Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bornunderabadsign

questions about tca use

I got some questions about tca. I got my tca from that ebay person right, there directions that you get with the tca say spread a thin layer over the affected area. Should I use the toothpick and stick it in the scar and give it a little twist or spread it over the scar and then apply the baking soda and water like they say? Can it be used for raised scars? If so how would you treat the raised scars? I have the 100% tca. How come you should not use glycolic products or aha stuff while using tca? Should those products be not used at all during use of tca? Can you do more then 6 treatments? If not why not?

Thanks for your time.

One more thing. I got as sensative skin as there is. My normal skin care stuff contains glycolic stuff and hydroxide but not aha but other kinds of ingrediants with hydroxide. I will break out with most products, can somebody tell me some advice of a different product to use that will help keep my skin clear and is safe while using tca. You gotta have super sensative skin, dont bs me and make my skin get worse, this is big time stuff here. My skin is oily and everything else. I need some advice from a person who knows, not some half ass advice please.

Thanks.

You really need to read the entire paper that was mentioned in the TCA CROSS thread, before doing this to yourself. A few people have done this without bothering to read up about the technique and have caused further damage to themselves. TCA can be very damaging if you don't know what you are doing.

Here is a link to the TCA CROSS thread:

http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=5610

I strongly suggest you read as much of this thread as possible. It's very long but TCA CROSS is a very serious scar treatment method and if you don't know what you are doing, you can scar yourself further. A few people have scarred themselves using this method. The paper is mentioned in the thread, not sure on which page. I haven't had this done. Please read the thread - all your questions will be answered in it.

Thanks oursfan, I appreciate it. I'll read the whole thing. I had some body who's treated themself e-mail me in length on its use. Not that I cant learn more which I want to know all I can. I'm hoping to find out about skin care products which are to be used and products not to use during its use. Well I'll read up on the link and see what I find.

Anybody with any additional info they would like to add I'll listen

Thanks.

Here is a link to the TCA CROSS thread:

http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=5610

I strongly suggest you read as much of this thread as possible. It's very long but TCA CROSS is a very serious scar treatment method and if you don't know what you are doing, you can scar yourself further. A few people have scarred themselves using this method. The paper is mentioned in the thread, not sure on which page. I haven't had this done. Please read the thread - all your questions will be answered in it.