Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tman378

My successful self-treatment -- with before/after pics

Hi folks,

I've just answered a private message from another member about the regimen I used to cure my own acne. I can honestly say that I now have clearer skin than I've ever had in my entire adolescent and adult life. So I want to share this with everyone, in case it will be of some help to some of you. I'm too lazy to retype everything, so I'm just going to attach the email I wrote in response to the PM I received, ok? Wish you guys the best of luck! :)

from the topic "i guess i have a pretty cool story w pics"

hey. you responded to a sad guy, 220, and talked about the oxy regimen.

you said to use a face scrub instead of the soap bar and to rinse off the chill factor rather than wipe it off which differs slightly from bfg's specifics on the reg.

i would just like to know if this is more or equally effective to bfg's method and why one should use the more expensive face scrub

any feedback would greatly help, thanks

Hi folks,

I've just answered a private message from another member about the regimen I used to cure my own acne. I can honestly say that I now have clearer skin than I've ever had in my entire adolescent and adult life. So I want to share this with everyone, in case it will be of some help to some of you. I'm too lazy to retype everything, so I'm just going to attach the email I wrote in response to the PM I received, ok? Wish you guys the best of luck! :)

from the topic "i guess i have a pretty cool story w pics"

hey. you responded to a sad guy, 220, and talked about the oxy regimen.

you said to use a face scrub instead of the soap bar and to rinse off the chill factor rather than wipe it off which differs slightly from bfg's specifics on the reg.

i would just like to know if this is more or equally effective to bfg's method and why one should use the more expensive face scrub

any feedback would greatly help, thanks

You've really done your homework...good job!!!

I'm not taking all the same supplements, but some of which you listed. I think I'll have to add the fish oil. My acne is hormonal as well. Using the SA and BP then the AHA sounds harsh to the skin. Isn't it really drying? Or do you just have super oily skin. I do like the sound of the AHA. I thought about using a product like that but decided to use Nucelle Mandelic Acid Serum 10%. Hopefully it'll come in the mail soon but until then I'm just relying on ACV as my AHA. I think ACV is like Malic Acid.

Wow! Congrats dude on finding something that works for you! Unfortunately, I believe that the reason there are people on this board all the time is because what works for one person almost certainly work for another. We are all different, and we all just have to keep using different things until we clear up. Congrats on finding your acne-killing regimen!

Youre lucky that St Ives Apricot Scrub works for you. I hated that stuff! I believe it is the reason I have blackheads all over my nose. It put scratches on my face and made my acne worse. Are you sure your acne didnt improve because you are now older? A lot of people outgrow acne when they turn thirty

Congratulations. But I'm sure it's the internal treatment that's really doing it. I take most of those supplements, some before the diet changes and some I started after. But the real improvement occurred when I changed my diet.

It would do everyone a world of good to cut back the sugar and other refined carbs and processed foods and replace with real food. Acne or not. Your body can't function on such crap food and it will cause problems, one way or another: diabetes, cardiovascular disease, liver disease, aging, hormone imbalances, etc.

That much AHA and BHA can be to harsh for a lot of people. But cutting out sugar can only do good.

Congratulations. But I'm sure it's the internal treatment that's really doing it. I take most of those supplements, some before the diet changes and some I started after. But the real improvement occurred when I changed my diet.

It would do everyone a world of good to cut back the sugar and other refined carbs and processed foods and replace with real food. Acne or not. Your body can't function on such crap food and it will cause problems, one way or another: diabetes, cardiovascular disease, liver disease, aging, hormone imbalances, etc.

That much AHA and BHA can be to harsh for a lot of people. But cutting out sugar can only do good.

Thanks, my friend. But I don't think you can ever be sure that it's one single thing that causes everyone's acne.

Tman 378, thanx for all your posts. I was curious if you thought that maybe there's a food intolerance/sensitivity as well that you haven't investigated. I ask because you cut out all that sugar and noticed a huge difference, but is it possible there's something else there? I ask because it's something as well I'm looking into after cutting out all junk food/sugar. THANX :cool:

If anyone has body acne try using the St. Ives Apricot Face Wash (Blemish control formula with 2% Salicylic acid) pair it up with a bath pouf and it works great It lathers quite well and cleans out nicely well!!Great for treatment for body acne!

I know there isn't one single cause. There wasn't even one single cause for my own acne. And I do still use SA on occasion. My only point is that the most good will come from eating nutrients and less crap. It's the only way your body can ever function properly.

And even then, you need to avoid whatever you have an intolerance for even if it is a healthy food, such as the dairy and grains/gluten so many people have problems with.

Hey, i wanna try this regimen but before i do, i got a question to ask, can u use glycolic acid (ur aha lotion) with mandelic acid? (one in the am/one @ night) thx

Hey, i wanna try this regimen but before i do, i got a question to ask, can u use glycolic acid (ur aha lotion) with mandelic acid? (one in the am/one @ night) thx

Alternativista,

This might be a dumb question, but what is OP's diet? I'm interested to learn more about it. :)

Your diet. OP = Original poster.

I think what you said, "My ultimate goal is to return my body to its optimal state whereby it can combat any ailments, including acne, via its own immunal resources." is really on. I believe the healing power of the human body is virtually umlimited, it's just a matter of tapping into it.

Was also curious Tman378, have you noticed exercise is important to your skin as well as water intake? Sleep? Stress?

THANX! :cool:

100 mg of Zinc plus a Multi-vitamin?? That's wayyy above the Levels of Upper Intake for the Vitamin, aka it's pretty bad for you.

Detox diets are worthless, especially if they are only 1 week.

As far as your diet goes... What foods did you cut out? I know you said you cut out dairy and a lot of sugar, but its hard for me to do these types of things being a College student.

What kind of meats, breads, things in general are good to eat? I'm trying to work on my diet a bit but it's hard when you eat at a caf. Thanks for any incite.