Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zulu599

THIGH ACNE?

This is reallllly embaressing...

So, thanks to my parents, i was cursed with my mom's pale/translucent skin, and my dad's THICK, dark hair. I have hair on my thighs...not just the top/inside...all over- im not a wearwolf or anything, but i have a good amount of hair that im SURE is not normal (my boyfriend has like NO hair whatsoever on his thigs and has smooth, perfect skin, so its pretty horrible for me).

so i've avoided wearing shorts since i was 13 (im 23 now, and female, and i live in FL- so, im sure you could figure out how much that sucks). Sometimes i shave my entire legs, which is great, but after a few hours i start getting tiny pimples everywhere! these are not ingrown hairs, they are small, and pop right away with pus. Even when i don't shave, i get pimples, not just the tiny ones, sometimes big ones. i end up massacre-ing my skin on my thighs because ive become obsessed with popping the pimples, even if they are so small and un-noticeable. its not like i have crazy cysts or anything, just like TONS of red spots and little bumps-

what the hell can i do to stop the madness! i just want to be normal...

ps-within the next week i am starting laser hair removal treatments, so eventually i won't have to shave at all- i'll be embaressed to even show mu legs to the technition! and even when i don't shave i still get pimples there so...i dont know what to do!

ps-i dont have acne anywhere else on my body except my face

Hey Zulu,

So i use to have this problem too. I have found out that girls tend to freak out with shaving to make sure every spot on the thigh is shavin(because some missed hair lines are very stressing). What i have discovered is by shaving over the same spot too many times it causes irritation to the skin and otherwise causes the bumps, or pimples if you want to call them, to show up very quickly after shaving.

If you lighten with shaving over the same spot more than 2 or three times i bet you will see a dramatic decrease in the bumps. Plus if you have too, only shave over once and after an hour or so, come back and finish the job so the irritation doesnt occur. Also, make sure you shave in the direction of the hair growth. Before you get your legs wet feel around and take notes on the direction the hair grows.

My friend also experiences this problem and i told her my solution, and lately she has found a totaly decrease in bumps and pimples.

Hope this helps!

SarahKate

The red bumps that come right after shaving aren't acne, it's just skin irritation. Some guys get it on their necks a lot. Don't shave against the grain or use shaving alternatives!

This is reallllly embaressing...

So, thanks to my parents, i was cursed with my mom's pale/translucent skin, and my dad's THICK, dark hair. I have hair on my thighs...not just the top/inside...all over- im not a wearwolf or anything, but i have a good amount of hair that im SURE is not normal (my boyfriend has like NO hair whatsoever on his thigs and has smooth, perfect skin, so its pretty horrible for me).

so i've avoided wearing shorts since i was 13 (im 23 now, and female, and i live in FL- so, im sure you could figure out how much that sucks). Sometimes i shave my entire legs, which is great, but after a few hours i start getting tiny pimples everywhere! these are not ingrown hairs, they are small, and pop right away with pus. Even when i don't shave, i get pimples, not just the tiny ones, sometimes big ones. i end up massacre-ing my skin on my thighs because ive become obsessed with popping the pimples, even if they are so small and un-noticeable. its not like i have crazy cysts or anything, just like TONS of red spots and little bumps-

what the hell can i do to stop the madness! i just want to be normal...

ps-within the next week i am starting laser hair removal treatments, so eventually i won't have to shave at all- i'll be embaressed to even show mu legs to the technition! and even when i don't shave i still get pimples there so...i dont know what to do!

ps-i dont have acne anywhere else on my body except my face

thanks guys!!! i actually just went to the derm and got pretty much most of the hair on my legs lasered off- except bikini line because it was too damn painful! so hopefully that will help...i will definitely use those tips for the remaining hair/bikini line to help ease irritation...thanks!

glad you got that taken care of.

however, if anyone else is suffering from thigh acne, I really recommend going to *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. * for really good information.

I have experienced ltos of acne in the genital area and fixed them with tea tree oil + laser