Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kuhoolish

Fuck it, I'm going to try getting clear naturally

for a good year or so i've been searching for something that will "cure" my acne.

i really doubt a cure exists, plus my mom had it around my age so i can't fight genetics.

when i had stopped doing ANYTHING to my face, for a good month it was really clearing up, but the second month acne started destroying everything again.

i think that's because i wasn't respecting basic rules of healthy living: exercise and eat right.

i had dropped weight lifting and wanted to indulge in chocolate and sweets because i didn't think it was fair clear skinned people got to enjoy them, but i don't give a fuck now, i'd rather be healthy.

i'm also going to shower twice a day, even if i haven't worked out that day as i've heard it can improve your skin. a shower is supposedly a good basic exfoliant i've heard.

i'll update you in a month's time on my progress. i'm happy i'm going to start weightlifting again, it really does improve your state of mind.

You probably coulda posted this in the Holistic section as well. Anyways,

good for you, that's the way I had to go 'cause I didn't have many options

and nothing was working. Good luck :D

be very wary about having protein shakes. They are the reason why I am here.

Now that you mention that, be wary of energy drinks! I quit my favorite one a week ago. I got a splitting headache when I quit too...caffeine withdrawl sucks! I still drink my 1 cup of coffee in the morning, but that's it. Energy drinks have too much caffeine, caffeine equals dehydration, dehydration equals more oil production, more oil production equals breakouts!

thanks for the replies.

i had tried protein shakes for a month or so but the taste alone has put me off of them for good. plus i know an easier, home ingredients shake that does it even better than the store bought mixes.

yea i sometimes get jealous of ppl that eat chocolates with clear skin too but ive gone 3 years without chocolate and it actually feels good :] plus that means less time worrying about your white teeth :]