Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tropicalbreeze

c&c continous control 10% BP cleanser - australia (free)

OK, so I bought this and tried it thinking it was going to be great..this 10% BP is way too much for my skin. I'd had trouble once befoe with 10% BP but thought the cleanser might be different. Anyway, I'm sure it's great just not for me. someone else posted that this cleanser is going to be available to australia soon but 5%. I paid for 2 and 1 is still in the package, never opened. Id be willing to post it for someone else to try for free. Just make sure you can handle the 10%, id just hate to see it go to waste.

Yea, 10% is to strong. BTW, the 5% is available now! It may suit your skin better, just look for it where you get the usual skin care products at the supermarket.

If you don't mind ordering overseas, go for the Carley's clear and smooth. It's only 2% bp!

IT'S AT ACTION, COLES AND WOOLWORTHS. ITS DEFINATELY THERE, AS WHEN I LOOKED, I NOTICED IT WAS ONLY A 5% NOT 10%. TRY ONE OF THE ABOVE. YOU IN QUEENSLAND?

man I have spent more time down the beach lately than i have in my whole life, the heat's really not good for the skin either which pisses me off, i think its coolin down a bit now with the rain n all

well I looked in the places u said and couldn't find it.. all I found was the usual products and the other continuous control product called "continuous control acne wash" which is the one without the bp. Are u sure u found it? Mayb I should look in shops in the city or in bigger shopping centres or something. What city u in?

Im on the coast, just an hr north of you!

Im going to do some shopping Friday, ill look again, im 99% positive its there, unless C&C do another 5% product!

So... anyone who has managed to track down this C&C 5%, can you tell us what you think of it? Works good for you? Works bad? I am interested in this product.

I'm using C&C 5% BP right now...only because I have to! That's the highest available concentration here in Canada. It's working great so far. Good luck!

If you can't find the C&C 5%, just go to the chemist and get the Benzac 5% wash, its going to do the same. I used it for a while with good results.

Is Chemist your terminology for our pharmacist? Kewl!

DO NOT use benzac ac wash 5 with the c&c blackhead scrub! I used this for about 3 days and stopped right away cause my face had exploded! I'm using cetaphil without water now to settle down that mess and seems to be workin real well

yes in Australia we call them chemists or pharmacists--same thing!

Bommdoggydawg---Thats what i found with the Benzac, for me it helped clear my skin, but it is strong, (even on its own). But for people who can use a 5%-10% wash, it still may be an option.

Can you get any overseas products? I highly recommend the carley's clear and smooth 2% bp wash. It's just enough, without over doing it!

my skin didn't become dry or anything while using hte benzac ac wash with the c&c blackhead scrub, I just got heaps more acne. I used the benzac ac wash by it self for 2 years after a derm recopmmended it to me, n it worked pretty well for a while but then stopped workin, so i think I'm finished with that product. Usin cetaphil without water is workin well but I need to use it wiht some other product perhaps to get me totally clear. I'm thinkin mayb cetaphil with the blackhead scrub but not sure

I had a look for the C&C 5% today, yet i couldn't see it. Im positive there was a C&C 5% bp there? Although they had a few out of stocks, so maybe its one, ill will continue to look when i go shopping. Cetaphil may be okay, but it offers no treatment for acne. You just now need a bacteria killer! I have used a product called sapoderm, it contains triclosan as the antibacterial. Its costs $3-4 for 3 bars in the soap section at the supermarket, I liked it alot, i just prefer the carley's 2% bp.

Anyway, just an option!

can somone tell me how to order this C&C wash to australia? every place that come across that sells the 10% wash only ships within the US.

thanks in advance

Hi Im in sydney,

couldnt find C&C Blackhead Scrub, they only have C&C blackhead cleanser, are they the same?? it's in purple tube.

cheers

I'm in Brisbane..

You can get Clean and Clear Continuous control acne cleanser with BP 5% from Priceline, I bought it last week. (Purple tube)

Priceline also stocks Ultra Clearail acne cream with BP 5%

I haven't seen Benzac.. I found both of these products first, and figured that Priceline would have everything that a chemist has. Then I came on here and everyone is raving about this. I don't know whether to keep using the clearasil or change over. How much is the benzac?

What moisturser are you guys using? It's hard to get someone to recommend a good moistursier when lost people using these message boards are from the US. I'm just using the Clearail oil free one at the moment. But i've still got flaky skin.

Oh I should mention that I've only been using these products for a week. I have noticed a small difference. I just hope it's not my imagination. My main problem is that I have really red cheeks with small scaring for dealing with this for 10 years )('m 22). So if anyone has any tips for scar treatment I would be greatful.

I've only used Clean and clear continuous control acne cleanser with 5% BP, I didn't even realise they made one with 10%. You should just be able to find it at a supermarket.

Why buy that stuff? Read my post at http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=45279 . Then read the website at www.acnesupplies.com and decide for yourself!

To quote www.acne.org:

"A 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cream: Several studies show that a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide solution actually works better than the overdrying 10% solutions. So why are most of the benzoyl peroxide medications on the market in 10% strength? Because this is the legal limit for over-the-counter benzoyl peroxide and marketers know that people will always buy "maximum strength" if they can. However, in the case of benzoyl peroxide, maximum strength gels and creams are not as effective as their lower strength counterparts. As it turns out, 2.5% benzoyl peroxide is just as effective in killing acne bacteria as the higher concentrations. With 2.5% you get all the beneficial effects of benzoyl peroxide without the excess irritation that can make acne worse."