Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
his pumpkin

*my accutane log* w/pics in gallery

DAY 136: my lips are still a mess but my acne is not! no active spots still. i can't believe that i'll be getting my last prescription @ the end of the month. of course i won't be able to see my regular derm but whatever...i know there's been progress so i don't need this guy's validation. skin is still so sensitive. i get random marks/cuts...mostly on my hands & arms. but other than that, i'm hanging in there.

now that i think of it, i got a weird pimple on my upper arm. ehhh.

DAY 123: today's procedure went well...looks like i'm OK :) i'm FINALLY allowed to have bread, pasta, rice, potato, chocolate after a week of cutting all those out. it was definitely hard but i stuck to it. so of course i already have had potatoes & bread. however, i have to minimize my intake b/c i tend to go overboard sometimes. sigh.

the little spot on my cheek is slowing going away & the rest of the face is fine, except for the red marks.

so when i had active acne, i would literally cringe everytime i was in the passenger seat of a car & looked into the side mirror w/the window down. for some reason, that view always horrified me. yet today when my brother stopped to get gas, i had no problems.. it was such a great feeling.

i'm getting an endoscopy done as well. did you let them know that you were on accutane before you had the procedure done and if so, what did they tell you regarding that and having an endoscopy done?s

i'm getting an endoscopy done as well. did you let them know that you were on accutane before you had the procedure done and if so, what did they tell you regarding that and having an endoscopy done?s

i mentioned it to my derm a few days before my procedure & she didn't think anything of it. also, they ask you what medication you're on the day of the procedure & it didn't seem to be a problem. just take your medicine after the endoscopy. good luck!

DAY 139:

negatives:

• achy neck today
  • nosebleed 2 days ago
  • lips are dry as anything
  • trying to chew the insides of my mouth (how gross)
  • little bumps on the top of my shoulders

positives:

• NO active acne
  • weight is still down
  • i think my sex drive is back :wub: ::knock on wood::
  • no headaches/backaches

Hi! glad to hear you have no actice acne and you're almost done!

Gosh, I reached 152th day :P So it's been over 5 months already - WOW! Where I have lost my spirng, I just can't remember anything precise except my olds' dances and some meaningless days.. :o Well this spring has already been such a great success so I won't complain. No active acne (just damn red marks) and now I have had a gf for 2wk :P

Cheers, You're almost finished!! :D

Zech

Hi! glad to hear you have no actice acne and you're almost done!

Gosh, I reached 152th day :P So it's been over 5 months already - WOW! Where I have lost my spirng, I just can't remember anything precise except my olds' dances and some meaningless days.. :o Well this spring has already been such a great success so I won't complain. No active acne (just damn red marks) and now I have had a gf for 2wk :P

Cheers, You're almost finished!! :D

Zech

thanks for checking in! glad to hear that you have a new g/f. best of luck! it's always so much fun in the beginning. hehe. as for tane, i've never been so excited & scared to finish something in my entire life! you truly can start counting down instead of counting up now! i'm almost there!!!!!

thanks for checking in! glad to hear that you have a new g/f. best of luck! it's always so much fun in the beginning. hehe. as for tane, i've never been so excited & scared to finish something in my entire life! you truly can start counting down instead of counting up now! i'm almost there!!!!!

Thanks! Still, I "hope" I can go through june, july and to half way of august (then seven month gone) so I won't "get hurt" as coming back as a yo-yo. Sure I'm already counting that 22 weeks passed and about 8 more to go! :D

Hows your red marks and others going? Are they any healing while tane and are you already thinking something for them after your tane course is over?

Hows your red marks and others going? Are they any healing while tane and are you already thinking something for them after your tane course is over?

still have the red marks & scars. i'm thinking (HOPING) they look worse while on tane b/c my skin is so thin right now. i guess only time will tell. i actually stopped applying the emu oil -- don't really have a reason why, guess i just kept forgetting but now i'll have to apply it on tonight before i go to bed! i definitely think i'll continue the emu oil after my course, however, other than that, i'll probably just leave my red marks alone for awhile. i definitely want to look into scar treatments once it's safe for my skin.

how are your red marks?

Also not having to pop open those pill packs!!!!

going onto my 6th month soon & i still can't figure out how to pop those pill out of those packs. i get so frustrated. ha

DAY 142: my skin has been peeling so bad the past 2 days. one of my co-workers pointed it out to me today (pretty embarassing). i just looked in the mirror before to check for any actives & my whole nose & 1/2 my face was peeling off!!! i'm only hoping that this is getting rid of crappy skin & will make my complexion look better. no matter how much moisturizer (cetaphil, aquaphor & cerave), there's always some skin peeling! craziness.

i really do wish my lips & hair would go back to normals. my lips really do hurt. it's painful to even put aquaphor on them!

i scratched my face on mistake...yikes - you would think a cat attacked me. also, i still feel my face flush & my ears get hot during the day.

no aches today!!!!

tomorrow i'm going to AC which should be fun.

Auts, half of the face peeling? That does not sound great.. :/ Well, I guess now that it is peeling there is new and better skin coming surface :)

My red marks.. well, no progress I guess while on tane and do not know what to do with them.. Maybe I wait till my next app. and I can see my derm again (next monday - it has been a good while when I last saw her) and ask something for those cursed marks.

Ps. My lips have also been crap but the only damn thing is that it is not regular. I mean, somedays my lips are fine even if I do not remember to put any vaseline to them and somedays, even if I put tons of it, there is, however, peeling and tattered lips..

(The worst thing just happened to me two days ago: I could not give even a kiss to my gf because of my DAMN LIPS!! shit happens... :whistling:)

Cheers,

Zech

DAY 145: yesterday i had a pretty bad headache for most of the day. i stopped chewing the insides of my mouth though, which is good. lips are still pretty sensitive & dry as anything. my face isn't peeling like it was, so hopefully that's been done w/...

i didn't have 1 day @ all this week to work from home so there has been no rest for make-up on my face. what would i ever do w/o make-up?

oh & i didn't win in AC the other day. grrr.

Hey !

You're getting closer and closer to the end. I'm excited for you :)

everything is going wrong for me today; this week actually. I'm on day 111. I WANT this to be over :( I have 2 more months to go. Which isn't a long time but it is. I start my 2nd to last month in early july. Enough about me, i want to hear about you! :)

Hi. I went to my derm on monday and she prescribed me two more boxes of 1000mg roaccutan. So I got 2g more this stuff. I don't complain thou 'cause I know it's good to eat enough to get rid of this acne forever.

Because of my low dose (30mg a day), I "have to" (well.. I don't have any other side effects than dry lips and redness... blah) eat this for a while. I have only eaten about 4.6 :P

How are you doing? Hope it's getting better and that for sure it's coming closer to finish this stuff :)

Cheers!

Zech

DAY 151: time flies. didn't realize i haven't updated my log in almost a week! same symptoms as usual & no actives. my lips still bother the heck out of me...but i really should stop complaining about that. had my bloodtest the other day & i go for to the derm tomorrow for my LAST MONTH'S SUPPLY!! i must admit, i am behind on pills b/c i was sick for a week & wasn't taken them religiously but i refuse to stop counting up. haha. but yes, i will be picking up my last prescription by this weekend! :dance: wouldn't that be terrible if the derm said i needed an extra month? geeze. what sucks is that i'm seeing a derm i haven't seen before. i hate that. he won't know crap about my progress. grr.

i have a mosquito bite on my arm & i was itching it b/c it was driving me crazy. next thing i know, i have a terrible scab on it & it looks awful. my skin is so sensitive, it's ridiculous.

i still have little bumps on the tops of my arms/shoulders.

in the perfect lighting, i swear i never had acne.

Wooo ! Last month coming up !! i really am just soooo excited for you. I think i'm gonna miss being off of accutane as strange as it sounds. It's a scary thing in a way ain't it? Lol but don't worry. You'll look fabulous ! :)

Darn that lighting eh? I have the same problem. You can either love it or hate it lol.

DAY 158: good news & bad news.

bad news first:

so i had my derm appt on friday. apparently, my liver levels have gone up since last month (which were 3 points too high then). so i had to go get more bloodwork today. next week i guess i'll find out if i should continue more course or not. in the meantime, i'm supposed to take it as usually (80mg/day). i hope everything is OK. makes me nervous. in the beginning i thought i would be so scared to stop my course if there was anything wrong w/my bloodwork results, however, i just hope everything goes back to normal...even if that means i have to finish early. yikes. well, i'm going to keep positive about it though.

my hands/skin keep getting scratched. i don't even know how. even my sunglasses make these red marks on the bridge of my nose which never has happened before. my lips are just ugh.

& the good news:

no actives

22 days left!!!!!! (technically)

Hey hispumpkin, I'm sure everything will be fine. Make sure you've fasted long enough because that can also screw with your lab results. I've had a few times where my derm would tell me "you're cholesterol is a bit high, if it continues like this you'll have to be taken off accutane" It's actually really annoying and scary in a way. Keep it positive, and good luck !

DAY 162: tomorrow i call for my lab results. other than that, i'm doing pretty good. i hate to stop my course w/less than 3 weeks left of my course. however, i hope i don't do permanent damage to my body. ugh. well, i can't think of that right now. i'm sure if the dr thought that, he would've stopped me right there & then when he saw my levels were high.

i hate how my lips feel. they ache. is that even possible? it hurts to put aquaphor or chapstick on them.

acne free. this medicine really does work. wasn't completely sold that it would work for me though. it definitely has impressed me.

DAY 162: tomorrow i call for my lab results. other than that, i'm doing pretty good. i hate to stop my course w/less than 3 weeks left of my course. however, i hope i don't do permanent damage to my body. ugh. well, i can't think of that right now. i'm sure if the dr thought that, he would've stopped me right there & then when he saw my levels were high.

i hate how my lips feel. they ache. is that even possible? it hurts to put aquaphor or chapstick on them.

acne free. this medicine really does work. wasn't completely sold that it would work for me though. it definitely has impressed me.

I hope the test results are PERFECTLY NORMAL!!!! Good Luck Cutie!

DAY 166: 2 WEEKS LEFT!!!!!!!!!! so i called for my test results the other day. the nurse said that although my cholesterol levels are still a bit high, my liver levels are in normal range. that made me feel good, especially since i had about 4 glasses of wine a few days before my test. how terribly irresponsible was that! i didn't even realize until after i had my blood test done. but i'm still continuing my course as normal.

have i mentioned that i can't stand my lips?! i think i have. only a bit though. haha. it's really annoying though. i will not miss this side-effect. also, i feel like my hair always looks like crap. i tend to not wash it for days...i keep stretching it b/c it just looks so dry & damaged. i can't remember what it was, but someone mentioning a good hair product they were using...if anyone has suggestions, please share.. i'm willing to spend a good amount of money to get my hair to look healthy again. it just looks dull & gross. i hate it.

my skin has been peeling all around my nose lately. also on my chin. i was scrapping the skin off & since our skin is so sensitive, i actually cut myself & now i keep picking at the area...needless to say, it's not getting better. the other day i woke up w/4 long scratches on my upper arm. looks like a cat clawed me.

i have definitely gained weight. i won't even weigh myself b/c it'll make me angry.

i have a little bump on the side of my nose. not sure if it'll surface though. that would suck.

i'm very pink.

DAY 177: time has flown by, that's for sure. sorry i disappeared. it's been a crazy past week & 1/2, w/work...another AC trip...getting PINK EYE! ugh. it was just terrible. it's cleared up now though & @ least i got a day off of work from it.

anyway, i'm nervous as heck to finish my course. to tell you the truth, i'm technically less than day 177 due to missing some pills..but whatever. i can't figure that all out right now..so therefore, i'm on day 177. :) i had to take tylenol before for my neck, it was just killing me.

i cannot wait for normal lips. no breakouts, except that bump on the side of my nose is still there but hasn't surfaced.

i'm also excited about finishing my course b/c i would like to see my skin not flush @ a drop of a hat & perhaps my scars won't look so prominent. but only time will tell. my last accutane derm appt is on monday. i doubt they'll continue my course b/c i was on a large dose for a long time!!

has it really been a 1/2 year??! i NEVER EVER thought i would finish b/c it seemed so far away. if you've just started or about to start...don't worry --- the end does come & it's well worth the wait.

i truly feel that strangers treat me different now. although i still have hideous scars, i feel more confident looking people in the face. i love how i don't feel the need to touch/pick @ my face (hence my scars). i used to always put my hand over my face to hide a pimple or cluster of them which probably made it worse from the oil on my hands.

i will have so much more to write after i finish my course. i don't want to jinx myself. i have this fear that i will break out right after i take my last pill. why am i so negative? this has been an overall positive experience :) woohoo!!!

Good Morning Lady!!!

I actually came on the site this morning just to see how you were doing and look here you are!

I am SOOOO happy you are almost done! Just think no more figuring out if you have fat in the morning to take your pill!!!!

Don't loose hope if you break out a little in the fist month after - I hear this is completely normal and it did happen to me and now being off of it for a little over a month I LOVE MY SKIN. I just typed those words and can't believe that I actually believe that.

We have had such a long road getting here - and now you are almost done!!!

I seriously laugh at myself now as I find stashes of my lip balm EVERYWhere! In drawers, jackets, purese etc it feels so good to just use them every once and a while!!!!!

Wooo !

I'm SO excited for you. I actually have less than a month and a half left of accutane as well. I'll be done before september hopefully (which is far away but actually closer than you think !) I too feel that i'm gonna break out as soon as I finish my last pill. It's wrong to think like that. You've come a long way. You MUST let us know how the grass is on the other side. :) I'll be checking in on you that's for sure. Take care. I haven't forgotten you :)