Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ugk

What's The Best AHA Product for Regimen Users?

I've been a dedicated regimen user for 3 years now. It's the best but I'm tired of the flakes and uneven, reddish skin tone.

I've heard great things about AHA. are they true? What product should I buy? How do you incorporate it into the regimen?

Thanks!!! I know it's kind of a dumb question but I really have no idea.

I'm pretty sure the best way to do it is find a moisturizer that has AHA in it. Though I would also like to know which is the best moisturizer containing AHA. Also is there a moisturizer with spf and AHA because that would solve all the problems I have.

I've been a dedicated regimen user for 3 years now. It's the best but I'm tired of the flakes and uneven, reddish skin tone.

I've heard great things about AHA. are they true? What product should I buy? How do you incorporate it into the regimen?

Thanks!!! I know it's kind of a dumb question but I really have no idea.

No dumb questions here...we are all here to help each other! Here is a page with reviews of various moisturizers/creams, some of which have alpha hydroxy acid. Check them out and that should help you find an AHA product or two to try.

http://www.acne.org/over-the-counter/moist...ge1.html#browse

Below is a link with a discussion of AHA and AHA products...it should prove helpful to you. :D

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/AHA-is-no...ent-t94529.html

If I buy a moisturizer with AHA in it, does it essentially replace Dan's Moisturizer (which I use for the regimen)? Or do I do some sort of AHA cream in addition to the moisturizer?

Thanks guys!!! I'm learning a lot from the helpful people here!!

How can you tell if those products contain AHA or not? From the look of it non of those contain aha.

There are several different specific acids that fall into the alpha hydroxy acid umbrella. The two big ones are glycolic acid and lactic acid. If you see glycolic or lactic acid on an ingredient list, you've got yourself an AHA product. You'll want concentrations of 5-10% or so if you're going to use the lotion all over your face, as most people will want to do.

If I buy a moisturizer with AHA in it, does it essentially replace Dan's Moisturizer (which I use for the regimen)? Or do I do some sort of AHA cream in addition to the moisturizer?

Thanks guys!!! I'm learning a lot from the helpful people here!!

It depends on how strong the product is. If it's about 5-10% and you use it all over your face, you'll want to use the AHA as a stand-alone moisturizer once a day or so (I recommend night, since AHA increases your sun sensitivity). If you were using Dan's moisturizer twice a day and want to use an AHA product, I'd recommend using the AHA lotion you choose in place of Dan's as your night moisturizer. (Another reason you don't want to use another moisturizer with the AHA is that AHAs tend to liquify other moisturizers and make the texture weird and unstable...I don't know how to else to explain it if you haven't experienced it yourself, though, it's just strange.) If you just want to use AHA as a spot-treatment for pimples, though, then you might want a stronger AHA (10-15% or so), but then you only apply it to individual spots after you've used your normal moisturizer.