Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

its on tv everywhere and if they said its true that it does work then why is everyone still going to the derm? trillions of people have tried this product because its so easy to get a hold of it its on tv in the mall now basically everywhere you go. i have tried proactive too it sucked really bad i think it caused me to even break out more and it tore the shit out of my skin with the cleanser.

has anyone had success from just using pro active?

its on tv everywhere and if they said its true that it does work then why is everyone still going to the derm? trillions of people have tried this product because its so easy to get a hold of it its on tv in the mall now basically everywhere you go. i have tried proactive too it sucked really bad i think it caused me to even break out more and it tore the shit out of my skin with the cleanser.

It does not work for me but it works perfectly for my husband. Everyone's skin is different, but the ingredients in Proactiv will work for a lot of people with mild/moderate acne whose skin responds well to BP.

The Proactiv cleanser should not tear the shit out of your skin. You should cleanse your face very very gently, using just your fingertips, and gentle gentle gentle!!! I swear, I know you feel like you need to scrub your face but that's counter productive. Cleansing is just to sweep away the dirt on your skin, it does not take force.

Finally, keep in mind that using a new regimen will often cause you to break out at first as it draws the impurities out of your pores and as your skin gets used to it. You should give any regimen 6-8 weeks to work.

well i guess it all depends on our skin individually coz like other products one has success and one doesnt as we all know so anyways i didnt have success with proactiv infact i hated it coz it made my mild acne moderate and one of my freinds has been using it for five years and swears by it that it works so i guess we should all keep trying and keep looking and wasting money heheheh

First time I used Pro Activ I broke out tremendously. But I continued and after about 4 weeks I saw great results. I stopped using it, and about 2 months later I broke out pretty bad. I went back to Proactiv and it didn't work.

I still use it becuase i have it, so it can't hurt. I basically use it because it has benzoil peroxide. I use the cleanser and salyctic acid scrub now. Occasionally use the proactive toner and lotion as well.

Proactive worked for me for a few years, but then my acne changed and became hormonal, so that was that!

It didn't work for me...... I found the cleanser too gritty and ineffective at...um...cleaning.... the toner greasy and the BP was alright, but didn't last very long.

Hi,

I'm pretty sure my acne is hormonal. I think so because my birth control helped somewhat, and when I stopped taking it everything got so much worse. The worst areas are my shoulders and around my chin and jawline.

I am pregnant now and my OB said benzoyl peroxide is okay. I used to use Neutrogena solutions, but they were out, so this time I bought Acne Free something (can't remember the exact name).

I think it's basically like Proactiv- there is a bp cleanser with granules that exfoliate, a toner, and a bp lotion. It has worked so well. My skin is slightly dry, but only slightly. I don't use a moisturizer. My dermatologist, who first suggested bp might be okay, also advised me not to use moisturizer. I think I've been using this for about 3 weeks, and it didn't get worse before it got better, just started improving, but very slowly. My skin feels less oily.

I just thought I would throw this out there since this product is comparable to Proactiv and I'm an adult female who most likely has hormonal acne. I would say mine is moderate but most of the pimples I do get are cysts and leave a ton of marks so of course it looks like it's worse than it is. I'm 28 now and I have struggled with this problem since about 20.

I tried Proactiv when I still had mild-moderate acne. It worked reaaal great, didn't dry out my skin or anything. I didn't use it 2 times a day cause I just didn't have time in the morning with getting ready for school and catching the bus and all that, so I just used it at night and it still worked. I used it on and off for about a month and a half until I ran out, my skin wasn't clear (but lemme remind u that i didnt use it 2 times a day, i was still eating a shitload of junk food regularly) So I'd say the way I was using it, it cleared me up about 75%. I have no doubt that if I wouldve used it morning and night and follow a good diet that it wouldve cleared me up in no time. So after I ran out I started using just normal over the counter stuff and my acne was still mild-moderate. Then I broke out in cystic acne and whiteheads all over my face so I got back on Proactiv and this time it did dry out my face ALOT. I was waking up and my face was so dry I felt that if I opened my mouth wide it tear up my whole face! So you can bet I just stopped using it, it really wasnt doing anything to me but drying my face out and burning the hell outta my face with the Repairing Lotion. So I finally went to the derm and my skin is relatively under control since the cyst break out.

Besides, I remember the Repairing Lotion or the Renewing Cleanser (if not both) had fragrance listed as an ingredient which might irritate some types of skin and cause further breakouts.

All in all, I say proactiv is ONLY for those who have mild-moderate acne. I dont think what they say on TV that "it works on all types of skin" is true, u saw what happened the 2nd time I got on it.

I have to say the Refining Mask worked pretty well before my body became immune to it :/.

Proactive worked well for me for about three years, I'm thinking about eventually going back to it as it got the job done, I wish I would have never gone off of it.

I did work for me perfectly. I love it. You know what they say , that you hav to use it for months 'til u can see results.

didn't work. but some people love it. i personally find their mask quite nice, and I heard their cucumber lotion is very good. once i tried to buy it and they were out of it.