Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mordrolas

Myth or Real?

I dont think so. I think using a shampoo that has comedogenic ingredients (sodium lauryl sulfate for example) is more likely what leads to pimples on the forehead

I think it depends on your hair products. I don't wear my hair down much, but when I do it sits on my face and usually irritates the skin. When I get home from work/church/shopping/etc... I immediately brush it back into a ponytail and wash my face.

I heard once that long hair promotes acne breakouts on your forehead because of it being oily. I have no clue if that is true or a myth, but I heard the same and I can say that usually when my hair was longer the acne was worse. Coincidence? Perhaps.

Yes, it does. Trust me, I know from multiple personal experiences. It has an effect.

If you have acne on your forehead, and you wear your hair down, against the skin, wear it up. It will help.

well im a guy with a long fringe and not for me. infact my forehead is the only part of my face thats clear. I dont put topicals on it.. just gets the shampoo my hair gets which is head and shoulders. Im skeptical about where or not it would work for the rest of my face..

I used to have thick, heavy bangs covering my forehead, to hide it while

I got it clear. So, in my case, it actually improved with bangs, 'cause I

could put more medication on and no one could see :D

Some hair still covers my face now, and it's fine.

I think it all depends on what products you use.

Up till 2nd grade of high school, I never had bangs, and I had acne on my forehead. But after 2nd grade of high school, I actually started getting into different hairstyles and what not, and turns out most trendy ones for guys include having bangs.

Well, whenever I let wax touch my skin, that broke me out for sure. Also, using a conditioner did that too. But right now, my bangs touch my forehead, and I have no acne there. I've been just using a good shampoo and conditioning minimally (maybe once every week) and always making sure I rinse for a very long time so that no foamy-water comes out of my hair.

It's usually all about making sure hair products don't touch your skin. It's also true that if you have very oily hair, it can increase acne formation, but I don't know 100% sure how easily that happens because I'm currently having no problems on my forehead.

When I have longer hair it itches irritates my skin. The only place I have inflammed acne is on my forehead because of the immense amount of sweat up there. But I look pretty darn stupid with a short haircut

I think that it's not just your hair but your products. Anything with wax in it makes my forehead breakout. So I avoid it. I find that washing my hair with sulfate free shampoos/Conditioners and using a natural organic hair gel seems to help. I do keep my hair tied back and off my forehead at night. I have bangs during the day. Bangs or no bangs, I was getting breakouts. I've have every imaginable hairstyle too, it didn't matter. It's not your hair, it's the products you use on them. I even went product free for awhile and that cleared me up despite my bangs. So I made the correlation between products and breakouts.

It's this simple. If you have relatively oily hair, if you wear your hair down, and if you have acne on your forehad... it's pretty clear what's causing it. Comb the hair to the side or just wear the hair up... just somehow get it off your forehead. Your skin will heal better.

I had to Google what 'bangs' were lol :shifty: (fringes for us Brits) I've always had long hair, I keep it clean and use minimal products. It has never contributed to my acne, my forehead is the clearest part of my face.

I wear bangs, and my forehead pretty much never breaks out. Maybe people with oily hair will have problems with bangs causing acne, but I even use hairspray, hair wax, pomade, gel (not all on the same day... lol) and I don't have any problems with it.