Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luvsky

Facial Redness

Hi, i am a 24yr old female.....my face is red on my cheeks and nose...but i don't feel a burning sensation....so i told my mother i think i might have rosacea..and she said that she thinks its because i have been using so many products that i might have a chemical burn.

I remember i once used baking soda back to back..and my face was beet red the whole day it looked like a sunburn...and i just kept trying product after product.i only had minor pimples and blackheads...so what i am trying to say is that maybe everybody on here who has facial redness it might not be rosacea..just a chemical burn from so many different acne products..

i have been applying aloe vera gel directly from the plant for about 2days now..to see what happens..is just a suggestion and doesn't hurt to try....i will keep you updated on how it goes...

Hopefully i give some people hope because even though there are worst things going on in this world, nobody wants to walk around with a red face....

Hi, i am a 24yr old female.....my face is red on my cheeks and nose...but i don't feel a burning sensation....so i told my mother i think i might have rosacea..and she said that she thinks its because i have been using so many products that i might have a chemical burn.

I remember i once used baking soda back to back..and my face was beet red the whole day it looked like a sunburn...and i just kept trying product after product.i only had minor pimples and blackheads...so what i am trying to say is that maybe everybody on here who has facial redness it might not be rosacea..just a chemical burn from so many different acne products..

i have been applying aloe vera gel directly from the plant for about 2days now..to see what happens..is just a suggestion and doesn't hurt to try....i will keep you updated on how it goes...

Hopefully i give some people hope because even though there are worst things going on in this world, nobody wants to walk around with a red face....

yea its worth a shot.. what kind of products have you used before?...i have tried so many different products i can't even remember them all lol...but right now i am using burt's bee deep cleansing creme daily.and the deep pore scrub once a week...it seems to help since it has no harsh ingredients..and its all natural..

Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream that is all bark and no bite! Naturally cleansing Soap Bark and healing Aloe moisturize and soften skin while effectively removing makeup and dirt. Chamomile soothes and Echinacea reduces inflammation and tightens pores for naturally fresh, healthy skin.

Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

This natural, penetrating scrub uses finely ground Peach Stone to gently exfoliate, removing dead skin cells for a deep clean. Willowbark, a natural source of salicylic acid, removes oil and unclogs and cleans pores. Hawaiian Ginger and Seaweed extract increase circulation and replenish essential minerals. You'll get a deep pore clean for naturally soft, healthy, nourished skin.

if it does leave a bit of a residue on your skin..just use a wet cotton ball and gently wipe your face...

where is your face mainly red? and thanks for responding i am new to this board

Too many products and mixing of chemicals can definitely cause severe redness. I got a chemical peel back before Christmas and had a severe allergic reaction to it and ended up with burning, severe sensitivity and basically anything that touched my face hurt.

I used straight aloe Vera gel and washed with jojoba oil and only took cool showers to minimize my redness. Do not exfoliate until your skin recovers. I recommend using just natural products for awhile until your skin calms down. I've been there and done that. You have to wait it out.

Baking soda is a no-no for me as well as the Aspirin mask. Both burn my skin. You need to baby your skin and basically use as little product as possible for awhile. You skin will heal and then you can slowly start other products one at a time.

I have a friend on another skin board who can't use anything but natural paraben free chemical free products. she had a hard time for awhile but now she ha found new routine. Willow bark is one of the things she uses. It calms inflammation. She also only uses microfiber cloths on her face instead of abrasive washcloths.

I hope you get better soon. I got through these periods myself and find that the less I do to my face, the better.

It's sounds to me like chemical reaction rather than rosacea though you may have a very mild form of it. Basically you have what is called reactive skin. It's one reason why I can't use some topicals.

Thanks for replying...its funny you mention the cold showers..because i tried that yesterday and what a huge difference the rest of the day..i also thought i had rosacea, but my face doesn't feel hot or even sting....i might have a mild form like you said..

Yea only natural products are gentle on my skin... how long was your face red before you find the solution?......and what do you think about Emu oil?

once again thanks for your reply

I also think the cause of my facial redness, is all the chemicals I put on my face. Hopefully putting some aloe vera will calm it down, I will try.

I also think the cause of my facial redness, is all the chemicals I put on my face. Hopefully putting some aloe vera will calm it down, I will try.

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy. At the moment I am using Green Cream to help eliminate or at least clean out my pores. Before that I was applying a small amount of Paula's Choice BHA, but that seemed to make my skin look worse, so I stopped. Currently I am only washing with Dans Cleanser which actually cleans my skin, even though it leaves it dry, and in the evening I apply Green Cream. I have a weird reddish skin tone around my whole face except my eye area, which is very annoying, because my friends keep asking me if I went out in the sun with sunglasses. :doh: Funny thing is I don't really have much acne on my face anymore but now I am suffering with clogged pores, redness, scars, and these small weird bumps under my skin, it is really annoying. I can't even smile or take a bite out of an apple without my face reddening a bit.

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy. At the moment I am using Green Cream to help eliminate or at least clean out my pores. Before that I was applying a small amount of Paula's Choice BHA, but that seemed to make my skin look worse, so I stopped. Currently I am only washing with Dans Cleanser which actually cleans my skin, even though it leaves it dry, and in the evening I apply Green Cream. I have a weird reddish skin tone around my whole face except my eye area, which is very annoying, because my friends keep asking me if I went out in the sun with sunglasses. :doh: Funny thing is I don't really have much acne on my face anymore but now I am suffering with clogged pores, redness, scars, and these small weird bumps under my skin, it is really annoying. I can't even smile or take a bite out of an apple without my face reddening a bit.

When my face is dry it itches a little bit, but not a lot....what are eczema symptoms?

i don't really have a lot of pimples..i see you use baby oil as moisturizer? doesn't that clog your pores...i never tried it before, but it just seems way to greasy...have you had good results with it?

where is your face mainly red?...i think products with BP over the years has a lot to do with people's facial redness ,

Thanks for replying...its funny you mention the cold showers..because i tried that yesterday and what a huge difference the rest of the day..i also thought i had rosacea, but my face doesn't feel hot or even sting....i might have a mild form like you said..

Yea only natural products are gentle on my skin... how long was your face red before you find the solution?......and what do you think about Emu oil?

My face has been red off and on since December. The wrong chemicals turn me red right away. I basically broke down my skin barrier. When you do that you become sensitized to everything and are more prone to bacteria entering your skin and causing acne. I used natural oils on my face for cleansing. The Oil Cleansing method can be used even by oily skins. But alas the steam

can make you more red. So now I'm using LaRoche Posay Dermo Cleanser which is a wipe off cleanser for intolerant skin. The less water and less you do to your face the better. I can't even exfoliate with anything other than my hands. Sunscreen is incredibly important while you are healing, even in the colder months. It helps create a barrier for you skin and protect it from further damage.

Emu oil is good though I can't use it other than at night, too greasy for the day but it's a natural antibacterial/Antimicrobial and healing agent. I have some I keep around for when my skin is intolerant.

The important thing is not addressing any acne for now, just the irritation. I've discovered that I have sensitivities to BP and Salicylic acid. they make things worse. I suggest Willow Bark. It's a natural form of Aspirin and an anti-inflammatory. Another good product, though it's not natural, is Eucerin Redness Relief Anti-aging serum with Co-Q 10. It really helps the redness.

I gently wash, put on Boscia Willow Bark Breakout treatment, let it dry, then the anti-redness seruma and follow with a natural moisturizer. I use Kinerase cream now because it's mad for intolerant skin and since I can't use retinoids, it's the next best thing to calming and smoothing out the texture of your skin. It's very expensive, but worth it. Heck, I feel like I had to take out a loan to buy it. But it does heal.

I saw that someone mentioned Soap Bark and Chamomille Deep Cleansing Cream from Burt's Bees...Has anyone had any success with that???

I'm just looking for something to reduce redness/inflammation/irritation I believe that I have from seb derm...

thanks