Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smacks487

does bp have any effect at all on existing pimples

does bp have any effect at all on existing pimples

that one guy says that it will make it worse.

-that makes sense because of the irritation factor

while other people say it reduces rednes.

-that also makes sense because of the whole bleaching and stuff thing.

hmmm.

what do you guys/gals think?

from experience it will not make the acne go away quicker, but it helps to dry it out a little. Try using a cotton bud (or q-tip if you live in America) with very small amount of Bp on it and dab onto the pimples directly.

It also takes the redness away as you said because of the bleaching effect smile.gif

I started Dan's Regimen 10 days ago after having a huge break-out of cystic acne(like 13 of them) from using the Murad Acne System.

I'd say 2/3 of them didn't finish thier usual "cycle". The others I suffered through and came to a head but dried out quickly. I used his regimen and tabbed extra BP on those spots, I also used Burt's Bee's Blemish stick with Tea Tree Oil before the BP and wow what a difference. It usually would take me 4-5 weeks to get rid of this type of acne and I'm almost healed.

I'd say 2/3 of them didn't finish thier usual \"cycle\".  The others I suffered through and came to a head but dried out quickly. I used his regimen and tabbed extra BP on those spots, ...

once the acne has come into existance u having an inflamation and the inflamtion closes all the pores close to the site of infection, preventing bp from getting to core of acne. thats why bp works best as a preventive measure, the poor guy just cant get to the pimple to do a good ass kicking.

I agree, I think BP dries out and heals my existing breakouts in half the time they normally take. And also, if I pop one (god forbid!) at night and apply BP on it, the normally thick "lump" under the skin that always threatens a bigger zit the next day, is almost always smaller, flatter, less noticeable the next morning. It's like the BP zaps the life out of it so it heals faster overnight.

In my experience bp is a better preventer than spot treatment. For me sometimes bp helps an existing spot dry out and shrink and sometimes it has seemingly no effect. But it definitely stops most of them forming in the first place.

I agree that spot treatment alone isn't going to help if you suffer from more then the occasional spot but on top of allover preventative treatment, it can be very effective. However, you will still get 1 or 2 of those very persistent buggers that manage to penetrate both defenses.

You trust you all know the feeling!