Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coli25

electric razor

I'm finally taking the advicec of alot of people on and off the boards, and Im going to purchase an electric razor. Mostly because EVERYTIME I shave its breakout central no matter how I shave. My question is what is the bestelectric razor for people with sensative skin and acne. I know some razors emmit a lotion could that be bad for my skin. Please suggest the BEST razor for someone with bad complection regardless of price. For some backround info my face is oily, sensative, and i get breakouts all along the shaving zones. Thanks guys please respond

you sound like me... read up on the new Braun Flex supposed to be the bomb!

I like the sound of the Philishave as well though!

i have a norelco something... my dad bought it for me.... i think the electric razor leaves your skin like baby soft... and none off those grey marks... O:)

I just got a standard Norelco, and I think it helped wonders. The normal hand razor just digs too deep, especially if you go over the same area multiple times.

Ya, I am also interested in buying an electric razor. Any recommended brands or adive on what to stay away from?

Never used an electric razor in my life. Never will. Ellectric must always be worse for your skin. Try Gillete Mach 3 turbo..wworks great. No shaving cream needed. Do it in the shower..Took me 30 years to figure that out!

Always worse? Well if that were true norelco/phillips/braun wouldn't sell many, if any. It depends on the person and skin type really. There is an electric razor forum online where if you would ask which is better electric or manual people would have the exact opposite of your opinion nitemare.

I should try a mach turbo 3 or the shick Dan uses just for comparison, but I sure as heck won't touch a disposable again. I'm quite happy with my norelco reflex action.

Never used an electric razor in my life. Never will. Ellectric must always be worse for your skin. Try Gillete Mach 3 turbo..wworks great. No shaving cream needed. Do it in the shower..Took me 30 years to figure that out!

I have the Norleco Spectra it was a little over $100 something like $110-$120. It works great though and has settings to adjust the pressure of the where the blades are held, I leave it on sensitive, but it will take a month or so for your skin to adjust to it.

Ah, finally a question that I can answer!

I use an electric myself, bud, and I wholeheartedly recommend the Norelco Quadra Action. The three rotating blades have both slotted and non slotted spaces to cut long and short hair off of your face, without irritation. Before I use it every day, I apply some Mennen pre-electric shave lotion, and let it sit for about 2 minutes. Then I use the electric to shave. It takes me about 5 minutes, and it's much preferable to an electric.

I can't use a manual either. I always nick myself.

Hope this helps you.

If you don't want the Quadra action, btw, other Norelco razors are just as good.

I use the Norelco Advantage....I love it...It's a fully waterproof electric that can also be rinsed clean...I shave with it in the shower, and it dispenses the Nivea shave lotion...the lotion makes your skin soft and smooth (wont cause acne), and really helps the razor glide over your face..I bought it at Best Buy around Christmas for like 80....

i have a question...will electric shavers like leave stub, and that 5 oclock shadow...?  [-(

No to the shadow. As to the stubs.... lots of people say that an electric isn't as close as a manual but there is another whole crowd that say the opposite. It depends on the shaver, the ones with screens (or holes instead of slots in the 3 circle type) are likely to give you a closer shave because there is less of a distance between the skin and blade. But, of course, at the cost of possibly higher irritation.

To me, as long as a shaver can remove a 5 oclock shadow I don't need it to go any closer then that.