Notifications
Clear all

Rooibos Tea

MemberMember
(@bunnylips)

Posted : 02/17/2008 10:31 am

Hi!

I'm new to this forum and I just want to spread the word about Rooibos Tea. IT IS THE BOMB!!! I have been battling Adult Acne for 10 years now (mostly cystic) and have tried everything. I was having new, HUGE breakouts every two or three days...absolutely could not control it with any product.

I heard about Rooibos tea and tried it. The tea is very good and I drink about 6+ cups a day. Occassionally I will rinse my face with cool Rooibos tea in the middle of the day if my skin feels oily.

I HAVE NOT HAD NEW ACNE SINCE I'VE STARTED DRINKING IT 26 DAYS AGO!!!!!!! I am hooked! I buy it by the bulk now online...the "Be Well Red Teas" by The Republic of Tea called "get gorgeous" for clear skin. I'm sure any Rooibos tea will have the same benefits but I'm not taking the chance at this point. IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had one of my friends try it last week...she's hooked too. It's great for anti-aging as well (I'm 45 so that's a dual-benefit for me).

My skin is actually "radiant". And I have not used BP or SA or any harsh treatments since I started drinking this tea.

For the first time in 10 years I have clear skin!!!! :D

MemberMember
(@addie)

Posted : 02/17/2008 10:40 am

Hey, I saw that tea online before and thought it sounded like it tasted good, so I looked for it in stores, but didn't find, gave up, and forgot about it. Where did you get it before you bought it in bulk?

MemberMember
(@bunnylips)

Posted : 02/17/2008 10:47 am

Hey, I saw that tea online before and thought it sounded like it tasted good, so I looked for it in stores, but didn't find, gave up, and forgot about it. Where did you get it before you bought it in bulk?
MemberMember
(@bran88)

Posted : 02/17/2008 11:26 am

I bought it at The Mustard Seed but I think any of the organic markets should carry it. It's $10 for 36 bags so I just buy it bulk online now...way cheaper.

You won't regret it...and the tea is very good for you (50 times more anti-oxidants than green tea).

MemberMember
(@bunnylips)

Posted : 02/17/2008 11:34 am

I bought it at The Mustard Seed but I think any of the organic markets should carry it. It's $10 for 36 bags so I just buy it bulk online now...way cheaper.

You won't regret it...and the tea is very good for you (50 times more anti-oxidants than green tea).

MemberMember
(@bran88)

Posted : 02/17/2008 11:35 am

I have that tea too and really like it! It's hard for me to tell if it has an effect on my acne because I don't drink it every day and I'm doing so many other things, but anyway they do sell it at whole foods, that's where i got it. It's tasty at least, and it's got other ingredients that are supposed to be good for acne like burdock root and sasparilla...

MemberMember
(@bunnylips)

Posted : 02/17/2008 11:49 am

I have that tea too and really like it! It's hard for me to tell if it has an effect on my acne because I don't drink it every day and I'm doing so many other things, but anyway they do sell it at whole foods, that's where i got it. It's tasty at least, and it's got other ingredients that are supposed to be good for acne like burdock root and sasparilla...

MemberMember
(@bran88)

Posted : 02/17/2008 11:51 am

I'm afraid not to drink it everyday at this point since it's working. I think I'm addicted! ;)

MemberMember
(@addie)

Posted : 02/17/2008 11:56 am

Hey, I've got a Whole Foods. I like that there'll be health benefits to the tea, in general, even if it doesn't help with my acne, specifically.

MemberMember
(@bunnylips)

Posted : 02/17/2008 12:01 pm

Hey, I've got a Whole Foods. I like that there'll be health benefits to the tea, in general, even if it doesn't help with my acne, specifically.
MemberMember
(@luv4dietcoke)

Posted : 02/17/2008 6:24 pm

Hi!

I'm new to this forum and I just want to spread the word about Rooibos Tea. IT IS THE BOMB!!! I have been battling Adult Acne for 10 years now (mostly cystic) and have tried everything. I was having new, HUGE breakouts every two or three days...absolutely could not control it with any product.

I heard about Rooibos tea and tried it. The tea is very good and I drink about 6+ cups a day. Occassionally I will rinse my face with cool Rooibos tea in the middle of the day if my skin feels oily.

I HAVE NOT HAD NEW ACNE SINCE I'VE STARTED DRINKING IT 26 DAYS AGO!!!!!!! I am hooked! I buy it by the bulk now online...the "Be Well Red Teas" by The Republic of Tea called "get gorgeous" for clear skin. I'm sure any Rooibos tea will have the same benefits but I'm not taking the chance at this point. IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had one of my friends try it last week...she's hooked too. It's great for anti-aging as well (I'm 45 so that's a dual-benefit for me).

My skin is actually "radiant". And I have not used BP or SA or any harsh treatments since I started drinking this tea.

MemberMember
(@bunnylips)

Posted : 02/17/2008 6:36 pm

Hi!

is it the same as the lipton red tea?

I have the strawberry and passion fruit teas that lipton makes and i'm wondering if that can work as well.

i don't drink it everyday but maybe i should!

MemberMember
(@justamomtoo)

Posted : 02/17/2008 6:42 pm

OMG!!! Great link I stumbled upon!

My husband was in a world foods store yesterday and of course knows I like tea. Well, he came upon this EXACT tea, "Get Gorgeous" by The Republic of Tea and chuckled a little while buying it for me because he knows I will try just about anything for good skin! The ingredients are: rooibos (leaf); orange (peel); hibiscus (flower); chamomile (flower); red clover (flower); chaste berry (fruit); burdock (root). Today I made a 3-cup pot for iced tea and am beginning to drink some. I gotta admit I don't love the taste, but I'm going to drink it anyway because rooibos is really good for you. I know I'll become accustomed to the flavor too. He also bought a goji raspberry green tea for me to try as well. I have a number of flavors of tea, which I usually get used to when I don't initially care for the taste. Here's hoping it does more than look pretty in the cup! :D

MemberMember
(@bunnylips)

Posted : 02/17/2008 7:00 pm

My husband was in a world foods store yesterday and of course knows I like tea. Well, he came upon this EXACT tea, "Get Gorgeous" by The Republic of Tea and chuckled a little while buying it for me because he knows I will try just about anything for good skin! The ingredients are: rooibos (leaf); orange (peel); hibiscus (flower); chamomile (flower); red clover (flower); chaste berry (fruit); burdock (root). Today I made a 3-cup pot for iced tea and am beginning to drink some. I gotta admit I don't love the taste, but I'm going to drink it anyway because rooibos is really good for you. I know I'll become accustomed to the flavor too. He also bought a goji raspberry green tea for me to try as well. I have a number of flavors of tea, which I usually get used to when I don't initially care for the taste. Here's hoping it does more than look pretty in the cup! :D

MemberMember
(@murfirhea)

Posted : 02/17/2008 7:12 pm

Rooibos is from South Africa. My hubby is from South Africa. I have been drinking it for years! I love it. My sister in law in Cape Town, where it is grown, sends it to us when I request it. It is tons cheaper for her to send it to me than to buy it here. Otherwise my inlaws and my hubby and I pick some up when we go back.

Not only is it good for you internally, if you make a toner out of it you can get benefits as well. It contains AHA. It is also good for allergies, colic, nausea, tummy troubles, etc. I have IBS as well and find it extremely soothing. It has no caffeine and is pregnancy safe. I also contains way more antioxidants than green tea!

MemberMember
(@luv4dietcoke)

Posted : 02/17/2008 7:25 pm

I noticed a change the second day I started drinking this stuff! I do drink more than the recommended 3-4 cups a day though. My most recent "tumors" were not as noticable (smaller and not as painful). The true test was last week...I'm approaching "that time of month" and my acne always gets way worse at that time. For the first time in 10 years I had no cystic breakouts!

MemberMember
(@justamomtoo)

Posted : 02/17/2008 7:28 pm

I'm so happy that you have found this to help you that much and decided to join and hopefully help out others as well! I told my husband all about your discovery and I gotta say, he was pretty happy that he found it for me as well haha! Have you been using it iced or just hot? I think I drink more when I put it in a large glass as iced, with a straw, and then I'm able to drink it instead of another beverage throughout the day. That's what I usually do with green tea or water, so I'll continue that way. I might also add lemon off and on for some extra zip!

You have a good skincare line that you're enjoying using but when you do get your usual breakout, what do you treat the spot with? I'm asking because I've used bp, sulfur, sa, oh gosh you name it I'm pretty sure I've tried it, but most recently as a spot treatment I've been using 100% tea tree oil dabbed on my spot over my normal regimen. Since I don't get many breakouts at one time, I haven't been able to judge over a short period of time. What I did notice is that after dabbing on the tto at night, the next morning each spot was less red, less painful, less angry, and each one seemed to go away without much fanfare. I do it the night I see or feel one coming up. Usually they would hang around much longer and look worse, but for some reason for me, the tto over my normal routine seems to work. I've had very good success with mandelic acid for my overall skincare, but I still like to treat my spots with extra topicals for an added punch. Anyway, have you ever tried the tto and if so, what did you experience? Since you get the cystic type, it would be great to hear from you if you have tried it.

Ciao! :D

P.S. to anyone wanting to try it ~ I've seen the brand name in many different health food stores but if you can't find the exact tea, if they carry the brand, sometimes they are more than willing to order it for you when they place their next The Republic of Tea order if you want to try this specific tea. haha It reminds me of when Oprah had the NetiPot on her show and the local health food store said they were used to selling maybe 1 or 2 per month.... then they had people rushing in at a rate of about 12 per day!!! I can see Get Gorgeous flying off the shelves now in our pursuit of a clear, radiant complexion! Thanks bunnylips for this thread!

MemberMember
(@bunnylips)

Posted : 02/17/2008 7:33 pm

I noticed a change the second day I started drinking this stuff! I do drink more than the recommended 3-4 cups a day though. My most recent "tumors" were not as noticable (smaller and not as painful). The true test was last week...I'm approaching "that time of month" and my acne always gets way worse at that time. For the first time in 10 years I had no cystic breakouts!

MemberMember
(@justamomtoo)

Posted : 02/17/2008 7:54 pm

"When I went back to the store to try their detox tea, the "get gorgeous" was completely sold out! Makes me think it's working for at least one other person! "

That's crazy it was already sold out by you! Nice to see you have such power isn't it?! ;) And I just rewarded my husband for being right there on the cutting edge as well... with a hot cup of "get gorgeous" too! He actually likes the taste.

Well I think at the very least, it can't hurt trying it because it's loaded with great ingredients. So even if it doesn't completely clear up skin, it will be doing our body well. But it might also be an added benefit to splash some on or use a little cotton pad to apply some after cleansing before other topicals. You did say you use it during the day sometimes so that might have an added punch as well. It would put it right on the problem too. I think that might be a good idea as well.

Ciao!

MemberMember
(@bunnylips)

Posted : 02/17/2008 7:56 pm

I'm so happy that you have found this to help you that much and decided to join and hopefully help out others as well! I told my husband all about your discovery and I gotta say, he was pretty happy that he found it for me as well haha! Have you been using it iced or just hot? I think I drink more when I put it in a large glass as iced, with a straw, and then I'm able to drink it instead of another beverage throughout the day. That's what I usually do with green tea or water, so I'll continue that way. I might also add lemon off and on for some extra zip!

You have a good skincare line that you're enjoying using but when you do get your usual breakout, what do you treat the spot with? I'm asking because I've used bp, sulfur, sa, oh gosh you name it I'm pretty sure I've tried it, but most recently as a spot treatment I've been using 100% tea tree oil dabbed on my spot over my normal regimen. Since I don't get many breakouts at one time, I haven't been able to judge over a short period of time. What I did notice is that after dabbing on the tto at night, the next morning each spot was less red, less painful, less angry, and each one seemed to go away without much fanfare. I do it the night I see or feel one coming up. Usually they would hang around much longer and look worse, but for some reason for me, the tto over my normal routine seems to work. I've had very good success with mandelic acid for my overall skincare, but I still like to treat my spots with extra topicals for an added punch. Anyway, have you ever tried the tto and if so, what did you experience? Since you get the cystic type, it would be great to hear from you if you have tried it.

Ciao! :D

P.S. to anyone wanting to try it ~ I've seen the brand name in many different health food stores but if you can't find the exact tea, if they carry the brand, sometimes they are more than willing to order it for you when they place their next The Republic of Tea order if you want to try this specific tea. haha It reminds me of when Oprah had the NetiPot on her show and the local health food store said they were used to selling maybe 1 or 2 per month.... then they had people rushing in at a rate of about 12 per day!!! I can see Get Gorgeous flying off the shelves now in our pursuit of a clear, radiant complexion! Thanks bunnylips for this thread!

MemberMember
(@luv4dietcoke)

Posted : 02/18/2008 4:24 pm

Not only is it good for you internally, if you make a toner out of it you can get benefits as well. It contains AHA.
MemberMember
(@bunnylips)

Posted : 02/18/2008 5:34 pm

Not only is it good for you internally, if you make a toner out of it you can get benefits as well. It contains AHA.

How do you make it into a toner???

I'm on my second cup of tea today!

MemberMember
(@luv4dietcoke)

Posted : 02/18/2008 6:08 pm

How do you make it into a toner???

I'm on my second cup of tea today!

MemberMember
(@andersoj)

Posted : 02/18/2008 7:18 pm

Sounds interesting, gonna check some out at whole foods.

Thanks for the tip.

MemberMember
(@luv4dietcoke)

Posted : 02/20/2008 1:07 pm

so its been 2 days since i've been drinking the lipton version of the tea.

i really wasn't expecting anything since there are a lot of threads here that promise a lot of things but don't own up to it.

i can honestly say that my acne has really gone down!

i have a really bad cyst near the right side of my eye and its really calmed down.

theres no pain anymore and its less angry!!!

whoo hoo!

thanks bunnylips!!!

also...the tea is making me a feel a lot healthier too!

or maybe its the natural caffeine w/ the black tea that comes with it?

wutever it is....i love it and all for it!

i hope everyone finds success in just drinking tea...it tastes great and its so easy!