Notifications
Clear all

Dalacin T and BP (it rhymes!)

MemberMember
(@kinney)

Posted : 02/22/2004 2:13 pm

Hey,

I was just perscribed Dalacin T and because I don't want to stop using BP, since I think it helps a lot, I want to use both - should I use the BP first, then the Dalacin? Or the other way round? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@k3v)

Posted : 02/22/2004 2:56 pm

I use BP in the morning and Differin at night. I read somewhere that you should always apply BP in the morning, not sure why though!

MemberMember
(@missa-brevis)

Posted : 02/23/2004 10:53 pm

Dalacin should ONLY be applied to a clear face.

Do not apply BP and then apply Dalacin.

MemberMember
(@kinney)

Posted : 02/24/2004 1:31 pm

Thanks Missa Brevis - should I just use Dalacin from now on then and lose the BP until the Dalacin clears up my acne?

MemberMember
(@missa-brevis)

Posted : 02/24/2004 6:57 pm

The Dalacin is more than enough you'll need. Its about 5x more effective than BP.

MemberMember
(@noether)

Posted : 02/24/2004 7:20 pm

Dalacin is just clindamycin, right? I use Benzaclin, which is a 1% clindamycin/ 5% BP gel. In fact, the package insert with information about the prescription says that the combination is more effective than either clindamycin or benzoyl peroxide used alone. If they put 'em together in a prescription, then I don't see the problem with using them in tandem. Maybe you could put the Dalacin on first and then use BP. The only risk I can imagine would be increased irritation/ dryness from using both products. Maybe you could use BP just once a day to minimize irritation.

MemberMember
(@missa-brevis)

Posted : 02/24/2004 9:13 pm

I really don't see any ethical or logical reason to apply TWO medications to you're face, especially when the Dalacin is proven to eradicate the active acne, more effectively than BP.

BP is the weakest of active acne medication.

MemberMember
(@andres123)

Posted : 03/10/2013 9:48 pm

I really don't see any ethical or logical reason to apply TWO medications to you're face, especially when the Dalacin is proven to eradicate the active acne, more effectively than BP.

BP is the weakest of active acne medication.

...of course you dont see any ethical reason to apply both......has nothing to do with ethics...

dalacin may be more effective...however for many...bacteria ends up adapting to this antibiotic...and becomes less efective as time goes by

the adittion of bp to its meant to reduce this effect (while still helping fight acne bacteria)

anyway....i have been searching for answer to this question, some people have asked on other threads...but no asnwer....this is the only thread i found that's has at least some discussion...altho very old.

is anyone doing this???....combine dalacin-t and bp ?...one after the other?

i find clindoxyl (5%bp/1%clind) to harsh...and acanya gel (2.5%bp/1.2%clind) is not available where i live, thus i have been considering doing this...

thanks for any input/comments