Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whtx

finished course- should I CONTINUE on Accutane?

My older sister has battled bad acne since 13 and she's 27 and still has it. I'm 21 and had acne. Never cystic or nodular or anything too bad but mild & moderate whiteheads.

I took accutane 6 months a few years ago, was clear, never broke out and had no problem. Acne returned a few months after the treatment was up. Same mild & moderate whiteheads.

I've just finished another course of accutane for 6 months at 80mg. Everything is fine- just like my last treatment. I haven't had a pimple in a few months. I'm really sick and tired of acne. What should I do? Should I continue it for a few more months? Should I lower the dosage to 40mg or 20mg?

I'm scared that acne will come back so I really just want this to be my last accutane. Thanks!

My older sister has battled bad acne since 13 and she's 27 and still has it. I'm 21 and had acne. Never cystic or nodular or anything too bad but mild & moderate whiteheads.

I took accutane 6 months a few years ago, was clear, never broke out and had no problem. Acne returned a few months after the treatment was up. Same mild & moderate whiteheads.

I've just finished another course of accutane for 6 months at 80mg. Everything is fine- just like my last treatment. I haven't had a pimple in a few months. I'm really sick and tired of acne. What should I do? Should I continue it for a few more months? Should I lower the dosage to 40mg or 20mg?

I'm scared that acne will come back so I really just want this to be my last accutane. Thanks!

Keep in touch with your dermatologist and keep going.

I don't know... are you talking about acquiring Accutane on your own and using it without your dermatologist's knowledge? Because that is always a very bad idea.

I don't know... are you talking about acquiring Accutane on your own and using it without your dermatologist's knowledge? Because that is always a very bad idea.

No, I'm doing it with a dermatologist. However I have only had 2 bloodtests in the first 2 months of using accutane. Then the doctor said that since my blood tests were so perfectly normal, there was no need to get more testing. Is that a bad idea? Should I ask him to give me test?