Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acneargh

Vita K Solution for redmarks. EDITED

Day 8 with Vita-K blotchy skin:

Paid my mother a visit(no one on earth can notice even the slightest change about you more than your mother). She commented on "how much my face filled out". I am noticing a slow, steady improvement. Even in the worst lighting I can see it getting better. Death to red marks!  :twisted:

Hey...now that it has been a month, how is your skin since using the Vita-K? I am going after some today. I have really old scars on my arms, and wonder if I might need to get the one for scars instead of bloches..

Any experience with old red marks? I know people say they go away in 6 months, but I just don't buy that. I have one on my nose that's been there for years. And how about general redness of the nose and cheeks?

anyone here read "the beauty bible" by Paula Begoun(famous book) she says in a section on vita-k that there are no legitamate studies showing that it does any of the things that the manufactorers claim! Generally I trust her advice so some of you may want to look into that. I don't know if the website has that info specifically but here is her website www.cosmeticscop.com

Hey, what do you know! She just so happens to have her own line of stuff for sale!

Why take advice from a woman who will discredit other products just to sell her own?

I am not an employee of the Vita-K company or anything, I read AcneArgh's praise of it and figured, "why not"? I found that it is working on my redmarks, so I decided to post my experiences. I do see alot of "posters" doing little more tham hawking products here, and it is annoying. Also, Paula's writings only talk about spidy veins, not red marks.

Veneficus, I was just about to logoff and go to sleep when I saw this comment about Don't Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me. You are actually pretty wrong about this in my opinion - she doesn't discredit all other products, she gives a rating and a LOT of products get a "Paula's Pick" (i.e., excellent) rating. You name another company for me that will actually recommend products that are not their own. Also, she explains the ingredients etc. & the scientific research in layman's terms, something I would think you of all people would approve of, given that you are pretty into translating scientific information into regular language for people on this forum. I suspect you didn't look at her book or at the website too extensively before reaching your conclusions.

And by the way, it's "spider" veins, not "spidy" veins, lol.

also to add to vanessa's remarks Paula has been writing reviews and exposing the truth about cosmetics for years but she didn't have her own product line until fairly recently.

hey, has anyone had any break outs from using vita K? ive been using it on and off cause i use it for like 3 days and i see some small pimples form!!! so im not sure what to do, maybe its all in my head and the pimples are just there bc they were ganna be on my face no matter what. what ever

peace

yeah,i tried vita-k last week for a few days and it totally made my face break out with these little tiny bumps...so, obvioulsy i stopped using it.

what can i say? every product affects everyone differently.

Heh, haven't posted in awhile, sorry!

I have scaled back to applying the vita-K once a day, since I no longer need two applications. My skin looks much better, I no longer need to apply any form of concealer, except for one small area near my jaw that had a recent breakout. I still take 50mg. of zinc, but it has been exactly three weeks, so if I see results from the zinc, it should be about nine weeks away.

cj, i got those tiny bumps too, they are really small and make your skin feels rugged, its not noticeable and it will goes away, alot of people are having great result with this side affect.

yeah i get some of those little bumps, some average size ones also, im not sure if i sould continue with the vita k or just stop. i am also using tazorac 5% with it

I just started using Vita-K today, And I hope the stuff works. I saw all the products available and I assume they all have the same active ingredient. I was wondering if any of you had any results with your dark circles or scars as well if you had them? I plan on using all over my face so hopefully it works on the acne scars and dark circles as well.

Has anyone experienced vita-k peeling off (maybe because it can't be absorbed)? Am I putting too much on? It's DRIVING ME CRAZY. I just barely touch my face and layers of sticky stuff (probably a combination of vita k, skin and topical meds) comes off... it's hard to explain --> almost like I"m moisturizing too much. It makes makeup look like SHIT! I've been using vita k for about 2 or 3 weeks now and barely see any difference... I'm about ready to give up on this stuff. It's too bad cuz I was really excited about using it. My whole face is covered in red marks... wish it would work. :P Is it normal to only see a minor difference after 3 weeks? and has ANYONE experienced this peeling??? It's soooo weird....

i think maybe your using too much. try using a bit less and see if that makes any difference. stop rubbing it in when it dissapears. cause when i carry on after that it does start to flake off a bit. I noticed a small difference after about a week. i think it depends on how bad the red marks are. if they are light, then it prob won't take long but if they are bad, it takes longer to take effect. all i can say is, stick to it. It will work, you just need to give it time. patience is the key.

tgr

Thanks tgr! I was just frustrated and needed to be told to stick with it :P I'll def keep trying... some of my red marks are pretty bad and I am an extremly slow healer (I'm also taking zinc to help with this) so that might contribute to it too.

are you also using BP at all? cause although that helps with acne, it does nothing for red marks. makes them worse apparently.

I had success with vit-k I found that it acutally prevented breakouts to occur on the side of my face, on some parts on my face it did make me break out so I don't put it there anymore. Now I don't use it anymore because I ran out, but I find that oil-absorbing, oil free moisturizer can also remove red spots you just got to give it time.