Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Princessbex22

Profractional Laser

I am on my second day of the ProFractional treatment. I just wanted to know how long it will take for the pixel-like dots to go away on my skin? I understand the redness stays for a while, but I am not comfortable being out in public with my face covered in dots.

My "track" marks went away both times about the 3rd or 4th day. They would just dry up (they're litle tiny scabs) and fall off.

I am on my second day of the ProFractional treatment. I just wanted to know how long it will take for the pixel-like dots to go away on my skin? I understand the redness stays for a while, but I am not comfortable being out in public with my face covered in dots.

My "track" marks went away both times about the 3rd or 4th day. They would just dry up (they're litle tiny scabs) and fall off.

Ok, I got the profractional laser done on my whole face over the weekend because of the scars I have from acne that I've had now for 10 years. i'm getting married this June, so I decided I needed to invest in something serious, and even though my fiance says that he can't even tell and that he thinks im beautiful blah blah blah. It's not about him. It's about me and the fact that I have struggled with this for a long time and I'm 24 years old and I'm finished with it!

So, before getting this done, I did a lot of research on it and wanted to hear people's stories when they got it done. I was nervous about this, because, well, it's my face! But I knew it would be fine. I was more nervous that I would look like a freak afterward, but actually, it really wasn't that bad. My face was pretty red right after, but after a few hours, you could barely tell. I went and babysat that night with no make up on or anything and no one looked at me funny or anything. The redness was completely gone by the next day and I went about my business without being paranoid.

So I guess the real test will be in the next few weeks to see what kind of an affect it has on the scars. I can see a little bit of a difference, but that might be my imagination. So I will post again to let who ever is thinking about doing this what kind of progress I'm having.

The doctor told me that if I want to get it done again that I needed to wait a month. So i'm thinking by then that hopefully I will see some sort of improvement.

HI

IM 25 AND I PLAN TO START MY TREATMENT IN A MONTHS TIME. BECAUSE I HAVE ASIAN SKIN MY DOCTOR ADVISED ME TO USE A PIGMENT BLOCKING CREAM 1 MONTH PRIOR TO TREATMENT TO AVOID SUN DAMAGE. I AM REALLY NERVOUS ABOUT THIS TREATMENT, I HOPE N PRAY THAT IT WORKS ON MY DEEP SCARS.

PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED, I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR PROGRESS

Hello everyone i am new to this website but i am getting a profractional done april 24th and i am very excited. my doctor is offering me free BBLs and 3 profractionals for the price of 1500. He is new and he works at he same office as my plastic surgeon. ( i got rhinoplasty if anyone is interested and i am so happy with it!) anyway i am really excited i am 21 and i have been breaking out like crazy and i have scars all over my face and its so ugly! i will post before and after pics! wish me luck!

Just wondering how many microns you went? And did you have the mirco laser peel as well? If so at what percent did you go? What products did you use and when did you stop?

Thanks so much

Hi everyone,

I had my first profractional treatment in Jan 08. The laser was new technology in Oct 07 so I was one of my doctor's first acne scar patients. It cost $800 for 2 treatments. My second was in Feb 08 and I just had a 3rd after Christmas 08. The key to success is the depth they go. I had cystic acne and had quite deep scarring. My doctor went to 750 microns. To give you some point of reference, wrinkle repair is done around 200 microns. I wouldn't have left the house for the first 3 or 4 days and only felt comfortable with make-up at 5 or 6 days. At this point it's hard to tell I ever had acne. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself. The first treatment I saw some improvement. After the second I was very much improved but still had a few spots left where the scarring was the deepest.l After this last treament almost everything is completely gone. It's a mess and slightly painful but so well worth it. At the depth of 750 microns you must be numbed before the procedure with a cream. I think that if you're only pink or you're going in public after only 3 days then your doctor probably didn't go very deep and the result probably won't be as dramatic as mine. Best of luck to all of you, I know what it feels like to be surprised by your reflection in the car window.

750 microns? Is that possible? My doctor gave me 450microns and she says it is already pretty aggressive. Should I ask her to go even deeper?

Hi everyone,

I had my first profractional treatment in Jan 08. The laser was new technology in Oct 07 so I was one of my doctor's first acne scar patients. It cost $800 for 2 treatments. My second was in Feb 08 and I just had a 3rd after Christmas 08. The key to success is the depth they go. I had cystic acne and had quite deep scarring. My doctor went to 750 microns. To give you some point of reference, wrinkle repair is done around 200 microns. I wouldn't have left the house for the first 3 or 4 days and only felt comfortable with make-up at 5 or 6 days. At this point it's hard to tell I ever had acne. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself. The first treatment I saw some improvement. After the second I was very much improved but still had a few spots left where the scarring was the deepest.l After this last treament almost everything is completely gone. It's a mess and slightly painful but so well worth it. At the depth of 750 microns you must be numbed before the procedure with a cream. I think that if you're only pink or you're going in public after only 3 days then your doctor probably didn't go very deep and the result probably won't be as dramatic as mine. Best of luck to all of you, I know what it feels like to be surprised by your reflection in the car window.

750 microns? Is that possible? My doctor gave me 450microns and she says it is already pretty aggressive. Should I ask her to go even deeper?

That's what I was thinking..... I did 300 microns and my face was already bleeding from it.....300 is already deep enough, I'm a bit skeptic about 750 microns, I don't think you should ask your doctor to go deeper, but just ask for an advice because if you go too deep that will cause serious skin burn

Hi Everyone-

I just had my 2nd out of 3 Profractional treatments. The total cost was $1200. I signed up for CareCredit which allows minimal monthly payments without interest.

Let me tell you how easy the procedure is, and how bad you look afterwards....

The cosmetic surgeon used needles to numb the areas in my face that were going to be worked on. Then, the procedure itself takes about 10 minutes. I have 3 very old chicken pox scars from when I was a kid, and a scar from when I fell on a glass bowl. All of these scars are over 30 years old. I felt nothing during the procedure. I could only HEAR the loud machine being used. As soon as it was over, I looked in the mirror and nearly died. I had squares of white dots all over the areas that were treated. The holes were filled with blood droplets. I had to blot the treated areas for about 2 hours after the treatment. The cosmetic surgeon went 700 microns if you were curious. He said this was very agressive and deep. My face looked absolutely HORRIBLE for 6 days straight. Everyone I encountered asked what happened to me-even strangers on the street! I finally got so tired of answering, that I made up some really cool things for my own amusement-Henna tattoos, a bar fight, parasailing accident, jet ski fall, etc. You name it-I made it up! Anyway, I have my last treatment in mid-August.

As for the results, I am sorry to say that I don't see any improvement. I was told, however, that it can take up to 6 months to see full results. I am very disappointed that I didn't see immediate results, but I am also a very impatient person so that doesn't help any. The cosmetic surgeon I go to is a very nice man. If you live in the midwest, I would be happy to give out his information! I will keep everyone posted after my final treatment in three weeks.

Hi everyone,

I have visited these boards for several years and I have only had the courage to make a post until today. I have modest acne scarring and have recently (8 days ago) had my first pro fractional C02 treatment, and I am very concerned with my healing process. I am still a little red, but my main concern is that I can see the holes the laser made on my face. They were deeper on the intial days and they have improved, but I am concern they will not completely heal. Has anyone experienced this?

Hi everyone,

I have visited these boards for several years and I have only had the courage to make a post until today. I have modest acne scarring and have recently (8 days ago) had my first pro fractional C02 treatment, and I am very concerned with my healing process. I am still a little red, but my main concern is that I can see the holes the laser made on my face. They were deeper on the intial days and they have improved, but I am concern they will not completely heal. Has anyone experienced this?

Hi there! I will be going in today for my 4th treatment....YES, that will make 4! Funny you ask about the holes. I began this process last summer in June, and I can still see some tiny holes in my skin. When I went in the other day for spider vein removal, I asked this very question. He said they might not go away. I don't think YOU would notice them, but I can still see them. Are you happy with your results? I was not happy after spending $1,200 so he is doing it again (even though I HATE the downtime afterwards). The "road rash" mess usually lasts 5-7 days.

Ok, so I had my 4th and FINAL Profractional laser treatment a few weeks ago. I waited to come back to the boards to report because I wanted to give it enough time. Sadly, I still do not see ANY improvement on my scars. I can truly say that this did not work for me AT ALL. I am sorry to have wasted the time AND money on these procedures.

I am, however, going to my dentist to get the ZOOM whitening next week. Hopefully that will be a success!

Hello everyone,

I had my first profractional laser done on Dec. 13 in Montreal. I had cystic acne due to pregnancy and it left some scarring. I was told I would need at most 3 treatments, at $600 each. No meds, just numbing cream. I possibly have a low pain threshold because I was screaming and cursing. There was plenty of blood and the scent of burning skin, and I was told that most patients do the teatment on Thursday and by Monday they can put on makeup and go to work. It took me 10 days for the redness to settle down. My skin was so dry, I was constantly applying that thick moisturizer they gave me. It is now 3.5 months later. My skin doesn't look any better, in fact some of my scars are more prominent. Co-workers have commented on how they never noticed certain scars before, and if I ever purse my lips, the 'track marks' are visible. My sister actually says it looks as if I had duct tape on my face. I went for a follow up and was told my skin may need more time to heal, and that with the second treatment the results would be more noticeable. The results so far have been negative and I am very disappointed. I did do research before I had the laser done and everything seemed very positive. I don't know if I should even try a second treatment or if that would possibly make things even worse than they became. And from what I've read on this site, most of you have had pretty good results.

Hello everyone,

I had my first profractional laser done on Dec. 13 in Montreal. I had cystic acne due to pregnancy and it left some scarring. I was told I would need at most 3 treatments, at $600 each. No meds, just numbing cream. I possibly have a low pain threshold because I was screaming and cursing. There was plenty of blood and the scent of burning skin, and I was told that most patients do the teatment on Thursday and by Monday they can put on makeup and go to work. It took me 10 days for the redness to settle down. My skin was so dry, I was constantly applying that thick moisturizer they gave me. It is now 3.5 months later. My skin doesn't look any better, in fact some of my scars are more prominent. Co-workers have commented on how they never noticed certain scars before, and if I ever purse my lips, the 'track marks' are visible. My sister actually says it looks as if I had duct tape on my face. I went for a follow up and was told my skin may need more time to heal, and that with the second treatment the results would be more noticeable. The results so far have been negative and I am very disappointed. I did do research before I had the laser done and everything seemed very positive. I don't know if I should even try a second treatment or if that would possibly make things even worse than they became. And from what I've read on this site, most of you have had pretty good results.

HI and thank you for your post...I also live in Montreal and am thinking of having this done but am scared of the all the bad reviews. Can you tell where you went for these treatments and how much you were charged? I appreciate your help.

What doctor/clinic did you go to? The clinic I went to in Oakville is charging $1000 per treatment which seems really high compared to yours.

Thanks in advance

Hi!

I've done two profractionals the second being 4days ago.

The cost at where I'm having it done at a plastic surgeons office in an upperscale area is 3tx for 1,300

plus tax or single tx are $500 plus tax.

My first tx. was really deep (which I begged for, because the surgeon at that office did a deep erbium on my old scars,large pores and rough texture....anyways I was somewhat disapointed with the results...scars still noticeable, skin a little more smoother, pores seem the same)

anyways she turned it up to 400 and I think it was at 20% the more percentage the more area is covered even though it was done on my whole face. ( I took two advils prior and had numbing cream...it was a little painful)

I was extremely red and bleeding!!! I loved that....for real....to me the more down time the more it'll be worth it.

Later on (1st night) I was putting on the goop that they gave me and my face really starting dripping bloodl! No fear I knew that it was from taking too much cod liver oil....cod liver oil thins the blood.

(I'll just have to remember to stop using it and vit. e five days prior to my next tx.)

Anyways, I was red for almost a wk. about the third day my skin started to peel and did so until about the seventh day.

I noticed a difference in my pore size and I had a new scar on my face prior to tx. and it seemed much smaller, but the old ones well....i don't think so.

As far as what I've read online about profractional is shallow tx. is used for texture on the skin (and pore size?) and deeper tx. is for acne scars.

On my last tx. I think she said that she wasn't going to go as deep and wanted to work on the texture of my skin around my mouth.

I'm still red and it's day 4.

I think I'm going to ask her to stick with the deeper ones for now.

My husband jumped when he saw me after my first tx. as did my sister and her husband.....I really looked like someone did a number on me....and I drove through downtown like that!!! (forgot my scarf) It was pretty scary and I really did scare my husband who had to ask me if it was really necessary for me to do these tx. Ha haahah!!

I'm just doing them to keep myself busy until I do a CO2 tx. in January, because I'm still a little skeptical about the results of this, but I guess we'll see.

Actuallly I went for consult with another plastic surgeon and he actually suggested that I do a heavy CO2 on my entire face and then follow it up with 5 fractional tx., He feels the dif. lasers works on different parts /depths of the skin.

I didn't think my skin was that bad...I don't have any major inferior complex, in fact I feel good about myself and at times think that I'm really pretty and have great confidence.

Maybe it's because I don't look in the mirror 24/7? Hahaah!!

Anyways, I'm very interested in hearing everyone's experience with the profractional and if there are any results.

P.s.

the dr. that was charging $1,000/tx, is absolute ludricous, that's crazy and a major mark up!

I'd call around and see what the average price is.

Which is what I did around here.

I had fractional laser done and it was a real disappointment. I was in the Czech Republic as it's so much cheaper..to make matters worse, the documentation they sent via email all pointed to "old fashioned" CO2 and accompanying long downtime.

I paid around £1000 for one fractional (I only found out before I travelled), and for some reason, the surgeon chose full sedation with it. I came round and the bleeding was pretty minimal, I'd say it was similar to what I see after using a 1.5mm Dermaroller at home!

Within 3-4 days the redness was gone (none of the predicted peeling, the representative even said in an email I could send a picture when I was healed! I already WAS). I was given gauze and Vaseline but I barely needed them. I certainly did when I did a hardcore TCA and Jessner's earlier this year!

As I spent so much money, and everyone here is saying they spent less for a course of treatments, I want to know if I have any grounds for complaint. Nobody seems to have any answers :( I posted another thread with a few pictures of me right after the treatment.

I agree, that a less aggressive procedure yields minimal results. In future I'm going to tell them to go for it..but I'm not going to pick this surgeon/clinic again.

As for the laser, first I was told it was Tre-Amplus (couldn't find that anywhere on the net), then the representative said it was MultiXel TL.

Edited by ljane

Today, 11:10 AM

Post #6

Group: Members

I did for the 1sttime sciton pro fractional laser yesterday and for sure it will be my last time! So many people who saw me in the clinic, meaning other patients and older ones coming for bottom and filler etc, asked me wut the hell I was doing in the clinic, and I m only 28 yearsold just gave birth 6 months ago to my beautiful baby and I m like yeah I ve some old scars acne on my cheeks next to my ears that I can easily hide with my hair but no I always felt ugly, though so many people tell me they think I m pretty and my hubby is against it me going through such a procedure, but I thought I ll have a smooth beautiful skin, and I went through it, they ve put some emla cream on my face to numb the pain, first of all they should really give u earplugs, the sound is too loud and it s painful and the doc said I had to do all my face for it to be even and beautiful though the rest of my skin is perfect but I listened like a good patient! And after I finished my cheeks were bleeding... Today the next day my face is swollen reddish brownish, I m a very white skinned, and now that I look at myself in the mirror now I see ugly... Oh my God how stupid I was! I'm all dotted from the machine I put this Vaseline like stinky cream they gave me and I'm in my bedroom letting my mum taking care of my girl because I don t want her to see her Mummy as a monster! I miss her, miss hugging her kissing her playing with her, if I only knew, they just showed me amazing pics then said that it ll turn red for a few days then pink then get magnificent skin! My hubby s away on business trip and will b back in a week I hope by then I d heal properly or at least be able to wear make up to hide that he d kill me if he knew! I feel so miserable and if your scars aren't that bad then don t do it, buy make up get a nice haircut wear stylish and the last thing people would notice are the scars! I blame roaccutane pill for my scars because ever since I took it it dried up my skin so quickly but then created those yuky scars... Urg and I thought before I d pro fractional for my breast as I got some stretch marks from breastfeeding as they got huge! But now I m not even considering the idea! Does it get any better? And when? I m still in pain, feeling it burns And having a very swollen face dotted and having white pimply heads though I never get pimples anymore, yuuuuk serious I hate it!