Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trialbyfire

Anyone tried B5 from Holland and Barrett?

Hey,

Has anybody in the UK had any success with B5(pantothenic acid) from Holland and Barrett? I noticed people on the board have been talking about how some brands of B5 don't work so well, and since I just started I thought i'd better check.

thanks.

H & B 500mg are time release tablets as I'm sure you've noticed. It's been said that these don't work as well as the capsule form but a lot of people online have said they have had success with them. It all really depends on the person and you'll also need to take into consideration that b5 wouldn't have worked for everyone.

Nearly everyone posting on acne forums who are from the UK started out with the H&B brand as it is the easiest to find in the shops.

I have been buying my B5 for about 8 months now from an internet retailer called Rosemary's Health Foods... I used to buy my B5 from H&B and before that from GNC (is that what they're called?) but found they were far too overpriced.

Since then, have found that RHF's B5 is of good quality, good price, and the delivery time is very good indeed.

RHF can be found at http://www.rosemaryshealthfoods.co.uk/

Clearly B5 doesn't work for everyone, but in my case I've had an amazing response to it. I get the timed release ones from H&B.

I've been taking 2g per day for the last three weeks and I can't say enough good things about the results I've had.

did they work for you then? been on them for nearly three weeks. got a real bad breakout just after the first week and im still gettin old acne pushed out from my skin but once they've come up they havent come back. got a slight reduction in oil but not much. how long before u saw results?

alex

attn everybody in uk!! holland & barret timed release Panto acid, 100 tablets 500mg is now HALF PRICE, £4.50 !!!!

ive never tried the timed release ones, is there any difference? anyway, get supplies now!

Guest OnlyJoe

I was taking the H and B b5 pills, got through about 4bottles and gave up, couldnt handle taking that many pills a day, i was sick all the time, and never had a decent meal during the time.... in fact i still got em sumwhere. ontop of all that, they dont come cheap.

I take 10 500mg tablets daily - 5 am and 5pm. I have to say that the results so far have been very promising. I appreciate that it may not work for everybody, however, it's well worth a try.

Guest OnlyJoe

I spent way to much cash on them... not sure if that it makes a difference if there time released.