Notifications
Clear all

For those living in Vancouver, BC, Canada

MemberMember
(@pi_gua)

Posted : 02/24/2008 7:20 pm

Has anyone been to the "Beauti-Med Laser Skin Center" in Port Coquitlam? It's run by Dr. John Curry. I've been thinking for the past 2 years if I should get fraxel done there but I am scared to s#it.

After reading most of the reviews on fraxel, they seem to be negative. I have asian skin btw.

So if anyone had any treatments done there, let me know. This whole thing is keeping me awake at night.

TTT

MemberMember
(@pi_gua)

Posted : 02/24/2008 7:27 pm

TTT

MemberMember
(@pi_gua)

Posted : 02/24/2008 8:12 pm

Yeah thats what I thought

MemberMember
(@pi_gua)

Posted : 02/25/2008 12:27 am

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@pi_gua)

Posted : 02/25/2008 1:51 am

thanks for the input a$$holes

nothing but a bunch of ignorant and selfish people in this forum

MemberMember
(@epuni)

Posted : 02/25/2008 1:57 am

It depends on what type of scarring you have. I've had 4 treatments of needling and they have improved the look of my scars quite a bit. My scars are not the normal acne type scars but if you want to take a look at before and after pics of needling from the lady I had needing done from, check out www.biotouchcanada.com.

The results on the asian girl, who is also a member on this board, are amazing and that is what prompted me to go to see Lisa Lam. She is super nice, highly skilled with over 20 years experience and she is a perfectionist. She won't rip you off like those money hungry laser doctors either. Her office is very clean and quiet and both her and assistant are great and make you feel really comfortable.

I did have a couple of fraxel laser treatments done by a doctor here in Vancouver but I felt he was very dishonest, only cared about getting paid and didn't really care about actually helping me improve my scars. Thankfully, due to this site, I read up on the needling threads and found Lisa. So thank you to all out there that contribute their knowledge and experiences.

I know you wanted information on fraxel doctors but I suggest you read up on the needling threads here as well. If you don't have a lot of money like me, you can't go wrong with needling. The cost is 1/4-1/3 the price of fraxel and in my opinion, probably much more effective.

Hope that's helped a little...

MemberMember
(@pi_gua)

Posted : 02/25/2008 4:27 am

why do i have a feeling that you are spamming? no offence or anything.

but i will check out that site and i do thank you for the input.

MemberMember
(@epuni)

Posted : 02/25/2008 1:47 pm

My last of the 4 treatments with Lisa was January 9th. I was planning to do a write up on my improvement 4-6 months down the road to let others know about my results and experience with needling but since I read your thread, I decided to reply.

I have been lurking for over a year now and after my bad experience with the fraxel doctor, I started to research a different option. Thankfully, like I said, I found the needling thread in which `PetLover` posted her experience along with her before and after pics with Lisa. You can do a search on that and you will see for yourself.

That's fine if you think I'm spamming but I am truly not. I just want others to know about the needling option before they jump on the fraxel bandwagon like I did. I wasted money I don't have, on fraxel.

Also, when I did my research on needling, I googled to find anyone who performs skin needling in Vancouver and the only person I found was Lisa. I actually wanted to find someone closer to home as Lisa's office is an hour drive for me but there was nobody I could find. I could've tried calling tattoo artists around my area but I wanted someone with experience and I'm glad I drove the distance to see Lisa. That is all I'm saying.

MemberMember
(@pi_gua)

Posted : 02/25/2008 7:57 pm

After checking out that site, I am heavily considering going there for a consultation. Now needling is another option that I'll think about.

Again, I'm sorry for accusing you of spamming.

What is the downtime of needling?

MemberMember
(@anna)

Posted : 02/25/2008 8:27 pm

pi_qua

Mind your manners! Coming to this forum and accusing folks of spamming and getting nasty just because nobody has been to your specific clinic and therefore has no input is no way to make friends. You owe everybody here an apology.

Anna

MemberMember
(@pi_gua)

Posted : 02/25/2008 11:36 pm

Already did

MemberMember
(@epuni)

Posted : 02/26/2008 12:31 am

Thanks Anna and it's ok piqua. I was a little offended but it's forgotten.

Anyway, here's a link to petlover's thread...you can find some information on what to expect during and after the needling treatment and also what to do for aftercare.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...amp;hl=petlover

And here's a link to the big needling thread. You should really read through all 68 pages if you're seriously thinking about getting needled. You can find all your answers to any questions you may have there.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Skin-Need...asion-t354.html

I had my treatments done 6 weeks apart from each other. You don't need to make a separate consultation appointment. I went in the first time for my consultation and got treatment done the same day.

MemberMember
(@urtoxic)

Posted : 02/26/2008 6:01 am

wow ! attitude!

congratulations! ur scars will never go away since u got this crazy attitude!

MemberMember
(@melanietee)

Posted : 02/29/2008 4:24 am

Shes not spamming. I have been to Lisa as well at bio touch Canada and gotten needling done. Shes great.

Lose the attitude by the way!

MemberMember
(@traveller)

Posted : 03/06/2008 10:21 pm

just saw lisa lam for dry needling 7 days ago, still waiting fot results, its a bit early to say...

MemberMember
(@petlover)

Posted : 03/06/2008 11:59 pm

Wow, it's so nice to see other people in my vicinity and that you guys are getting good improvement like I did. Needling is amazing for such a low tech, low risk treatment, and so affordable too. I think we are so lucky to have someone like Lisa.

- Christy

just saw lisa lam for dry needling 7 days ago, still waiting fot results, its a bit early to say...
MemberMember
(@revolutionnow)

Posted : 03/07/2008 12:39 am

why dont you try arbutus laser in vancouver. they will probably give you the best deal. ive been checking out prices around vancouver for fraxel...they seem to have the most reasonable price and have been around for awhile.

MemberMember
(@traveller)

Posted : 03/07/2008 4:17 am

Wow, it's so nice to see other people in my vicinity and that you guys are getting good improvement like I did. Needling is amazing for such a low tech, low risk treatment, and so affordable too. I think we are so lucky to have someone like Lisa.

- Christy

Traveller, I answered your post from your other thread. Basically, your needled area may look deeper at first due to the discoloration. It's just an illusion, though.

MemberMember
(@petlover)

Posted : 03/07/2008 12:44 pm

Traveller -

What you describe is perfectly normal! I freaked the first time I got needled. I was a bloody mess, and scared that I did it. Of course, that was from never experiencing such a thing before. It looks far worse than it actually is. Right now, your body is working to heal your injured sites. Your skin may feel a little different during this time. During the first 5 days, my skin felt tighter.

The scabs we talk about are quite thin, actually. They are like reddish or brownish flakes. Your epidermis wasn't removed - just injured, along with your dermis, which is necessary for revision.

During this time, be assured that it's all good. Cleanse your face carefully and briefly once a day. Don't put anything greasy on your scabbing areas. Just moisturize or use beta oat glucan gel. Let your body do it's thing. If you are young, in just a few weeks, you can start seeing needling results.

Keep us posted!

- Christy

MemberMember
(@pi_gua)

Posted : 03/10/2008 11:08 pm

so does needling help with redmarks or post-inflammatory pigmentation as well?

MemberMember
(@petlover)

Posted : 03/11/2008 1:13 pm

so does needling help with redmarks or post-inflammatory pigmentation as well?
MemberMember
(@traveller)

Posted : 03/13/2008 6:26 am

im not so sure yet, its been 2 weeks and my skin is still pinkinsh, the lady needled one part that was just red like a blemish, it seems to help a little, still im not even sure, looks like its really close to its previous state, nothing really noticeable. i just purchased vitak from london drugs today for red marks from acne, ive read good reviews on this forum, i can let you know if it works.

MemberMember
(@christpunchers)

Posted : 03/16/2008 1:45 am

It depends on what type of scarring you have. I've had 4 treatments of needling and they have improved the look of my scars quite a bit. My scars are not the normal acne type scars but if you want to take a look at before and after pics of needling from the lady I had needing done from, check out www.biotouchcanada.com.

The results on the asian girl, who is also a member on this board, are amazing and that is what prompted me to go to see Lisa Lam. She is super nice, highly skilled with over 20 years experience and she is a perfectionist. She won't rip you off like those money hungry laser doctors either. Her office is very clean and quiet and both her and assistant are great and make you feel really comfortable.

I did have a couple of fraxel laser treatments done by a doctor here in Vancouver but I felt he was very dishonest, only cared about getting paid and didn't really care about actually helping me improve my scars. Thankfully, due to this site, I read up on the needling threads and found Lisa. So thank you to all out there that contribute their knowledge and experiences.

I know you wanted information on fraxel doctors but I suggest you read up on the needling threads here as well. If you don't have a lot of money like me, you can't go wrong with needling. The cost is 1/4-1/3 the price of fraxel and in my opinion, probably much more effective.

Hope that's helped a little...

MemberMember
(@endepqua)

Posted : 03/08/2009 10:19 pm

Haven't met Dr. John Curry, but in Vancouver there's a clinic that may be able to help: Elan Beauty [removed]. They're on West Broadway.

MemberMember
(@vangirl)

Posted : 03/09/2009 5:53 pm

I just had my 3rd profractional treatmet at Beauti-Med with Dr. Curry today! So far, so good. The Dr. and the staff are very nice and seem to genuinely care. I have also gone to Arbutus Laser Centre, under Dr. Boey. He is also very nice and cares. He even gave me a couple of free blue light treatments for my acne when he saw no improvement. He felt sorry for me. I would recommend both places. Good luck.