Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello my name is Ruud VanRoy and i am Dermatologist that works out of miami beach, fl. I was told about this website by one of my clients and would like to reach out a welcoming hand to anyone that may have any questions in regards to and medication and or products you might currently be using. In Regards to the response of your question i will try to get on as much as i can for my time is much thoughtout by my clients and family. Plz feel free to ask anything and i will try to answer your inquires as soon as possible.

Thank you

Hello Dr.VanRoy........ I never asked my derm this but I was wondering if there is anything i mean anything you can do to make your red marks lighter? My skin is looking so amazing because I am on accutane! But I have some red marks that bother me!

Redmarks Of Blachy Skin as we like to call it is the dark reallity of years of painful acne. Redmarks are often associated with cystic acne and or the constent habit of picking or touching the effected area.

1. Do you currently have Acne.

2. Is your case in regards to only redmarks

3. Are u currently under using any products.

this all has to do with your solution to redmarks plz answer.

Also if you are only suffering from redmarks i suggest you get a light glycolic peel so that your marks can start to fade away. I only recommend this if you are rid of acne and only have redmarks left.

Yes basically all my acne is gone... I have a few that are a little scabby like..... My red marks arnt that dark cause I havnt had many many years of acne! I dont pick my face I learned thats a NO NO! So bascially no active acne, i have red marks which i know will fade on there own in a few months but sooner is better, I wash with cetaphil and I use toner and moisturizer in the morning and at night! And if my chance (period season) i get a zit I use on the spot cream!

I have taken the time to read some of the post that have been written by many of what i believe are members in regards to Accutane and other products but mostly what i am concerned with is accutane.

1. I dont not recommend accutane for anyone with any type of acne. I have personally seen the long lasting affects that accutane has had on long time users. The most recent case was that of a 17 year old women who was under accutane and started to undergo liver failure. Her blood was not filtering therefor causeing a total intoxication of her body to the point where she sadly had no way of recuperation and later was put to rest. The reports said that as follow. * Patient, High levels of toxins threwout bloodstream created a organ failure resulting in death. The family is currently in court battling for her daughters death do to accutane.

2. A second case that was brought forth at the University of Miami American Academy of Dermatology meeting in which 86 of 245 patient started to bleed threw their ears.

if you are using accutane and have any question plz feel free to ask.

Well I am sad to hear about that but the only side effect I have was bleeding nose that is it...... I was just wondering about my red marks.

Ok a common problem among Women. lallala heres what you should do. 1st it seems that many people have this idea that marks will just Fade Away... They dont iam sorry to tell you that. They dont even fade a little. When you see your self in the mirror and say WOW my marks are fading away its not true what is happening is that your body has started to adapt the pigmentation of the mark and trying to even it out naturally but this never happen completely. The marks on your face if not treated will stay their for a long long long time. i have had patients that have had marks for 23 years and they still dont fade. Ok heres my suggestion.

1. treat yourself to a facial so that alll the impurities in your skin are removed..well atleast what can be taken out.

2. Ask for a lite 40% glycolic peel to rid yourself of all those scabs of very dark marks on your skin.

3. a latic acid peel will even out the color making you look even all around.

4. As for your comment in regards to have a beautiful Glow heres what u have to do. Go out and get yourself a product called Oxyliance made by Sothys a french company that is based in new york. you can find this products online or at any upper scale spa. This Product cost no more then 30-40 dollars what the products does is give the skin radiance.

this is sound like a lot but it is not. we are talking ball park around 150-200 dollars between facial peels and cream. Sometimes you can make a deal in which you are treated and the cost is much less.

If this still seems rather expensive treat yourself to a facial, and slowly continue the process. Remember this is not an over night thing it will take depending on your face and how bad your marks are anywhere from 1 session to 3 session. it sound to me lite all you might need is a facial and a lite peel. start off from their see what happen. you all you need is one session you can get results in no more then 48 hours after the treatment

lol yes i do recommend other doc if the patient still wants it. redmarks will go away with glycolic peel. 40% no more

do not do more then 40 %. i recommend you start with 20% and continue accordingly. 20% once a month for 3 month will give you great results

Dr. VanRoy,

do you recommend Retin-A Micro for acne and red/brown marks? i am currently using Retin-A Micro 0.1% and Cetaphil with no water. it is making my skin peel and some of the marks are fading but it has only been less than a week of daily usage.

I hate to clutter you with all of these questions Dr... But I have never seen any doctor about my acne and I think I just need a quick evaluation on my skin:

Brief Info: Male, 20 years old, Central Florida

I have regularly dry skin. My face breaks out with these small bumppy flesh-colored comedones (like hundreds of them) around my mouth and chin area.. These eventually (one by one) turn into enflamed whiteheads. My cheeks never get acne and are always rough and dry and red. I have noticed that the best my skin gets is when doing my regimen of washing lightly at night and moisturizing and just washing with water and moisturizing at day.. I guess the moisturizer keeps my acne down.. but its not fully working yet.. I still get a few zits here and there...

P.S - I also have Keratosis Pilaris on my arms.. and I think Rubrea Faceii on my cheeks as well.. would that be any connection with my acne?

Hello Dr.!

1. Botchlas regiem consists of Clean and Clear blackhead eliminating facial scrub in the morning, followed by that and the 10% benzol peroxide wash also by Clan and Clear. Is this good?

2. Steaming your face, GOOD or BAD?

3. B5 good or bad?

4. what facial peels can i get at stores and do at home EASIALLY that will take away red marks/acne/scars and has little or NO downtime so i can do my daily activities etc.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Malia:

No i do not recommend it for blachy skin. your face is peeling because you need a moistureizer. cetaphil will peel your face when u combine it retin a micro. Use a mild face was that has Detoxication Factors in it.

Tayrayuf:

Are you shaving up or down? shave down to avoid irritation. sound like mild acne. before you go see a derm do the following. Get a mild face wash with detoxication factors in it. Buy a moisturizer that contains aloe vera to avoid breakouts do to shaving this sound more like a case of bad skin care rather then acne.

Ryce:

Never use a scrub all it does is irritate the face more. Scrubs have walnut or microbeeds that harm rather thrn do any good. When scrubs are combined with any BP product u creat harmful abrasions to the skin. Steam is good when its not abused only do it once every 10 days. B5 has many differnt effects on people, overall i have seen mild to ok results.I dont recommend you do facials at home go to an Estheticians. depending on how intense your facial is you can continue with your life as of the next day as long as you use sun screen spf 15.

Paszne8:

Good question.

Hello, Dr. I'm curious about your resistance to prescribe Accutane. Does this mean you never prescribe the topical and oral supplement or just the pills? I've known people who rave about the effects, why the reluctance?…

1. Is it because of all the lawsuits and bad media?

2. How long have you been prescribing it before you decided to stop?

3. Are you making case-scenarios on the side effects are is it the census?

4. Couldn’t you just prescribe the low dosage regime?

ok lets start of as follows. Accutane in my line of work is the fast money solution to a problem to you will have for the rest of your life. Acne is in you forever it never goes away,,,,You can Maintain it so that it dosnt get out of control but their is no cure. Accutane has prompted itself on this illusion that it CURES ACNE. The truth is Accutane was originally developed as a blood cleanser for cocain addicts little did they know that it would actually do something to the skin. Accutane contain high levels of a chemical that when injected directly to the blood stream lead to death. Accutane in many cases has given tremendous results but as in other cases we see horrific results.

1. Is it because of all the lawsuits and bad media?

has nothing to do with bad media or lawsuits it a personal decision i took.

2. How long have you been prescribing it before you decided to stop?

1 year. 2001 was when i stopped on accutane because 1 client of mine went to the hospital because of it.

3. Are you making case-scenarios on the side effects are is it the census?

What do you mean. plz elaborate more on what your trying to ask

4. Couldn’t you just prescribe the low dosage regime?

Why would i want to hurt my patients ?.

And lastly, because it has been a while since Accutane was introduced, shouldn't they have published some sort of official material about the aftermath effects on Accutance patients or are they reluctant because it is unfavorable to their bank accounts?...

United state law required that any side effect that has extreme effect on a patient is to be reported to FDA. Now heres what accutane producers do. As known by many accuatane has had more bad then good on society. to avoid prosecution they release every year a 125 page manuscript containing all the negeative reported effects on users. how do you get a copy? you request it,,it take 60-90 days for you to recieve it. How come the FDA does not bring it to light because they dont have to. Their is a no question asked ? no need to response effect going on. heres something my friend at the ADD dont want you to know. Find out what connection the FDA has to Accutane.Who created Accutane and their current position in the FDA. Also research what accutane has done to people Outside the US where they dont have an FDA to contain whats released.

Thank you Dr. VanRoy, your information is extremely helpful. Sorry to keep on asking but I have one other question. What is the best way to get rid of the redness of the face casued by BP and SA? Thank you so much.

what doctor uses "plz" as an abbreviation....either you are a veteran "chatter" or your trying to sell yourself as a doctor using generalizations as anwsers, when anyone can do this.... :-s

hey man, like fred said, what kind of person would try to sell himself as a doctor on an acne board forum, Dr. VanRoy has given me excellent information and so far things have worked. If only we had more poeople like him on the forum we'd ALLLLL be clear.

Yawn...I have no respect for dermatologists. I have been to 5 in a span of 8 years that have done nothing but screw up my skin. Ever since I have read this board I have been clearer then ever. Prescriptions have done nothing for me and alot of people on this board but wasted our money and emotions.

Sounds like their giving pretty sound advice to me! What is it exactly you want this dr to say, that would make you feel better. Every one comes to this site looking for answers to there acne problems, yet time after time, when the possible answers come, no listens! Even if he/she isn't a dr, the advice is still good. If your waiting for a magic cure to appear online, you'll be waiting a while, until then, anyone who offers advice is doing a good job, wether the info suits you or not!

The truth is Accutane was originally developed as a blood cleanser for cocain addicts little did they know that it would actually do something to the skin. Accutane contain high levels of a chemical that when injected directly to the blood stream lead to death. Accutane in many cases has given tremendous results but as in other cases we see horrific results. . . . 

United state law required that any side effect that has extreme effect on a patient is to be reported to FDA. Now heres what accutane producers do. As known by many accuatane has had more bad then good on society. to avoid prosecution they release every year a 125 page manuscript containing all the negeative reported effects on users. how do you get a copy? you request it,,it take 60-90 days for you to recieve it. How come the FDA does not bring it to light because they dont have to. Their is a no question asked ? no need to response effect going on. heres something my friend at the ADD dont want you to know. Find out what connection the FDA has to Accutane.Who created Accutane and their current position in the FDA. Also research what accutane has done to people Outside the US where they dont have an FDA to contain whats released.

check the "shocked" thread, he's trolling for girls & has his webcam ready & who knows what else . . . . biggrin.gif

charly----what part of what this dr wrote is fraud! you said yourself you know a great deal about this field? When did you get your degree in Dermatology?

I hate to back this person, they may be a fraud, i don't know, but on principle, the fact is, what he says is not new, accutane has been very close to being banned on several occasions, the side effects are well known, many sites are dedicated to this point. All the info is online, search for it if you don't believe him. Sometimes you have to look at more than one place to get the full story!

Im lucky, ive found a routine that has cleared me, i found it here. The point is, i looked and tried what i thought would work. Maybe you guys should do the same, rather than attacking someone on spelling etc. Who cares. I've visited acne org for over a year, and the one thing i never understand is the amount of info available, that then gets shot down by people who either don't know or don't care. I often wonder why some people even bother to come here. You have to be careful who you ignore and put down, you never know, they could end up being the one with the info to help you!