Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sgt Pepper

peel me baby! .....

I need something so strong that it rips a few layers right off....because these little faint marks dotted around my cheeks have been there for ages and annoy the hell out of me.

i don't have any new pimples coming up, just a reminder that looks horribly bad from a distance in certain lighting.

tried mandelic acid, taping, exfoliating, drinking lemon water, eating carrots, taking zinc, evening primrose, lots of vegetables, fruit and water.

I don't want anything as drastic as microdermibrason just maybe an acid peel that i can do at home.

the 55% lactic peels look interesting but i've heard that you have to do lots and some don't get results etc

there should be something that removes a good few layers of skin in one sitting taking away the faint marks with it.

anything crazy i can put on my skin? i don't care about long term damage, im vain and i need my fix.

You can't have it both ways. Either you take a more aggressive approach and remove those "couple of layers" via tca peel, or you take a non-aggressive approach and be more careful and take your time. Microdermabrasian isn't that aggressive unless the person doing it is being aggressive. But even then, you wouldn't remove anything with just one treatment, and you'd likely have to keep up the maintenance (more $$$).

You oughta check out the TCA Perfecting Complex thread and read it thoroughly. It's helping a lot of us out. Keep in mind that it would be something you would have to do over at least six months to a year to notice drastic changes, but short term effects aren't bad, either.

Also, the Pure Deming Gel is fantastic and helps your skin in so many ways as well.

The TCA complex is a home peel .. there's a long thread about this on the board ... maybe take a look at that, I don't think it would be suitable to combine with the glycolic peels though so I guess you'll have to give the glycolic a few attempts b4 buying more stuff.

Did the BioLamp not get rid of everything? And what about the mandelic, did it stop working for you?

The biolamp only showed very slight improvement, it did reduce active acne.

The mandelic got to the point where it just stopped helping, and did cause a few breakouts.

Oh OK. BTW, do a test spot with the glycolic first. I am one of those people that gets burnt with glycolic ... and that can leave more redness.

And have a look at the TCA complex thread, people having very good results.

I oredred the 1/2 0z glycolic......how many peels do i get out of it?

and do you know how long it may take until it gets delivered?

I thought that TCA was for scars? i don't have any indented or raised, just flat redish marks.

You should get around 5 peels out of it ... and it took around 2 weeks when I ordered from them.