Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm a 17 year old guy living in Florida, and for the past 3 or 4 years I've had acne. I've so sick of dealing with it and I just want it to be gone. :/

When I first started getting it, on my forehead I didn't do alot about it, but then it moved down to my nose and cheeks and I started taking Accutane. Did it for about 4-5 months and I couldn't take how worse it had gotten, moving to my entire face, but off my forehead.

I stopped the Accutane and started Proactive. Again, it got worse in some areas around my chin and jawline, but got better in other areas. However, it had gotten worse enough that I quit doing Proactive. I tried various soaps, pill treatments, and other things on my face for along time and it didnt help at all, I just had random acne all over my face and it was just meh.

In July last year, I was at the point where I hadn't tried any specific treatments for fear of my acne just getting worse like it always had with any new product. I started going to the beach and pool everyday, and while it didn't clear up completely, it helped. I started Triclear and again my face got incredibly better, but not compeltely clear.

Right now, I just get acne on my jawline and sometimes on my cheeks, but I'd rather it be all gone than jsut have some of it still. I've been doing the Triclear once a day for about 8 months now. Should I move it up to two times a day? Also, going to the pool and beach as I said earlier, helps it seems, or atelast a few days after I go to the beach or pool it clears up a bit. What does that suggest?

My face is pretty oily, but I just want to find something to get rid of my acne completely, I'm tired of having to deal with it. :/

All of us here are tired of acne too! Some of us have been dealing with it for years. I've had acne since age 15... and I'm 23 now and still fighting it. What you said about the pool and the beach... a lot of people have said the same thing.. that it seems to help with their acne. But I'm not sure what the reason behind it is.

Anyway, if you haven't tried Dan's regimen yet you might wanna give it a shot. At the top of this webpage there's a link to the Regimen. You should definitely check it out. It involves using a mild cleanser (non medicated), 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, and moisturizer. This regimen requires a lot of patience and a bit of extra time when preparing in the morning. I've been doing the regimen for over a year and it's worked great for me! I'm pretty much clear... just a pimple here and there. Good luck!

If your skin isnt sensitive, I agree you might want to give the regimen a try. A lot of people on the org have had wonderful success with it. Either that or you can go back to your dermatologist and be put on topical and or oral prescription medications.

Oh.. you just gotta be more patient. I think u shouldn't hav quit the accutane if you were in the fifth month, cuz suppously the treatment lasts 6 months and it gets worse while you're on it. I'm using proactiv and i think it works . I used it last year and i can tell u that in 4 months my face was completly acne free. Now i'm using it again and i'm on my second week.. I can see the improvement but it works slowly.. There's nothing like proactiv, i love it.

Oh.. you just gotta be more patient. I think u shouldn't hav quit the accutane if you were in the fifth month, cuz suppously the treatment lasts 6 months and it gets worse while you're on it. I'm using proactiv and i think it works . I used it last year and i can tell u that in 4 months my face was completly acne free. Now i'm using it again and i'm on my second week.. I can see the improvement but it works slowly.. There's nothing like proactiv, i love it.

Yea, I was stupid and wanted fast results. If I had known what I know now, I would have definitely sstuck with it. Proactiv didn't really seem to work for me, it just seemed to make things worse.

I did try a topical BP that I forgot to mention before, and it seemed to help but it did dry out my skin alot.

I'm going to stick with what I've been doing for another month or so, as I've seen slow but continual improvement of my skin.

Will doing the TriClear twice a day make that big of a differance? If it might, I'm all for it.

Because you are a guy I will give you a liitle miracle I have learned about from watching my brother in law ..use a herb called saw palmetto, it will not make your skin worse and will start clearing up your skin..no joke I am almost 100 percent sure it will work for you. my brother in law had very bad bad acne. It was from teen hormones, guys make alot of androgens from the testosterone you know. anyhow you can buy it at wall mart. what it does is block some of the androgens from getting to your skin. the main reason for acne. on the bottle it will say for mens prostate, dont worry about that it is for acne too, men with prostate probs have to block the excess androgens too. he had to use it for about 2 onths to see a dramatic improvement. you need to take 2 caps in the morning 2 caps at night . it is very safe. it was a food eaten by south americans the natives it is a safe herb. buy the whole herb caps not the extract. if you dont see improvement up your dose to 5 caps a day, no more than that. Also stop drinking milk. and eating lots of cheese it is known to cause acne in teens. once your clear with it let me know!:)