Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fame money stacks

TATOOS WHILE ON ACCUTANE ??

wazup people ive been on accutane over a month, 80 mgs a day for cystic acne....so far i've seen some good results alot of the cysts i had are gone around my sideburn area and neck(jawline) i am seeing blackheads on my nose dissapear and am seein my pores reduce in size, im still gettin breakouts, but juss normal pimples no cysts....i am just wondering if getting a tattoo while on tane would be bad since it makes your skin so sensitive....the spot i would be getting it done at is my rists, where there is obviously no acne......anyway i was just asking you guys' opinion on this matter because i was wondering would it affect the skin healing after the tat and stuff like that.....anyway feedback would be much appreciated

thnx guyz

-Fame-

I was actually wondering this myself. I'm (hopefully) starting Accutane within the next couple of months and I'd love to get a tattoo before then, preferably this month. Does anyone know if having a "fresh" new tattoo would have any problems if starting Accutane in the near future?

I was actually wondering this myself. I'm (hopefully) starting Accutane within the next couple of months and I'd love to get a tattoo before then, preferably this month. Does anyone know if having a "fresh" new tattoo would have any problems if starting Accutane in the near future?

You definitely should not get a tattoo whilst on tane, or in the six months after you finish. The tane may not appear to affect your wrists but the skin is probably thinner than usual and at risk of scarring from a tattoo. It's not worth the risk - wait until at least 6 months after you finish (the same for waxing).

I'm not sure about getting a tattoo before tane. However, I'd go on the side of caution and not get it. Wait until 6 months after you finish. If it doesn't heal quickly and you go on tane you may risk it never healing properly.

The directions say not to have any invasive procedures done for at least six months after your last pill. It's your risk. Some may have 'perfect' results...you may not be so lucky. I was not.

The directions say not to have any invasive procedures done for at least six months after your last pill. It's your risk. Some may have 'perfect' results...you may not be so lucky. I was not.