Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crm6360

Bad lighting - u want to avoid like the plague

Every one of us acne sufferers knows how harsh lighting can make us look hideous.... for me, it's the typical harsh, directional WHITE light from a ceiling bulb in a small room. Peach-toned light (and softer light in general) on the other hand, can make a world of a difference. Thank god most restaurants fall into this category.

So I try to avoid looking in the mirror in certain places just to avoid the negative reinforcement.

As far as natural outdoor lighting, I'm not really sure since I've never really seen myself in a mirror outdoors.

Huh? What we see in a mirror IS what other people see. I'm not talking about standing in front of the mirror 2 inches away and microscopically analyzing every skin cell on my face.

I can relate to you on the different lighting :-s 's

I've found it whilst shopping in the big ass indoor centres... The Lightins strange in them anyway but some shops have ultra lights... Like make you blink bright.

Ther's been a couple of times ive thought jeee and looked twice...It being esp mind boggling when applyed my moisturiser in the mornin and skin didt look half that bad

...My mirrors on my window ledge you see,Natural light don't hide shit but don't empasize(sp?) either.

Have a look for yourself smile.gif

Huh?    What we see in a mirror IS what other people see.  I'm not talking about standing in front of the mirror 2 inches away and microscopically analyzing every skin cell on my face.

a few years ago, here in manchester, the bus companies started a new initiative to prevent teenagers from occupying the seats at the front of the busses, which are supposed to be for elderly/disabled people.

they fixed blue lights above the aforementioned seats, which show up acne and make it look terrible.

it definitley worked as a deterent.

sneaky bastards.

i try to dodge bright lights as much as i can.... it seems to shows up my big pimples real bad (the ones that you can't help to squeeze or pick!) and my scars on my cheeks! ](*,)

My girlfriend thinks am a bit mad, when i dim the lights but that's the 'Acne Paranoia' we all have a bit of i suppose. sad.gif

I know every bathroom mirror from Philadelphia to Boston. If you're in the area I can help you out, lol.

Hairdresser lighting and their wall mirrors scare me most. biggrin.gif

when my face was screwed up i would have all the lights off. now my acne is gone my ace is flawless but i still cant get over the light thing i countinue to live in the dark. what the hell is wrong with me lol of well less electric bills jajajaja.

the mirrors in my would show my acne at it's worst. I think it may have been the natural light that did it, but i dunno

a few years ago, here in manchester, the bus companies started a new initiative to prevent teenagers from occupying the seats at the front of the busses, which are supposed to be for elderly/disabled people.

they fixed blue lights above the aforementioned seats, which show up acne and make it look terrible.

it definitley worked as a deterent.

sneaky bastards.