Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Googenheinz

TCA Cross

I understand there is TCA peel and TCA cross available to improve scarring. I am thinking about dong TCA cross since ive read that there are better results from cross. Im having a difficult time finding a practitioner that knows how to apply TCA so I was wondering if it is recommended to do TCA cross yourself. Is it safe? If anyone has done it themselves already, please let me know. thanks

Yes you can do TCA Cross yourself, However please read up on all the threads and posts on this site before you even consider doing this yourself. Personally its not that difficult to do, as long as you know what you are doing, Ive had some good results using this method, then following up with ACV.

I preformed a self-Cross treatment on 1/27/08 using 100% TCA solution. The procedure is simple but heed the caution of others. It is a strong acid. So far I have been very pleased with the results I have gotten with the TCA Cross Treatment and a couple of TCA peels. I am anxious to see future results with additonal treatments. Do your research before undertaking and everything will be fine. Good luck!

Absolutely do not even consider doing a TCA CROSS yourself if you do not have good, steady hands, excellent fine motor control, ability to follow directions to the LETTER, and a safe place (away from pets/people) to perform the CROSS. Unimaginable scars could result.

Consider that the acid is only applied in 1mm to perhaps max 3mm dots on the skin (at least for me that is how I did it) and then consider that the surrounding erythema (redness) developed to a three to four inch circumference AROUND the entire spot of acid application...then consider what a mistake could cause.

Thats interesting Wynne, I had a bit of redness but not a 4 inch circumference around the scar, mine just scabbed and fell off, but i guess everyone is different, and a lot would depend on where you buy from, how pure it is etc.

However its definately better to be aware of what can go wrong, and if you stuff up with TCA Cross you can do more harm than good.

:) I figured my redness was par for the course. And my skin is generally resistant to all sorts of things (someone here nicknamed me Skin of Steel in PMs). I believe the TCA I had was of excellent quality, judging by the surrounding erythema I experienced and the scabbing that happened within 2-3 days.

Did you have any erythema?

I had ok results with the Cross method, but for me the real improvement came from using ACV TCA cross style, In just 2 weeks my scars deminished incredibly, Im unsure why, maybe it just speeded up thehealing process, I started the ACV around 5 weeks post the last cross.

I had ok results with the Cross method, but for me the real improvement came from using ACV TCA cross style, In just 2 weeks my scars deminished incredibly, Im unsure why, maybe it just speeded up thehealing process, I started the ACV around 5 weeks post the last cross.

I want to do TCA Cross myself because from what i read from all the threads that this is more effective and can actually make the scar disappear. However, i am really scared and don't really know where to get TCA. Going to a dermatologist and having it done there is very very expensive so this is really the best option for me. I have one question though, is TCA Cross recommended even if i still have acne?