Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I finally figured out the problem to nearly every problem I've been having with my skin - not using gentle cleansers. I've tried Dan's cleanser, all sorts of cleansers from company's like Nuetrogena, Clean and Clear, etc etc. ANY cleanser that left my skin feeling tight only made my skin oily and caused me to get worse breakouts.

I've finally started using Cetaphil cleanser and it's so insanely gentle. Honestly, after a week of using this + my new acne serum that I've been using, my face is getting better. My cheeks were ridden with acne, they're nearly all gone. The really bad acne on my chin and around my mouth are starting to scab up and (hopefully) go away. Skin stays a lot less oilier for longer periods.

The only problem I'm encountering is that the cleaning power of it isn't good enough. I find myself having gunk on my skin after a few days, which I'm assuming is stuff built up that the cleanser couldn't get off. Every few days I have to run a harsher cleaner on my face to wipe it clear. This aggravates my acne for a day, though, so I'd like to avoid this. Is there anything out there (nothing like an AHA, or something with BP or anything, JUST a cleanser) that is gentle and effective? I'm talking.. very gentle. Even Dan's left my skin a lil dry and aggravated. Suggestions?

Thanks

The baby's hair brush and Cetaphil cleanser are highly effective for me. You may be simply experiencing a build up of dead skin cells, I doubt it's dirt as the Cetaphil gets rid of 'dirt' just fine. :)

The baby's hair brush and Cetaphil cleanser are highly effective for me. You may be simply experiencing a build up of dead skin cells, I doubt it's dirt as the Cetaphil gets rid of 'dirt' just fine. :)

I had the same problem with Cetaphil cleanser. It was very gentle on my skin, but wasn't strong enough to remove makeup. It left a residue on my face. I now use Johnson's Head to Toe Baby Wash (I actually use the generic of it- very cheap), and I love it. It is basically the same as Purpose cleanser (both made by the same company). It's very gentle on my skin, and removes all makeup.

Try using a soft, clean washcloth when rinsing off the Cetaphil. I had the same problem with it. Now, though, I use a modified Oil Cleansing Method (no steaming, tepid water, clean soft sponge instead of washcloth), and it gets rid of makeup, waterproof sunscreen, everything.

Try using a soft, clean washcloth when rinsing off the Cetaphil. I had the same problem with it. Now, though, I use a modified Oil Cleansing Method (no steaming, tepid water, clean soft sponge instead of washcloth), and it gets rid of makeup, waterproof sunscreen, everything.

Like I said, I don't use a washcloth anymore but rather a soft sponge. I'll use either a cellulose sponge or a red rubber cosmetic sponge (available at most drugstores). When I used a washcloth, I found that baby washcloths tended to be softest. The trick is to be very gentle and use a light touch when using anything like that on the face. And, use a clean one every time.

So I finally figured out the problem to nearly every problem I've been having with my skin - not using gentle cleansers. I've tried Dan's cleanser, all sorts of cleansers from company's like Nuetrogena, Clean and Clear, etc etc. ANY cleanser that left my skin feeling tight only made my skin oily and caused me to get worse breakouts.

I've finally started using Cetaphil cleanser and it's so insanely gentle. Honestly, after a week of using this + my new acne serum that I've been using, my face is getting better. My cheeks were ridden with acne, they're nearly all gone. The really bad acne on my chin and around my mouth are starting to scab up and (hopefully) go away. Skin stays a lot less oilier for longer periods.

The only problem I'm encountering is that the cleaning power of it isn't good enough. I find myself having gunk on my skin after a few days, which I'm assuming is stuff built up that the cleanser couldn't get off. Every few days I have to run a harsher cleaner on my face to wipe it clear. This aggravates my acne for a day, though, so I'd like to avoid this. Is there anything out there (nothing like an AHA, or something with BP or anything, JUST a cleanser) that is gentle and effective? I'm talking.. very gentle. Even Dan's left my skin a lil dry and aggravated. Suggestions?

Thanks

I have that same problem too, if you can sfford it this will be your new favorite cleanser and I have tried them all, it is from france but you can buy it on ebay, it is gentle, non comedegeic safe for sensitive skin and will get the oily off but not to squeak. it is used by madonna, britney and paris hilton...It is around 30.00 it lasts a long time, it is called yonka gel nettoyant. Its a clear blue gel made in paris. I love this cleanser and it even removes eye makeup , now who but the french could make something so perfect!!!

I like purpose better than cetaphil. I also find that gentle cleanser often need to be rinsed better than the harsher ones. The thing is even if you are oily, you don't want to strip your skin of your natural oils because then you will over compensate by producing more oil. I'm dry with acne, so my problems are completely different. I suffer from clogged pores and my skin doesn't slough off very easily. But gentle is good, even if it leaves some residue behind, at least your face is clearing. My dermatologist told me that only dishes are meant to be squeaky clean, not your face.