Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay im so sick of red marks on my face. i almost have no more acne now. ive spent so much money on products which dont work. i want instant results so im going to book an appointant to get a chemical peel or Microdermabrasion.

has anyone done either of them? and are they good? did u see instant results? because im not paying $100 to do it and not see any improvement!!!

I've done glycolic acid and lactic acid chemical peels by myself. I often see an improvement in a few days--and sometimes immediately--following the peel. They've only cost me like $20 for 20 peels, so it's really cheap if you want to save some money.

It's my understanding, however, that microdermabrasion is like doing a series of 4 peels or so with no downtime. It also costs a lot more, as I'm pretty sure it needs to be professionally done. You'll see faster and better results with microdermabrasion if you can afford it. If you can't, just do some glycolic acid peels yourself.

Theres this website that sells TCA chemical peels for like $40.. I'm really tempted to order but it seems like the side effects are really scary.. permanent scarring, crusting of your face for weeks after... I would pay more and go to a derm, its not worth the risks in my opinion.

I've done a course of microdermabrasion in the past and it does work really well for getting rid of the red marks, although it takes a few weeks to start to see results; it's also pretty expensive, I paid around $350 for 5 or 6 treatments.

I'm thinking of trying at home lactic acid peels for my new spots since it's cheaper.

I've had peels done before by a dermatologist and have just done a peel myself.

Personally I think a peel will give you a faster more thorough result than microdermabrasion.

I suggest you get your first peel done by a profesional that way you'll have a better idea of how to do it and how the after-care works. You'll also know what to expect after the peel (how your skin looks, feels, etc.). After that you'll be better able to do it yourself. ^_^