Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lameo

Red, blotchy, lumpy skin

I've been on the regimen since the middle of October. It cleared me up and has kept me pretty much clear ever since, but for the past month or so, my skin has looked really bad. It was always slightly red from the BP, but now it's very red and blotchy. It looks very uneven. And besides that, it looks lumpy and ugly, so much that it almost looks broken out. I didn't apply BP at all last weekend, and by the end of the weekend, my skin looked really nice, even, and smooth again, but there was some acne starting to form so I started back with the BP. Right now I'm only applying BP once a day, but the skin has just gone right back to being red, lumpy, and blotchy again. It used to not be this way. What has happened? Do I need to exfoliate or something? Only apply BP every other day? I don't know what to do. Help me out.

Try reducing the bp a bit and see if you can remain clear while using less. Also, which cleanser and moisturizer are you using? Maybe we can recommend something else that may help the appearance of your skin.

I've been on the regimen since the middle of October. It cleared me up and has kept me pretty much clear ever since, but for the past month or so, my skin has looked really bad. It was always slightly red from the BP, but now it's very red and blotchy. It looks very uneven. And besides that, it looks lumpy and ugly, so much that it almost looks broken out. I didn't apply BP at all last weekend, and by the end of the weekend, my skin looked really nice, even, and smooth again, but there was some acne starting to form so I started back with the BP. Right now I'm only applying BP once a day, but the skin has just gone right back to being red, lumpy, and blotchy again. It used to not be this way. What has happened? Do I need to exfoliate or something? Only apply BP every other day? I don't know what to do. Help me out.

Try using AHA product, apparently it helps with the redness.

Do you exfoliate ? For me that came by not doing it often enough

I don't, I don't even know how. What's the best method for exfoliation?

Also, Brandy, all the products I use (cleanser, BP, and moisturizer) are Dan's, and they have been ever since I started.

Thanks!

Well you should start doing it.

You can use a babybrus by gently brushing your skin (under the shower or so) or use some very very soft sponge (I have one from bodyshop which is very nice btw).

I've read about the sugar method where you take some sugar and mix it with your moisturizer and again rub you skin gently with it. The sugar will peel the dead skin off.

Haven't tried this one yet but it is supposed to do it's job very well.

It's very importend to exfoliate ! Go to some drugstore and get a soft babybrush/sponge or start the sugar method. You'll see what the most comfortable way for you is.

Good luck and keep us updated !