... But its different when you are the person with acne scars.. Its a struggle everyday and since its been 2-3 years since I got them I have been able to function fine, but I still dont feel the same, deep down I have no confidence, I'm tired of checking out my scars in every light possible every single day.. If I could get 50% improvment I would be so HAPPY. I know I would have more motivation and more confidence.. But its the risk of puttin myself in credit card debt AND no improvement is what scares me, I don't want to fall into depression again you know? and I think maybe I should just wait a little longer when Im more finically stable but the longer I wait the older my skin is going to look the harder I feel it would be to get the BEST improvment possible... I dont know what to do!

I still keep thinking about the young lady in Australia who had all of her scars improved to completely normal by some kind of excision with grafting from behind her ear. She said her skin is perfectly normal. The treatment is done by someone here in Denver but evidently it is important to get the one doctor in the world with talent in this area. She was on this message board, and still is, somewhere. I have no idea why evey one of us who hate their scars, no matter how implroved, would not just bite the bullet and pay $1500 to go to Australia and get rid of the damn things. Any answers? I think I have had great improvement but I still think about getting it perfect. Maybe she wansn't so perfect, after all, she showed no pictures, but I beleived her and I think she would have told the truth.