Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eryka

Progress with red marks until a certain point

I've recently faded a lot of my red marks with the help of manual exfoliation and ultra gentle lactic acid but I seem to have hit a road block.

While the lighter/newer red marks fade noticeably week to week, some older ones persist.

Now could this be that they are so damaged and deep that I just haven't gotten to the root of them (so to speak) or is my skin just used to my whole routine now?

I'm going to stick with it but it's unnerving that some days my red marks are barely pink and then others they look almost fresh for no apparent reason.

Anyone have similar experiences?

I've recently faded a lot of my red marks with the help of manual exfoliation and ultra gentle lactic acid but I seem to have hit a road block.

While the lighter/newer red marks fade noticeably week to week, some older ones persist.

Now could this be that they are so damaged and deep that I just haven't gotten to the root of them (so to speak) or is my skin just used to my whole routine now?

I'm going to stick with it but it's unnerving that some days my red marks are barely pink and then others they look almost fresh for no apparent reason.

Stick with it. I too notice some days marks are redder than others? Sometime to after a workout they are redder to or hot shower.

Give it time. Many may take a good 6-12 months to fade completly

Yeah that's what I'm going to do. Besides, I rather have red marks than acne again.

I know exactly what you mean, some days I look at my scars and they've faded considerably....I get my hopes up, only to find that the next day they are back as red as ever :wall: Very disheartening.