Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MickyD

"Chicken Skin" on chest, back, arms and legs

I don't know what this stuff is called or if it is acne but I was wondering if people have any recommendation. I have what various people have described as chicken skin on my chest, back, arms and legs. It is just like permanent red goosebumps on my arms and legs. Some of them look like whiteheads. I have tried scrubing them with various things but without seeing any improvement. I have tried moisturising it as well but that didn't help either.

Any ideas?

I don't know what this stuff is called or if it is acne but I was wondering if people have any recommendation. I have what various people have described as chicken skin on my chest, back, arms and legs. It is just like permanent red goosebumps on my arms and legs. Some of them look like whiteheads. I have tried scrubing them with various things but without seeing any improvement. I have tried moisturising it as well but that didn't help either.

Any ideas?

Not sure where my post went. But I said go to a doctor, chicken skin, wow.

Its probably keratosis pilaris. I have this, in a fairly mild form, basically from head to foot.

You can google for Forums about it, but here's the site that's you'll probably get the most help from. First see a dermatologist to make SURE that it is indeed KP.

http://www.geocities.com/blueparadisevalley/KPPictures.html

After accutane i got a very mild case on the backs of my arms. I remember reading the Head and Shoulders thread for back acne and on a whim I bought a bottle of head and shoulders classic clean 2 days ago and the backs of my arms are seriously already smoother.

I'll keep you updated with my results

After accutane i got a very mild case on the backs of my arms. I remember reading the Head and Shoulders thread for back acne and on a whim I bought a bottle of head and shoulders classic clean 2 days ago and the backs of my arms are seriously already smoother.

I'll keep you updated with my results

I use AmLactin (a lactic acid lotion, I think it's a 12% concentration) daily for KP. I also use a loofah in the shower. This works for me.

Keratosis Pilaris. I had it on my upper arms and thighs. Cleared right up by using Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Lotion. It has urea and alpha hydroxy acid. Put the Eucerin on right after you dry off from your shower, as your skin absorbs it best then.