Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LinkinParkFan

Should i be using toner?

Totally unnecessary.

You can try it if you want, but I would wait until you are completely clear from the regimen first. Try not to add in variables until you are totally clear, otherwise, you won't know what's working and what isn't.

-Dan

It isn't TOTALLY unnecessary. What about a toner with AHAs to fade red marks?

Or just use Eucerin Renewal?

Clarification: I meant it is totally unnecessary as far as the regimen goes. Toners may have beneficial properties. Honestly, I don't really know. I would just caution against introducing a toner, or any other product, into the regimen until you are totally clear. Then you can add in 1 variable at a time.

-Dan

toner is to wipe off the residue that remains after cleansing the skin, especially if the cleanser u using its kinda creamy. if ur skin looks clean after the wash then u dont really need a toner.

yeah - a toner was a necessary step when people were reliant on heavy greasy cream cleansers. Most people wash their cleanser away in the shower so their is not much need. They can often be very drying - but some very oily skinned people like that....if you want to add one in make sure it promises "no alcohol" and wait until you've been on the regimen for a couple of months.

I agree, make sure it say "NON-ACOHOLIC", I have one that is great and I find after I have washed my face I still remove more dirt. It amaze me how I can wash my face and still have dirt come off on the cotton ball, but I'm glad I removed all that I can to make sure my pores are clean. biggrin.gif/

I just bought some Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner...which has alcohol and AHA/BHA in it... Hopefully it won't hurt. I want to fade red marks with it and gently exfoliate