Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cool as kim deal

product updates

Hey Kim, about the 10% aha when he say: 3 uses, does he mean 1 bottle that you can use has a moisturizer, spot treat or body acne... or does he mean 3 bottle of 10% for each use??

Im looking forward to buy the 10% aha because its a BREATHTAKING deal.... I think Dan said he will sale it at between 12$-15$ for a 6oz ( :D thats pretty cheap compared to the neutrogena healthy skin face lotion aha 8% at 13$ for 2.5oz

The AHA product will have 3 uses. One bottle, three different things to use it for.

PS: you can, of course, buy three tubes if you so desire. ;)

Is his Jojoba going to be 100% Jojoba Oil? Or is it mixed with other "stuff"? :) I don't get why Dan would make it just Jojoba Oil when I can pick up the exact same thing with the same ingredient down the street?

Is his Jojoba going to be 100% Jojoba Oil? Or is it mixed with other "stuff"? :) I don't get why Dan would make it just Jojoba Oil when I can pick up the exact same thing with the same ingredient down the street?

Hopefully Dan/Joel/Brandy will correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think it's going to be 100% organic jojoba oil. (The organicness would make it carry a premium, too, so this might be a better value than you think.) You might be able to get your jojoba oil down the street, and that's really awesome, but not too common. I have a hard time finding it around here, and the places that do sell it are really expensive local health food stores, the main exception being Trader Joe's. It's convenient to be able to order all my regimen supplies and then have jojoba oil in the same order, since that way I save on shipping too, rather than needing to order jojoba oil from another website and pay more for shipping.

Hopefully Dan/Joel/Brandy will correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think it's going to be 100% organic jojoba oil. (The organicness would make it carry a premium, too, so this might be a better value than you think.) You might be able to get your jojoba oil down the street, and that's really awesome, but not too common. I have a hard time finding it around here, and the places that do sell it are really expensive local health food stores, the main exception being Trader Joe's. It's convenient to be able to order all my regimen supplies and then have jojoba oil in the same order, since that way I save on shipping too, rather than needing to order jojoba oil from another website and pay more for shipping.

It will be 100% Certified Organic Jojoba Oil.

The AHA is a pretty awesome moisturizer I must say. But it will only be good for people who have been on the regimen for a while. I think it'll be too hardcore for beginners. I used it in place of my morning moisturizer for a week or two and freakin' loved it. My skin looked fantastic. Zero flakes and just nice even toned skin. I'm opening up to the idea that more emphasis on exfoliation may be a good thing.

Regarding the jojoba, yup, it'll just be 100% organic jojoba oil with nothing added. From all the information I have asked of them, and all of the research I've been able to do regarding jojoba oil growers both in the U.S. and around the world (Israel in particular is known for jojoba) our partner farm is great. They are very impressive. Everything from their environmental policies to their finished product appears top notch and cutting edge in the "oils" industry. Yup, there's an "oils" industry I have found :) I am going to learn more about them and hopefully go to the farm for a visit so I can show you guys first hand. But so far I couldn't be happier. As usual, they are more expensive than cheaper imports, but it's worth it I think. The jojoba is grown down in Arizona and they should provide us a reliably top quality product.

I hope my Paula's Choice BHA & AHA lasts until Dan releases his BHA and AHA later this year. I'm really looking forward to getting it. I've been clearing out my assortment of facial products and hoping to just have all DKR products in the future. Makes my life easier.

Is Dan still going to chiefly recommend his original moisturizer as the standard use in the regimen? Or is the AHA moisturizer going to entirely replace it?

Good question. Can anyone answer??

We usually don't recommend starting out with an AHA moisturizer, so the standard moisturizer will most likely be recommended for beginners. After a few months, when your skin is accustomed to the bp, you can then choose to switch to the AHA moisturizer if you want to.

I think it will be great for people to have a choice. :)