Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
curlygirl715

animal friendly products?

Hi everybody,

I just began the regimen yesterday and bought the following products....

Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture

Unfortunately, I just went to www.caringconsumer.com and discovered that Neutrogena engages in animal testing. I'm going to go ahead and use the products, but want to buy animal friendly products in the future. Does anybody else make a BP cream? Fortunately, Eucerin is on the list that does not test on animals so I will purchase their moisturizer (and cleanser if they make one) next time. Cetaphil is on neither list, so I don't know if they engage in animal testing. What other cleansers are you guys using on the regimen?

Thanks in advance!

I love Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Soap and Toner, but I'm sure they are too harsh for the regimen. But I read in another post that somebody uses the wild lettuce soap, maybe I will try that one too. I don't know if KMF or BB has any gentle moisturizers.

I use the Burt's Bees Garden Tomato soap too, but actually I think it's pretty gentle on my skin. Maybe you have dry/sensitive skin, in which case I think the Wild Lettuce soap would be better, but I have oily skin so the tomato does just fine. I tried a Kiss My Face moisturizer, called Alpha Aloe Oil-Free Moisturizer, but I wasn't too impressed. It gives me the feeling that it's clogging my pores, but I'm stuck with it until I run out... I'm not about to throw it away because it was kinda expensive...

My skin is definately not dry. But I'm afraid to keep using the Garden Tomato when I'm just starting the regimen. I've never used BP before -- isn't it going to dry my skin out?

If you start with a small amount of BP, then it won't completely dry you out. Once your skin gets used to the BP then you should be able to use more BP without any problems with your skin. I'd say go ahead and try the BP with the Garden Tomato, because when I first started the regimen I used the Purpose bar and that dried me out much more than the Garden Tomato ever did.