Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phazeone

Exfoliate?

I've been on the regimen for two weeks. Okay results so far, acne seems to be going away but it appears that I have a few more blackheads and my skin tone is slightly uneven, slightly red as well.

Should I exfoliate once a week to remove those dead skin cells? What kind of product should I use? I heard the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque is a good exfoliate? Will the exfoliate work on the redness?

Thanks again for the help!

I use a Biore exfoliating scrub, it feels great. But I only added it in

after quite a few months of the regimen, so I don't know what would

happen if you added it in after two weeks.

I use a Biore exfoliating scrub, it feels great. But I only added it in

after quite a few months of the regimen, so I don't know what would

happen if you added it in after two weeks.

I tried using a scrub during my Proactiv days, and it was the worst thing I ever did. I brokeout the next day and since then, I haven't used a scrub.

See the third link in my signature for a solid summary of ways to exfoliate.

The Queen Helene mask (or any other clay mask) won't exfoliate, really. It'll mostly just dry out your skin more, which is undesirable on the regimen as you might be able to guess from your own experience.

The Queen Helene mask (or any other clay mask) won't exfoliate, really. It'll mostly just dry out your skin more, which is undesirable on the regimen as you might be able to guess from your own experience.

Alright thanks! What about blackheads? How do you get rid of those?

Alright thanks! What about blackheads? How do you get rid of those?

I clicked on your profile real quick and saw your question about blackheads. Just being nosy to see who I was talking to. If you haven't gotten an answer yet, Salicylic Acid works real well for that - 1-2% - get a gel that you can put on, not a toner, as it really doesn't sink in like a gel or cream - just on areas you need - but alternate it though with the BP - so you don't get real dried out or irritated.

There is another Queen Helene mask that someone out that to me, is super smart reccommends to use - Romeo - see link below. I haven't tried it though...

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...amp;catid=48050

Yeah, I was think about using a facial scrub to exfoliate but I changed my mind. I don't want any more chemicals on my face. So I'm going to try this baby brush method with jojoba oil tonight to see how it works. My skin is just red, and a tad bit blotchy.

I have used Proactiv's Refining Mask in the past and that was the only decent product that Proactiv had. But once again, its 6% sulphur so I'm not going to use a mask for a while, till I see significant differences.

I actually love the Proactiv bp - 2.5% - I thought it was real gentle and had some calming properties to it - not just pure bp. I have tons of bottles left from using proactiv for so long and them sending the shipment every 2 months.

Good idea not to rush trying other things - see how things work for your skin.

So I tried the baby brush exfoliation method tonight. I put some jojoba oil on my face (about 6-8 drops) and gently massaged with my fingertips. Then, I used the baby brush (it's actually a mini-baby toothbrush) in a circular motion. Cleanse, very little BP (because my skin is extremely dry today) and then moisturizer. Actually after the shower, I immediately stepped into my cold room which was a stupid mistake and all of a sudden my face became extremely dry, thus the little BP tonight. I'll try this method for a few weeks and see if it does anything.

I use a bunch more than that, so I have a good coating on my skin - I too use my fingers at the end - so I can feel what is on my skin and try to get the dead crap off!

Keep us posted and good luck! Just wait til summer comes and you have to figure out a whole new routine ;)

Check out a product called beginnings.

Its an exfoliant but it works completely different. Its NOT a scrub or an acid.

Ive used it, and plan on buying it again to use with the regimen, because it is completely,

totally non irritating (and if you have seen my other postings lately you know if I say it didnt irritate MY skin that means something).

You can even use it over inflamed skin, it doesnt harm it.

Its a groundbreaking product IMO..

http://www.beautifulfacesonline.com/product_information.html

The only thing-expensive. And I mean expensive. Worth it, if you can afford it.

You can get a sample for a couple bucks. Try it.

Im saving money to get it now actually.

Yeah, I'm going to use about 10-12 drops of jojoba oil and then use the brushes to gently massage. I was scared of using jojoba oil at first but it really works. Not only does it moisten my dry spots, but the red marks seem to lessen.

Jojoba oil is definately wonderful stuff. I mix some into my lotion.

Im excited to try emu oil as well! Ive heard so many good reviews of it.

I think these natural oils are much better for us than many of the chemical

filled skin creams out there.

Check out a product called beginnings.

Its an exfoliant but it works completely different. Its NOT a scrub or an acid.

Ive used it, and plan on buying it again to use with the regimen, because it is completely,

totally non irritating (and if you have seen my other postings lately you know if I say it didnt irritate MY skin that means something).

You can even use it over inflamed skin, it doesnt harm it.

Its a groundbreaking product IMO..

http://www.beautifulfacesonline.com/product_information.html

The only thing-expensive. And I mean expensive. Worth it, if you can afford it.

You can get a sample for a couple bucks. Try it.

Im saving money to get it now actually.

I just checked out the website and didn't see where you can order samples?

I apologize.

I checked the website and you are right, I no longer see where you can order a sample. Sorry to get your hopes up. :(

If you are interested and can afford it I hope you take my word for it that this is a very good product.