Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BdotMan

Masturbation

Everyone says masturbation isn't linked with acne but if you think about it, lack of exercise is linked with it so why can't other bodily functions (ejaculating, having an orgasm) be linked? I get the feeling everyone just says it cos they enjoy it so much!? :think:

I will see if I get blackheads on my nose!!

Everyone says masturbation isn't linked with acne but if you think about it, lack of exercise is linked with it so why can't other bodily functions (ejaculating, having an orgasm) be linked? I get the feeling everyone just says it cos they enjoy it so much!? :think:

I will see if I get blackheads on my nose!!

i dont think its linked man. masturbation relieves stress haha. thats what i think.

I don't think there's a relationship between the two. I mean, a lot of guys have said on this forum already that they do it every day and experience no breakouts or just the same amount. And from personal experience, I'm on the opposite hand ~ I've stopped masturbating since I was 15, and I still get acne... So I don't think not doing it really clears you up or anything.

when i dont MB, my skin is at its worst, when i do, my skin is somewhat clear, its all mental. MBing doesnt cause acne, if you lose sperm, your body produces more to replace it so its not like youre never going to get it back, MB releases stress which def. helps your acne

There is not a guy in the world who doesn't masturbate(except maybe some of the people on this board who think it causes acne, haha), so I don't think its really a factor.

Yeah since the last batch of masturbation-acne threads I've kept a weather eye on it - I don't see any link the two in my case. I'd subscribe to the opinion that it actually de-stresses you and "uses up" the hormones in a way. I dunno. Maybe it's the only reason anyone ever breaks out lol. The whole thing gets confused by some people's often angrily conservative (edit and liberal) stances on masturbation anyway. Maybe you should give it up for a while like AsiaXiah and see how you do?

I think it, which is why I keep it to about once a week, which I am comfortable with now, but I know in the past I probably overindulged a little, and I think it might of made me feel a little guilty and that in its self may have seriously contributed to my acne as well as some of my anxiety, confidence issues. People that laugh when this is brought up aren't serious about clearing their acne.

Guys, MB has nothing to do with acne. Just do it without guilt & I don't know, look for things that matter if acne is your problem, but its voodoo to blame MB.

Well then don't touch yourself for a month and see what happens.

But I have to warn you if you abruptly stop masturbating after you have been doing it habitually, you might begin to start coming for no reason....

I dont think it is a cause of breakouts but scarring maybe. Excessive male masterbation would eliminate a fair amount of protein that would be used to heal skin. The body would give up all functions and utilize whatever materials available to produce and ejaculate well kept sperm. So, if a guy jerks off more protien than he takes in the body will divert materials from skin care and use it for ejaculate.....maybe.... its just an idea....

I dont think it is a cause of breakouts but scarring maybe. Excessive male masterbation would eliminate a fair amount of protein that would be used to heal skin. The body would give up all functions and utilize whatever materials available to produce and ejaculate well kept sperm. So, if a guy jerks off more protien than he takes in the body will divert materials from skin care and use it for ejaculate.....maybe.... its just an idea....

you my friend, are an idiot.

From my own experience over the course of a few years, I have tried but found little correlation.

The key words are "little correlation"; I am moderately convinced that if it is done every day, it does contribute to a couple spots in my case. tbh I can not fathom why there could not be any connection. I feel the same way with diet. Skin has a certain balance of oil production, exfoliation, and other natural processes. Hormones control these and after sex or mb it has been shown that hormone levels are fluctuating up, down, before leveling off. That alone could could disturb a delicate balance. If this is done excessively... well that can't be very healthy anyway right? And I'm not talking about only hormones.

However, I am absolutely certain that it will not "make or break" an acne condition. Same with diet, just do what works best for you everyone is different maybe it affects you more than others but do not blame the majority of your acne condition over this. If you have moderate acne anyway there are probably more meaningful variables such as a strict regimen you should control :)

From my own experience over the course of a few years, I have tried but found little correlation.

The key words are "little correlation"; I am moderately convinced that if it is done every day, it does contribute to a couple spots in my case. tbh I can not fathom why there could not be any connection. I feel the same way with diet. Skin has a certain balance of oil production, exfoliation, and other natural processes. Hormones control these and after sex or mb it has been shown that hormone levels are fluctuating up, down, before leveling off. That alone could could disturb a delicate balance. If this is done excessively... well that can't be very healthy anyway right? And I'm not talking about only hormones.

However, I am absolutely certain that it will not "make or break" an acne condition. Same with diet, just do what works best for you everyone is different maybe it affects you more than others but do not blame the majority of your acne condition over this. If you have moderate acne anyway there are probably more meaningful variables such as a strict regimen you should control :)

QFT

My skin is reasonably clear and I masturbate all the time. Hell, I'm masturbating right now. One-handed typing, now that is some talent!

What about depletion of zinc? Does anyone know how many mg worth is lost in a load (on average). Personally I have noticed a link between excessive masturbation and increase in acne - I am not sure if it's due to resultant hormonal changes, dehydration, or zinc (and/or other mineral) depletion. But I think you'd be blind to write off the possibility of a connection.

I find it hard to believe there is a link. I do it once or twice a day. I did go a week without it once but saw no increase or decrease in breakouts.

i really believe that this is a myth. i heard it was used a long time ago to scare kids away from masturbation... i can say that i haven't noticed anything lol.