Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Canadiangirl

Trick to heal a hole

I get one or two big whiteheads a month and last month, I stopped squeezing them because I am afraid one day I could have a scar. So, I uses SA for a while to help them dry up. Anyway, I had one of my big whitehead for one day and I woke up in the next morning and where my whitehead was there was now a big hole, it had been thorn out during the nigth. I was freaking out bad. I rushed to a walk-in clinic near by. The indian doctor over there told me to go buy capsules of liquid vitamine E and aloes rigth away. To squeeze the gel out of the Vitamine E, put it in the big hole 3 time a day and put aloes for the nigth on it all of this for five days.

The hole filled up and there is nothing now where that big hole was.

From cosmeticscop.com:

"vitamin E. Considered an antioxidant superstar. Vitamin E is a lipid-soluble vitamin (meaning it likes fat better than water) that has eight different forms, of which some are known for being excellent antioxidants when applied topically to skin, particularly alpha tocopherol and the tocotrienols (Sources: Current Problems in Dermatology, 2001, volume 29, pages 26–42; Free Radical Biology and Medicine, May 1997, pages 761–769; Journal of Nutrition, February 2001, pages 369S–373S; and International Journal of Radiation Biology, June 1999, pages 747–755). However, other studies have indicated the acetate form (tocopherol acetate) is also bioavailable and protective for skin (Source: Journal of Cosmetic Science, January-February 2001, pages 35–50). And still other research points to tocopherol sorbate as providing significant antioxidant protection against ultraviolet radiation–induced oxidative damage (Source: Journal of Investigative Dermatology, April 1995, pages 484–488). Pointing to the significance of vitamin E for skin is an article in the Journal of Molecular Medicine (January 1995, pages 7–17), which states: “More than other tissues, the skin is exposed to numerous environmental chemical and physical agents such as ultraviolet light causing oxidative stress [free-radical damage]. In the skin this results in several short- and long-term adverse effects such as erythema [redness], edema [swelling], skin thickening, wrinkling, and an increased incidence of skin cancer…. Vitamin E is the major naturally occurring lipid-soluble … antioxidant protecting skin from the adverse effects of oxidative stress including photoaging [sun damage]. Many studies document that vitamin E occupies a central position as a highly efficient antioxidant, thereby providing possibilities to decrease the frequency and severity of pathological events in the skin.� "