Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys,

I have been reading alot about taking vitamin b5 and am quite excited about giving it a go.However when i told my girlfriend about the dosage(20 capsules a day) she freaked and got really worried for me, same goes for my parents who say that that much of anything cant be good for you.

Part of my agrees with them and i am so frustrated that there could be something out their that could actually work but i dont have the balls to go ahead with it.

Lets say that i go on it for the 3 months at around 8-10grams per day and it works......now i want to start reducing the dosage to find the ideal level that my body needs to stay clear, is there any major side effects or long term damage which can be done by taking that ideal level for the rest of my life or until i grow out of acne(say 5 years).

I quess what i mean is, can b5 be taken for long periods of time of even permanently at the minimum level required safely

I have red all the info but am still a bit fuzzy on this.

Also, how many capsules come in a normal bottle, i just feel like i would get looks if i asked for 600 capsules for 1 month.ya know.

I think you'd be okay as long as you supplemented on Biotin and a B-complex. The B5 causes you to be defficient in these, and this is when damage can happen.

I don't know how much Biotin and B-complex amounts you are meant to take though? Can someone help out?

I like your The Office quote in the signature by the way q-:

Don't be a pussy and just go for it, there's thousands of people like me who are on 10g daily dosage.

Its not done me any damage and the results that i've had i don't really worry

ahh man thats a shitty company i wouldnt trust them. when u get the b5 take the 3 days easy 5g's, and see how it works. but i would recommend vitamin world, GNC, or vitamin shoppe. also get a lot of moustieriser, Eucerine is good.

Don't be a pussy and just go for it, there's thousands of people like me who are on 10g daily dosage.

Its not done me any damage and the results that i've had i don't really worry