Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rakbs

Which of these other symptomps do you have, besides acne?

Which of these symptoms do you have on a regular basis?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. asdf.

• Fatigue/Tiredness upon waking up
    • Paleness
    • Dry/itchy skin
    • Dandruff
    • Eyebrow thinning
    • Other hair loss
    • Constipation
    • Shortness of breath
    • Irritability/Mood swings
    • Anxiety
    • Depression
    • Dull smell and taste senses

I think we've reached a consensus by now that acne is really a symptom of a greater condition.

I'm starting to test out a new theory of mine, and I would like to see how many symptoms listed in the poll you have. Please vote!

And apparently, I have no idea how to make a poll. :eh:

I voted fatigue/tiredness upon waking up, dry/itchy skin, irritability and moodswings, depression (I will feel great for awhile and then I have episodes where I just crash and go into a deep depressed state again) and I definitely have an anxiety disorder

fatigue, tiredness after a wake up, but it lasts for a while then I get a shower and eat and I feel normal again

paleness, yeah that's why my lips stand out from my face so white and they very red XD

dry itchy skin, in my back and forehead it's incredibly itchy when I sweat.. I was thinking it could be the warm showers I take..

for the others.. mood swing, I couldn't tell, depression hmm I feel sometimes but not often.. which is related to studies, not acne

Dandruff - chose that because I used to have it till i switched to head and shoulders

Tiredness when waking up - my sleeping patterns are far from regular, and the amount I sleep is way less than is reccomended for my age. I am usually not good in the mornings, unless I have recently been getting lots of sleep, regularly, and wake up after one of my REM cycles.

The one problem i forsee with this poll is that a lot of people, acne or not, will probably respond to the tiredness in the morning. even if it got a 99% response, I dont know if you could attribute that as part of a problem similar to that which acne is a symptom of. if you were to poll people with clear skin all their life, I would guess youd get similar results.

Notice the prevalence of depression and fatigue.

To me it suggests a general hormonal disbalance and an impariment of the whole adrenal, thyroid, serotonin, endorphines, insulin, glucagon, cortisol, adrenalin system. :confused:

I'm more and more convinced that there's a whole global metabolic impairment in people suffering with severe acne.

The body ability to metabolize sugars is impaired, the body ability to metabolize fats is impaired, the body ability to renew its tissues properly is impaired, the body ability to cope with stress is impaired, the body ability to follow circadian rhythms is impaired, the ability to maintain steady energy is impaired, the body ability to prevent hormonal surges is impaired.

i have dandruff, shortness of breath and depression/anxiety

the shortness of breath is worrying me a little, i went for a leisurely walk with a friend the other day and i was struggling

Can I ask what you are basing the symptoms list off of?

It might be helpful to put other symptoms associated with acne up there, such as hirsutism (male pattern hair growth, weight gain, irregular menstrual cycle) as well as thin hair, oily scalp, peeling cuticles, cold hands & feet, etc.

I also experienced the top 5 ailments. And also very cold hands and feet. Oh and brain fog.

Its definitely all connected and has to do with hormones being out of balance. And I think the high-carb-diets of nowadays are a major contributor too that.

I also experienced the top 5 ailments. And also very cold hands and feet. Oh and brain fog.

Its definitely all connected and has to do with hormones being out of balance. And I think the high-carb-diets of nowadays are a major contributor too that.