Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Onlynod

Do you think I should use accutane if....

Im a 21 yr old male and I now only have about 1 big pimple every week or so that scars on both my back and face. I am already scarred to the point where I wish I had taken it before but now i got one huge on on the side of my nose and I have a presentation tomorrow in class. It seems like once the one huge pimple finally clears and scars then a nother one pops up. The only reason i dont have as much acne now is b/c i use face wash and 10% BP, i bet if i stop using it, i will start having more craters on my body.

What should i do? Ive put it off for so long and now i really regret it. Is it worth it to take Accutane now??? The regimin is not stopping the big acne that is destroying my skin.

I looked past my skin problem for to long thinkin it would "Clear up in its own time"...

I'd enquire about taking it if i was you.

Before you do anything drastic, you might try cutting down on soda pop, getting enough sleep, eating a proper diet, taking a multivitamin and B complex vitamin, drinking 2 liters of water per day, washing in the morning, at night, and after working out, and using a non-clogging moisturizer. This is what finally cleared up my acne, and it was bad -- large red pimples that had an annoying habit of turning into cysts.

Do what you feel is best for yourself, but I have tried it all and only one thing has ever worked for me. That one thing is Accutane. I would recommend Accutane for anybody with severe scarring acne, whether it be one cyst or ten cysts.

that is what accutane is for - to treat acne before it causes further scarring to the skin. i'd go on it as soon as u can

youre all absolutely right, i should have taken it long ago. Now im constantly being asked what those marks on my face are from.

Thanks for the replies, I think ill make a docs apptnment