Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bob12

Yet ANOTHER tane log. Near the end.

Ok, well first off my name is Bob and I'm 15. I've had acne for a long time (since about age eleven) but before I recently discovered this site I found it rather taboo to discuss acne and the like. I've taken quite a few whacks at getting rid of it before, but after failing with about 5 different treatments I have decided to go with tane.

My acne is moderate/severe, (I'll take weekly update photos) and I really have done my best to ignore it...which is quite a shame. I've shied away from cameras, feared mirrors and turned down many social events simply because of my acne, and I want to get rid of it once and for all.

Hopefully I can make my tane log interesting by adding a little bit of story to each update, and telling a little more about myself each time.

So thanks for stopping by and feel free to comment if you wish.

P.S. A special thanks goes out to the following people for inspiring me with their blogs:

BlackTaxid (AKA SpeakEasy3d), RcRanger09,Brentkid, and Sid! Thank you guys, you've inspired me with your results.

Day one:

Taken my first two pills, no side effects of course. Today I think I really look like ass, so I can't imagine what the initial breakout is going to look like.

Wish me the best!

Warning: Disturbing photos of my acne.

post-70460-1205392413_thumb.jpg

post-70460-1205392436_thumb.jpg

post-70460-1205392448_thumb.jpg

post-70460-1205392413_thumb.jpg

post-70460-1205392436_thumb.jpg

post-70460-1205392448_thumb.jpg

Day Two

No side effects so far...but I'm pretty pissed off that i'm not clear yet... :dance:

Just kidding, I know it takes months...I'm still very optimistic.

Day Two

No side effects so far...but I'm pretty pissed off that i'm not clear yet... :dance:

Just kidding, I know it takes months...I'm still very optimistic.

heyhey!

good luck with your course, im about week 5 and i havnet had a new pimple in 2 weeks maybe? (touch wood)

hope its goes well!!!!

Day Three

I know this is just the calm before the storm, but my face is looking a lot better (other than one massive whitehead.) Also my chest (which I didn't take pictures of because it has over 50+ actives and is truly the most frightening thing I've ever seen.) Looks a lot better, it seems overnight that a few of the actives shrunk quite a bit, and that a few dormant ones have come to a head.

Speaking of heads, the back of my head hurts. No, I don't have a headache but I do have 5 dormant pustules (I think pustules) that are starting to come to a head after months of being dormant. I will be really glad when those are gone so I can sleep comfortably. If I ever hit one of those dormant ones on something it hurts excruciatingly. Imagine if you hit one of your spots with something, but on the other end of the acne spot wasn't skin, it was skull. Ouch.

So far my side effects have been extremely minimal. I've had a very VERY mild headache that was easy to ignore, and not even worth getting up to take something to get rid of it.

Also my metabolism seems to be changing, I haven't eaten much in the past day or two and I don't feel hungry one bit.

Rah-Rah Roo, kick em in the knee. Rah-Rah Rass, kick em in the other knee.

Ha-ha...something the manager at a KFC I used to work at told me...I don't know why I just thought of it.

Anyways, photos coming up in 4 days, hopefully the mega-zit will be gone by then.

Thanks for reading.

Day Four

Today I had my first day of school since starting 'Tane. I was expecting to be extremely tired after school as most of the blogs I've read mention lethargy after starting tane, but I wasn't tired one bit. :dance:

I have noticed that the oil on my face seems to be gone-ish and now my skin is actually a little dry around the bridge of my nose. Luckily I've got some Eucerin calming creme to apply to that. I guess I owe this forum a bit for helping me prepare myself for the side-effects. (Which so far have just been a bit of dry skin.)

Another thing I've noticed is a really strange change in my metabolism. Today I skipped breakfast and lunch, and at about 7 PM I realized I was a little bit hungry so I had one sandwich...I normally eat a lot so this is kind of weird!

Not much to report today...although the school did have a play which I watched again for the 3rd time. It's pretty good and I really enjoy the musical score.

Well, thats about it. Pictures in 3 days.

Hey man, hang in there. Wishing you the best.

You just have to stay positive through this all. It's something you have to invest in for the long run.

Thanks for the words, both of you.

Day Five

Today I skipped school, but not on purpose. I woke up at 4 P.M.. I COULD blame the 'tane or I could just chalk it up to my being lazy sometimes.

I've noticed a bit more dryness, looks like I should apply the Eucerin more often. No problem.

Also I looked in the mirror today, and I noticed that my "herpes" have calmed down a bit, that's really great because they've been there for quite a while.

When I took a shower this afternoon, I noticed one of the monsters on my chest were scabbed over and almost level with the rest of my body, it is a really nice feeling to see improvement after months of nothing.

So far, I am really glad to be on 'tane. I know there will most likely be a IB but even if this is just a glance at what I'll look like in the future, I'm really actually looking forward to it!

Thanks for reading everyone.

Day Six

Almost a week already? Hmm...

If I told you I weren't experiencing any side effects I would be a liar. If I told you the side effects were totally manageable, I would be telling the truth.

Today I snapped at a friend for something she didn't do and really had no control over. I had just gotten tired of how fake people are, for example...This girl walked into the room and she was a cheerleader, another cheerleader in that class greeted her happily and spent the next 10 minutes talking to her, the moment the cheerleader that had entered a moment ago left, the other cheerleader just announced to the entire class "I hate her.". It just kind of pissed me off and I was ranting less than silently myself and a few people heard it...anyways...

The acne seems to be doing OK, no huge cysts or anything have sprung up. Although I do feel a big ol' heifer coming up right in between my eyebrows, jackpot! That's the money shot! You know, its the place where you get a zit and then everyone who tries to talk to you silently averts their gaze as to not be drawn into its evil depths. Haha

Pictures tomorrow, hopefully there will be some visible improvement but I am always prepared just in case there is none. Thanks for reading.

Day Six

Almost a week already? Hmm...

If I told you I weren't experiencing any side effects I would be a liar. If I told you the side effects were totally manageable, I would be telling the truth.

Today I snapped at a friend for something she didn't do and really had no control over. I had just gotten tired of how fake people are, for example...This girl walked into the room and she was a cheerleader, another cheerleader in that class greeted her happily and spent the next 10 minutes talking to her, the moment the cheerleader that had entered a moment ago left, the other cheerleader just announced to the entire class "I hate her.". It just kind of pissed me off and I was ranting less than silently myself and a few people heard it...anyways...

The acne seems to be doing OK, no huge cysts or anything have sprung up. Although I do feel a big ol' heifer coming up right in between my eyebrows, jackpot! That's the money shot! You know, its the place where you get a zit and then everyone who tries to talk to you silently averts their gaze as to not be drawn into its evil depths. Haha

Pictures tomorrow, hopefully there will be some visible improvement but I am always prepared just in case there is none. Thanks for reading.

hahaha i hate fakeness too.. good luck with 'Tane!

I'll check on your blog often to see how it goes ;)

Day Seven

Took some photos, I'll put them at the bottom of the post.

Today I skipped school again, I just slept right through my alarm and woke up too late to get to school. I'm pretty sure the 'tane has something to do with it. Either that or the fact that I haven't had a Monster energy drink since I started the 'tane. (I wanted to keep my liver somewhat safe)

But after today, I can tell I'm going to have to start drinking them again. I need to go to school simply so I can pass my Geometry class, I hate math, but I'll have to pass it because I've never failed a class in my life.

The side effects are the same, a bit of dry skin, a bit of dry eyes and of course being quite tired. I've say the side effects are a 2 out of 10, and I can definitely work through it. Hopefully the next week will bring good results, and not an IB.

Pictures:

Left Side: post-70460-1205392528_thumb.jpg

Right Side: post-70460-1205392566_thumb.jpg

Frontal: post-70460-1205392599_thumb.jpg

post-70460-1205392528_thumb.jpg

post-70460-1205392566_thumb.jpg

post-70460-1205392599_thumb.jpg

I'm doing 80/40 alternating and I weight about 160. (Although the camera angle of the frontal makes me look...chunky)

Yes, exactly that RC. (Thanks for stopping by)

Although, next month I'll probably ask the doctor for 80 straight through.

Day eight

Today was pretty decent, although I feel like I could write a book about everything going on in my life. Today I drank some Monster energy drinks ( :drool: ). I know they aren't good for you, but it's either have a Monster or spend the day in bed so I chose the monster.

Today I apologized for snapping at my friend a few days ago and she said she had noticed it and kind of attributed it to my Accutane. (She is one of the few people I trust well enough to tell her.)

I also did something today I really wished I hadn't. I noticed the same friend I was talking about one line up. By noticed I mean...well you know... NOTICED her. She's been my friend for almost 3 years and I've never really seen her that way before...It's really strange...All of a sudden I realize this girl I've spent time with for 3 years is an extremely attractive girl.

Acne wise I seem to be doing alright, although the "heifer" I mentioned on my forehead is full force now and I think I am about to get a really nasty IB on my jawline and cheeks. If that happens it will suck for a week or two, and then get better...so no need to worry.

Current condition: (1 is worst, 10 is best)

Acne: 2/10 (One being breaking out badly, 10 being clear skin)

Mood:8/10 (One being miserable, 10 being floating on chocolate covered rose petals?)

Optimism:10/10 (One being Given up, 10 being full of hope)

Urge to commit Bobacide:10/10 (One being "Wheres my gun?" 10 being "I love life!"

its wierd that you dont just take 60 mgs everyday bc its the same thing and i would think that constant dosage flux would prevent your body from really getting use to it. I guess thats why im not a derm.

As for noticing the girl ... well they're going to start doing that all over the place right around your age, and it does really sneak up on you. Lesson to learn is never burn bridges bc you never know when they're going to become a supermodel, movie star, etc

Why such a high rating for "Bob"acide?

Yes, exactly that RC. (Thanks for stopping by)

Although, next month I'll probably ask the doctor for 80 straight through.

Day eight

Today was pretty decent, although I feel like I could write a book about everything going on in my life. Today I drank some Monster energy drinks ( :drool: ). I know they aren't good for you, but it's either have a Monster or spend the day in bed so I chose the monster.

Today I apologized for snapping at my friend a few days ago and she said she had noticed it and kind of attributed it to my Accutane. (She is one of the few people I trust well enough to tell her.)

I also did something today I really wished I hadn't. I noticed the same friend I was talking about one line up. By noticed I mean...well you know... NOTICED her. She's been my friend for almost 3 years and I've never really seen her that way before...It's really strange...All of a sudden I realize this girl I've spent time with for 3 years is an extremely attractive girl.

Acne wise I seem to be doing alright, although the "heifer" I mentioned on my forehead is full force now and I think I am about to get a really nasty IB on my jawline and cheeks. If that happens it will suck for a week or two, and then get better...so no need to worry.

Current condition: (1 is worst, 10 is best)

Acne: 2/10

Mood:8/10

Optimism:10/10

Urge to commit Bobacide:10/10

its wierd that you dont just take 60 mgs everyday bc its the same thing and i would think that constant dosage flux would prevent your body from really getting use to it. I guess thats why im not a derm.

As for noticing the girl ... well they're going to start doing that all over the place right around your age, and it does really sneak up on you. Lesson to learn is never burn bridges bc you never know when they're going to become a supermodel, movie star, etc

Why such a high rating for "Bob"acide?

That "age" where I start noticing girls is long gone, I've "noticed" pretty much every girl around, if you take one glance at my face it's pretty obvious I'm not starting puberty...lol

As for the Bob Acide, I wasn't sure if it should be a 1 or a 10 for a (NO urge) rating so I put ten...woops.

Well, you know what everyone?

I've decided screw it! I'll take pictures and not blank them out, if my man RcRanger is man enough to do it then I've got to bite the bullet, step up to the challenge!

So...here are a few photos, as well as a few things to keep in mind:

I've hidden from cameras for a long time...so I don't really have a "smile!" or "cheeeese!" pose.

The camera I'm using is of shitty, shitty quality. So if you are thinking my acne isn't that bad...well it is.

And here is just a frontal picture of me...smiling...er trying.

post-70460-1205392653_thumb.jpg

P.S. Feel free to comment, and if you think my eyebrows look un-even it is because I was trying to shave my uni-brow (:() whilst dodging the "Heifer" and I wound up nicking my eyebrow too badly to save it. Tried to even up the other side and made things worse.

I'd like to know what you people think of how I look...I really haven't taken a photo of myself without deleting it instantly before...so you should know this took a lot of courage.

P.P.S.

These photos make me look fat...oh..maybe I am fat!?!? Probably...time for push-ups..no wait...I can't do a push-up!!! Oh my god!!! Just kidding...Heh...

post-70460-1205392653_thumb.jpg

I've updated it since my last post, look at the second to last post...(scroll up)

atta boy I never understood the idea behind blacking out the eyes. I mean they are seeing the worst of your visage and the blacking just makes it look wierd to boot. Oh btw your so HAWT you skinny skinny man lol. for serious though you look fine

I've updated it since my last post, look at the second to last post...(scroll up)

Tee-hee, you spoil me Ranger.

Are you on AIM?

Thanks for the compliment, I guess I'll take it even know it's from a dude! :D

I can't wait until I have to worry about acne scars instead of acne.

Get back to me on that AIM thing!

I can't help but wonder why we are both awake at such an ungodly hour...Oh well, I'll try to get some sleep...or cube for a bit longer.