Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pootato

water and acne?

my forehead/temple are clear all the time but I always get painful cysts on my cheeks, especially the lower parts of my cheeks. I don't know why :( am I getting acne in these specific areas because of my diet or because I don't drink enough water everyday? or is it hormonal?

Behold the power that is your will. You can utilize your will to sufficiently hydrate yourself through the consumption of clean water. You can also utilize your will to sufficiently invigorate your body through the consumption of only healthful sustinence. Thus, by the power that is your own free will, you have the means by which to determine whether the aforementioned factors contribute to your painful dermatological state.

Ahh not always so simple. My own free will has been hijacked by the sugar-monsters that live inside my head. They battle my conscience day after day, but alas they are too strong and reign triumphant.

Anyone got any chocolate? :shifty:

I seriously doubt not drinking enough water is the reason you are getting cysts. Drinking 2-3L of water a day will only help you, though, and might help heal up the cysts.

If you are getting cysts on your chin/jaw area, I don't know much about cysts, but in my experience much/all of jawline, regular acne can be healed by diet changes.

my forehead/temple are clear all the time but I always get painful cysts on my cheeks, especially the lower parts of my cheeks. I don't know why :( am I getting acne in these specific areas because of my diet or because I don't drink enough water everyday? or is it hormonal?

Its probably hormonal. Do you get a lot of acne on your chin and along your jawline? Thats where most of my acne is and my forehead is also clear like yours