Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HI,

I have a lot of red marks and some have been around for a long time. I wanna know what is the best cream to use for red marks and what have u use that makes a differents?.

no creams will help red marks. they are under the skin and most creams do not reach the dermis where the problems lay.

Just use a gentle cleanser and let your natural sebum heal the marks.

no creams will help red marks. they are under the skin and most creams do not reach the dermis where the problems lay.

Lasers, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels increase the rate at which skin turns over, reducing the amount of time that red marks linger.

Actually, by increasing the rate at which the stratum is removed (by some creams for example), and thus forcing keratinization to occur quicker, the rate at which the cells in the lower layers are replaced is also increased.

thats not true. there are a lot of creams you can get from a dermatologist that increase the speed that red marks fade by bleaching the skin, in a sense. i'm using azelaic acid right now and it is in cream form. i havent been on it long but i've heard great things about it. research something a little more before you give advice on it...?

Zincofax 40% cream works wonders for me when I have post acneic red marks. This is the same cream mothers apply to their babies bottoms to treat diaper rash. Its a thicker consistency so I just spot apply at bed time and place a towel on my pillowcase so that I dont get any film on it.

Topicals usually do very little for RED marks. Thing like retin-A helps tighten up collagen and promotes skin shedding but the cause of red marks is sometimes due to extra blood circulation under the skin, which explains why red marks can become extra red when you exercise and they're pale when you first wake up.

I think overtime all red marks can fade. The only other thing that MAY help are mild lasers (nothing ablative).

I'm hearing good stuff from Vita-K Acne Scar Pro.. I am taking it and so far after 1 week using it consistently, it works on some... Time works on some.. Ive tried just about every red mark product out except for the above "Zicofax", unless thats Zinc which I also tried.. Haven't done lasers though, if I get desperate I might go down that route...

Me myself, I have white skin so basically anything that "would work", would take a while to fully diminish the marks... I have a sunbeam facial tanner right now along with using Vita-K.. Don't want to say the combo are best bet, but it's toned down a few marks... I also use vitamins that are for skin conditions, "like such as" skin health,acne, and other catch phrases...

What your probably experiencing is broken vessels under your skin.. These wont heal over time from my experience.. If topicals don't work for these then best bet is laser.. Just make sure you fully research the best treatments out there before you bite.. Most are not wallet friendly and insurances don't cover them from my understanding.. Red marks do fade over time though, just the ones with a hint of purple in them wont..

Also do not overdo yourself with topicals, could lead to more headaches.. Like redden your face to a point where now you need shit for Rosacea type conditions..