Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scar_Tissue

You think your face is doing good

I was walking past a car window to rugby and i glanced at my face and was takenback kinda in a shameful way like wow i didn't think it sucked that bad.

i saw the holes and looseness and uneven tone and even the small things u usually wouldn't notice....BLAH

I was walking past a car window to rugby and i glanced at my face and was takenback kinda in a shameful way like wow i didn't think it sucked that bad.

i saw the holes and looseness and uneven tone and even the small things u usually wouldn't notice....BLAH

my problem is that most mirrors don't show me with very bad red marks, and in them i look pretty good. but then i'll step in front of a window, look in my hand mirror and feel like i've never looked worse.

I did that yesterday, getting into my car. The sunlight reflected exactly that - holes, uneven skin tones, bumps that you can't see straight on but in the sunlight, toss shadows that seem 10 feet long on my face.....

This happens to me everyday... you could look in one mirror that has favorable lighting and feel so good about yourself... then 5 minutes later walk past another mirror in bad lighting and feel like crap. Its a constant emotional struggle... I've been trying to just shrug it off lately, and just keep my confidence up... but its such a hard thing to do. I need to start adding more activites that will take my mind off of my face ( working out, sports, etc. )... anything other than constantly looking into the mirror...

its like its what people really see everyday when they look at you.

i feel vain always looking in mirrors trying to see if i can do anything to like improve my hair or w.e its kinda a obsession perhaps...which i blame on acne :}

I'm new to this site. 27 yr old female with acne since age 10. I saw something on here about Acne Dysmorphia. http://www.acne.org/acne-dysmorphia.html I'm pretty sure that's what I have. I'm so obsessive about it! I usually only get the underground painful (cystic) kind of acne...which sucks!!! I always think I can perform some miracle surgery on my face and it will get better. WRONG!!! With foundations & concealer, most people tell me they can't see anything, but it's painful, and I know it's there. It's hard not to try and pop it to make the pain go away! But that just makes it so much worse! How can I stop this behavior? :wall:

its like its what people really see everyday when they look at you.

i feel vain always looking in mirrors trying to see if i can do anything to like improve my hair or w.e its kinda a obsession perhaps...which i blame on acne :}

This happened to me after a basketball game...I had had a great game and we won an upset, and I was happy, then I looked in a car window and saw myself...And was sad and everyone was like "Dude, what the hells wrong with you? That was great!" I was just like "...yeah..."

i have analysed basicly every single lighting condition and have figured out when i look bad and when i look good this is what acne has driven me into...

Seeing myself under different lighting/in different mirrors affects my mood so much that I spent around 3-4 years only ever looking in the mirror when the curtains were pulled and the light was off. Lord knows what kind of mess I went out as, especially because back them I still attempted to use shitty makeup and somehow convinced myself that it managed to hide the bombsite that was my face and make me look normal, despite the fact that my face had the texture of something awful and everything was smothered on in the dark.

I try to stick to those mirrors that I know, and avoid the ones in horrible lighting so that my self-confidence is preserved from plummeting further. It's such a blow to things when you inadvertently catch your reflection in uncontrolled circumstances (fucking car mirrors, shop mirrors and public bathrooms) and all the work you've been doing to improve your self-esteem gets shot down in a couple of seconds.

As pathetic as it sounds, I usually start off fridays feeling fairly high-spirited (well, as high-spirited as one can be when you're a moody, depressed cow like me), because well... it's the end of the week and all, and then around 1pm when I have tutorial my mood does a U-turn all because we have to log on to the computers and I happen to catch a hideous creature looking back at me through the reflection of the computer screen. Tops my week of nicely.

I actually keep putting off driving lessons because I'm afraid that whenever I glance in my mirrors I'll see what a state I look like and be tempted to drive straight off a cliff.

day in and day out im like this too! im so scared to go get my haircut at great clips because the mirror and lighting there makes me so depressed my stomache forms knots. its like high definition! i usually like using my cell phone when i turn it off and my ipod turned off as mirrors. i avoid public mirrors all the time... like in dressing rooms and shit... i just cant look at my scars. those mirrors bring out hidden scars, scars u never thought u had or didnt think were that bad. i always think i look like a hideous monster... or i had acid thrown on my face :(

Seeing myself under different lighting/in different mirrors affects my mood so much that I spent around 3-4 years only ever looking in the mirror when the curtains were pulled and the light was off. Lord knows what kind of mess I went out as, especially because back them I still attempted to use shitty makeup and somehow convinced myself that it managed to hide the bombsite that was my face and make me look normal, despite the fact that my face had the texture of something awful and everything was smothered on in the dark.

I try to stick to those mirrors that I know, and avoid the ones in horrible lighting so that my self-confidence is preserved from plummeting further. It's such a blow to things when you inadvertently catch your reflection in uncontrolled circumstances (fucking car mirrors, shop mirrors and public bathrooms) and all the work you've been doing to improve your self-esteem gets shot down in a couple of seconds.

As pathetic as it sounds, I usually start off fridays feeling fairly high-spirited (well, as high-spirited as one can be when you're a moody, depressed cow like me), because well... it's the end of the week and all, and then around 1pm when I have tutorial my mood does a U-turn all because we have to log on to the computers and I happen to catch a hideous creature looking back at me through the reflection of the computer screen. Tops my week of nicely.

I actually keep putting off driving lessons because I'm afraid that whenever I glance in my mirrors I'll see what a state I look like and be tempted to drive straight off a cliff.

Car windows are obviously not good places to be looking for a good reflection of yourself. Instead, look deep down inside your heart.

Someone get me a ladder, that was deep.

Someone once told me that looking into a mirror is like looking into a magnifying glass, everything you see looks bigger then it really is. So basically you think your skin looks worse then it really is. When i heard that i was like...wtf that makes no sense. But years later i realized that most people look past whats on your face and look at you as a person, not as someone with acne.

This is why I always do my makeup in the least flattering light I can find. It's usually harsh florescent light or natural light from an open window.

I figure, if I can make myself look like a human being in that light, then I'll look flawless in every other light.

This happened to me after a basketball game...I had had a great game and we won an upset, and I was happy, then I looked in a car window and saw myself...And was sad and everyone was like "Dude, what the hells wrong with you? That was great!" I was just like "...yeah..."

or when your in the shower and your skin feels great but when you get out of the rub and you look at yourself, yikes

Someone once told me that looking into a mirror is like looking into a magnifying glass, everything you see looks bigger then it really is. So basically you think your skin looks worse then it really is. When i heard that i was like...wtf that makes no sense. But years later i realized that most people look past whats on your face and look at you as a person, not as someone with acne.

Yep, I find myself looking in ONLY my bathroom mirror cause it's the only mirrow in the my house that I'm comfortable looking at myself in. That one and a couple others, in the hall, basement. It sucks, when ever I was my hands at school I just step to the side so I don't see my face. Not to mention our school bathrooms have horrible lighting. I'm starting to just shrug it off too as my skin is slowly improving, but it still gets to me.

We just gotta keep our heads up.

we cant really blame mirrors, they tell the truth, if our faces look like shit, they look like shit. blame acne, the mirror is just providing the truth, if we had clear faces, we'd love mirrors

we cant really blame mirrors, they tell the truth, if our faces look like shit, they look like shit. blame acne, the mirror is just providing the truth, if we had clear faces, we'd love mirrors