Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
modelgirl35

Using make-up and Accutane

Hey guys today at work not only did this girl say "WOW what is wrong with your face, it has bumps all over like you have hives" :evil: I mean WTF ..I already know this...but two other females..one of which is taking something similar to Accutane told me I should not be wearing makeup and did I ask my Derm if it was ok to wear makeup...ok I just figured that i wear the make up during this crazy stage wear I am having spots and scarring...and I just wash it off when I get home. Umm I am at work and in a professional setting. I will feel horrible without it. I will feel ugly. They say not to wear it cause I am aggrivating my acne and clogging my pores. I thought it was ok considering I wash it right off and I dont wear make up in the house.

Someone give me their opinion. I want to feel beautiful and look beautiful and I know make up should not be what makes me feel these things BUT IT DOES :redface:

You can check out my daily blog at 35 and Starting Accutane

Hey guys today at work not only did this girl say "WOW what is wrong with your face, it has bumps all over like you have hives" :evil: I mean WTF ..I already know this...but two other females..one of which is taking something similar to Accutane told me I should not be wearing makeup and did I ask my Derm if it was ok to wear makeup...ok I just figured that i wear the make up during this crazy stage wear I am having spots and scarring...and I just wash it off when I get home. Umm I am at work and in a professional setting. I will feel horrible without it. I will feel ugly. They say not to wear it cause I am aggrivating my acne and clogging my pores. I thought it was ok considering I wash it right off and I dont wear make up in the house.

Someone give me their opinion. I want to feel beautiful and look beautiful and I know make up should not be what makes me feel these things BUT IT DOES :redface:

Tell me what makeup you're using... what's your makeup "regimen"?

i'm on accutane 20mg..and wear make up every single day...i asked my derm and he said it was perfectly fine to wear makeup as long as it is non pore clogging..so i use dermablend which is made for problem skin..and i love it...sweetie...no one can go through accutane without make up...dont punish yourself..accutane will take care of the acne with or without makeup..and least with make up...you can feel somewhat normal...what mg are you on?

All the normal drug store makeup (Loreal, Cover Girl, Revlon, even Almay and Physicians Formula) made me break out like crazy. Try Bare Minerals - it's easy to apply, looks really natural, gives surprisingly good coverage and it actually makes my skin better. It's more expensive, but the containers last forever. Worth a shot!

Hi -

I'm curious...you use two different types of washes in the am? That might be a little much. I am also on an AA woman on Accutane. I am thinking about getting some Clinique or Neutrogena make-up.

I think you may be aggravating your skin a little bit by over-washing. Good Luck and lemme know how it goes!

Hello. I agree, there is no reason you can't wear makeup while on accutane. Before I started my 1st course I used Cover Girl liquid & powder. I made the switch to bare minerals/escentuals once I started to dry out. It covers wonderfully and feels so light on your skin. IMHO I was the same as you, I only wore makeup when I was going out of the house. :blush:

i've been very happy w/bare minerals. i don't usually buy things that are advertised on infomercails (proactive being a total waste of my money) but bare minerals seems to be doing the trick..

i'm on accutane 20mg..and wear make up every single day...i asked my derm and he said it was perfectly fine to wear makeup as long as it is non pore clogging..so i use dermablend which is made for problem skin..and i love it...sweetie...no one can go through accutane without make up...dont punish yourself..accutane will take care of the acne with or without makeup..and least with make up...you can feel somewhat normal...what mg are you on?

Hey hun i would say not to use that facewash which lightly exfoliates i only wash my face in the evening with a really light face wash after ive done everything and get ready for bed and then i use moisturiser (aqueous cream) then when i wake up use moisturiser and put on some dermablend concealor and abit of mac powder i dont use anything harsh at all and having a face wash that exfoliates may irritate your skin wilst on accutane.

i know you say you dont moisturise much coz you get oily but i would say to moisturise as much as you can whilst on accutane as accutane will dry the oil up soon. I used to be the same though couldnt use any moisturiser as it would give me a breakout and i was so oily anyway but you still need it.

As for the makeup as far as im aware its fine to wear it maybe not clogging foundation or anything but light concealor and powder to cover spots etc wont hurt when your at home if you can try not to wear any and let your skin breathe good luck hang in there xx

Hi - I used bare minerals and LOVE them. In fact, I think it blends well enough that guys could use it on bad spots too. It is wonderful stuff! :clap: I started accutane on Monday and am worried that using only a powder would be too drying. So, I started using Clinique's new Supermoisture Makeup along with the bare minerals concealer. The Clinique foundation doesn't have SPF, but it's really creamy, and feels great. Might be worth trying out a sample. I use CeraVe moisturizer, then a small small amount of Aquaphor. After that sets, I put on the foundation (a little goes a long ways). I have had zero problems with dryness. So far.... ;) Hope that helps.

Thanks guys! I am convinced enough to try the makeup. I will check it out online and order it or call the number. I definitely need something that covers me, but doesnt look like I am over doing it.